GreaseSpot Cafe

Second Annual Southern Comfort Reunion n Weenie Roast

Ohbehave...yes they are...There was 3 dogs at the weinie roast this year.

As long as your dogs don`t pester the other campers in the camp ground, noone generally says a thing.

When my big dog wandered off at tims ford dragging his horse lead line that he was tied with .... Someone from a few campsights over returned him n said he didnt know whether to lead im or ride em...hee hee

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Herb...I think you have done a wonderful job as a Weenie Roast coordinator... You pick a time and place...they will come, I'll do my best to be there as well. I have plenty of stew meat and liquid refreshments for this years. If'n we don't go back to Tim's Ford we could at least stop by on the way and kiss that hallowed ground , I am sure there is a pear tree sprout growin' there to mark tha holy spot.

Perhaps we could do a couple this year, one in the spring or summer and then another in the fall. I do like tha idea of a three day weekend, would allow more travel time, or allow an extra day for visitin fer those close by. Ky Lake Village also has nice cabins, thats just north of Sudo.

I am sure you'll do a great job. Look forward to seeing ya again! Yer friendly tour guide to tha bourbin regions of tha bluegrass , Littlehawk

• 4 weeks later...

Once again, I'm throwing in my vote for the Smoky Mtn. Nat'l. Park....since it's in me own backyard and all! icon_biggrin.gif:D--> anim-smile.gificon_wink.gif;)--> anim-smile-blue.gifanim-smile.gificon_biggrin.gif:D-->

Love y'all,

-Colleen

GO VOLS!!

''...show a little faith, there's magic in the night, you ain't a beauty, but hey, you're alright, oh, and that's alright with me...''

-Bruce Springsteen

Here's an interesting idea...

Some of the Georgia State Parks have what they call "Group Lodges" which can sleep 12-50 people depending on the park. (see link HERE)

Cloudland Canyon Park has one, and is in the North Georgia mountains close to Chattanooga, so it wouldn't be too terribly far away from the old Tim's Ford site. Their group lodge sleeps 40.

It includes a large open meeting room, full kitchen (with cooking utensils, fridge, and icemaker) male/female bathrooms, and four separate 10-bunk bedrooms.

The site lists the nightly price at $225/night, and that's for the whole lodge, not per person. That is dirt cheap (when split) to have an indoor place to hang out, party, and have private bathrooms. You do have to provide bed linens.

Here's the Cloudland Canyon main site: Cloudland Canyon We'd have to reserve several months in advance, but even if only 10 people wanted to sleep in the lodge, that works out to only $67.50 per person for all 3 nights total. There's also a campground for the die-hard tenters, of course.

Sounds fun to me, and no pesky park rangers coming up to eighty-six the alcohol. (unless we got REALLY rowdy...)

What do you think?

I'm soooooooooo there Zix!!! Chattanooga is only about 2 hours from me...

I'll bring the key limes! icon_wink.gif;)--> Look out Piggy Poo! icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

Love y'all,

-Colleen

GO VOLS!!

''...show a little faith, there's magic in the night, you ain't a beauty, but hey, you're alright, oh, and that's alright with me...''

-Bruce Springsteen

[in the June issue of Backpacker Magazine]

quote:
CLOUDLAND CANYON STATE PARK A TOP HIKING SPOT IN U.S.

July 2, 2003

The author wrote “A thousand-foot-deep gorge is the centerpiece of this park on the western edge of Lookout Mountain at the border of Georgia, Tennessee and Alabama. Sandstone rim rock and steep cliffs line the gorge above, while Sitton Gulch Creek gurgles below.” Other parks in the article include the Grand Canyon, Rocky Mountain National Park and Glacier National Park.

Hmmm.... icon_smile.gif:)-->

From a review on epinions.com:

quote:
Cloudland Canyon State Park

Dec 16 '00

Author's Product Rating 4 stars

Pros

beauty, fishing, camping, picture taking

Cons

n/a

Full Review

About 110 miles from Atlanta, Georgia sits Rising Fawn, a little known town with an exceptional Park. Plus its only 25 miles south of Chattanooga, which makes it readily accessible to Aquarium and Choo-Choo visitors. There are canyons in Georgia with higher waterfalls and much deeper ridges than Cloudland, but none match the beauty.

The park is over two thousand acres and incorporates Sitton Gulch Creek. There are twelve miles of trails, one of which is the five mile walking trail along the canyons edge. Hiking in Autumn gives a majestic view of the waterfall with the backdrop of colors in varying shades of red, orange, green, and gold.

Although there is no swimming in the falls allowed, they do have a swimming pool where you can take a dip for a couple of dollars. Next to that are the tennis courts that visitors can use for recreation. The courts are free to use.

There is camping in 75 tent and trailers, 16 loaded 2-3 bedroom cottages, and 30 primitive "back to nature" sites. The cabins do usually need up to an 11 month reservation prior to your trip due to the high visitor count in the fall months.

Gates lock at 10 p.m. and do not reopen until 7 a.m. Park Passes are only $2 per car and $13 per tent. $60-$85 however for the fully equipped cabins is charged. Little country stores are nearby but the closest supermarket you will find is in Trenton, and that is eight miles away. Keep this in mind when packing for your trip.

Recommended

Yes

Best time to go: September-November

Yet another hmmmm.... icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

The problem of course is....

Does anybody snore icon_eek.gif

I stayed up all night once to see if I snored icon_rolleyes.gif:rolleyes:-->

At the risk of being yelled at.... icon_redface.gif:o-->

At some point in time, do you think a "new thread" would be a good idea icon_rolleyes.gif:rolleyes:--> anim-smile.gif

Well, we could always designate one of the bedrooms the "snore room" and put all the offenders in there... Or those who know they're problem-snorers could go for the private cottages overlooking the canyon. Or there's the good ol' tent.

The more I read about this place on the net, the more I want to go check it out. They say it's beautiful in the spring and absolutely-not-to-be-missed in the autumn.

Hmmm...

Sudo/Paw: Look again. It says no alcohol in public-use areas. That's the picnic shelters, outdoor areas, etc. If you've rented a cottage or the lodge, though, that's your business until you leave. If you look at the map, the lodge is separated from the other camping/cottage areas, so even a moderate amount of noise probably wouldn't bother any other campers.

As for pets, well, is that such a total loss? Were there many at last year's gathering?

Zix,

You know it's going to be impossible to please everybody. If you want to go check it out, it wouldn't hurt. Especially if you were going to take the trip anyways.

We all want to let our hair down, I can tell you that, so seems we are going to HAVE to be able to drink. We had at least two doggies last time. maybe that one's negotiable, I don't know, because I didn't bring a dog.

sudo

Man O Man Paw!!!

Just previewed the movie icon_biggrin.gif:D--> icon_wink.gif;)--> icon_smile.gif:)-->

How cool it is indeed!

Can you say reality tee vee?? icon_eek.gif

This flick has it all

Benevolant Dictators who nap alot

Sex in a Bowl

Suicidal Deer (we need more Mel stories!!)

Lots of leg n boob shots (not the mention the van scene icon_wink.gif;)--> where ya got busted icon_eek.gif )

It's got plot it's got drama it's got car chases (oh wait that's Cathy chasing horsedog)

Hell it's even got purpose!

Fox might be interested in this (as would the psych ward).

Thanks Paw it wuz great!

This weenie was past excited to see this video.

It showed what the roast really was. A group of people that only knew each other from a screen (most of us), coming together for a little reality. But there were no arguements, no tricks (unless you count snipe hunting, which apparently one can't), there was no harm, no foul ( unless you count snipe's, which apparently one can't).

icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

Thank you paw, for the chance to see this production. It really was all that herb just stated. It really shows who we all were for that weekend. A bunch of ex-cult folks enjoying each other's company immensely and coming together in relaxion, fun and a kinship of healing and growth.

I saw, in you Paw, the tenderness to capture multifaceted personalities and voices, proving once again, that we are together in this thing, with differing viewpoints and ideas, but the same common ground of understanding.