GreaseSpot Cafe

Baseball (the talkin' sport)

Tom Strange

and that ladies and gentlemen is a playoff game at Fenway Park. :biglaugh:

I'm absolutely fracking speechless. I dont know what to say....This team just continues to amaze me.

:dance::dance::dance:

No need to say ANYTHING... at least until the end of game 6! :)

:)

I told you this is when it just starts to get good Geish :biglaugh:

Feeling better now??

:biglaugh:

Tampa has a long flight to sit and think about it and the Red Sox have an angry Josh Beckett wanting to redeem himself.

Can you imagine the thoughts that are going through the tampa bullpen as they fly home??

A sleeping giant has awakened

a dam near corpse has been raised from the dead

I like our chances...I like em a lot

Theyre in the groove to play it one single pitch at a time, ---just the way it works the best

Edited by mstar1

Yes, much better--HAPPY!! That was a bit tough on the vocal chords though! They were so thrilled--good to see them pumped--gave me back my hope!! LOL

I love it Mstar----not much in life is better than a SOX nailbiter!!

People say "it's just baseball". . . . yeah right.

Take that Aaron Boone!

I will be in Framingham tommorow--gotta find a good place to watch. . . . mingle with the crowd. . . should be fun.

I love it Mstar----not much in life is better than a SOX nailbiter!!

People say "it's just baseball". . . . yeah right.

I spent most of yesterday high fiving complete strangers, hugging waitresses, and talking sox with everyone from priests to plumbers....theres a palpable BUZZ on now everywhere I go

The giant has awoken

awakening-sculpture.jpg

We got us a game 6 today

Theres a bit of an eerie parallel

ALCS Game 6, 2004 -- We had our injured ace pitcher starting in an elimination game after getting shelled in his last start.

ALCS Game 6 2008 ---We have our injured ace pitcher starting in an elimination game after getting shelled in his last start.

Ive got the feeling we're gonna see the nasty, squint eyed, batter leering, whoop a$$ing redneck dont eff with me side of Josh Beckett tonight

josh-beckett5.jpg

Im pumped and Im ready

This ones for 'Nuf Ced' McGreevey

After the *snap* of the Yankees Game 7 win in 2003, it almost seems like The Sox have turned into Jason from Friday the 13th. You knock them down. Set them on Fire. Run them over. Say "There's no way that they survived that".

--NYYFans 10/16/08

Edited by mstar1

Yea i was a little bent out of shape to expect to see game 6 of the ALCS and see a sitcom---I havent been able to sleep and have been pacing all day---I wrote about 5 letters to TBS and one to Bud Selig right away....

Im all better now although on all sorts of pins and needles...every pitch seems to take a century....but Im feeling good about this game.....

Edited by mstar1

YES!!!!!

I can breathe again!

I was worried about all those LOB's, and thought I was going to throw up through the middle innings...

PHEWWW----I love this!!

I need some Dirty Water

dirty-water.jpg

What is better than a Game 7???

and Tom we won in 04 and 07

We got the odds and eves covered...

Damn I love baseball.....

Edited by mstar1

Well that was tense for me

I cant believe TBS interrupted the Steve Harvey Show :biglaugh:

Those Steve Harvey fans must be upset --seriously I would have hate to have owned a Sports Bar last night--Riots could have broken out......

I'd be curious what you guys on the outside are thinking , as you might be able to tell (smirk) Im a little too emotionally involved to have an objective viewpoint right about now, although Im starting to tone down alittle this morning.

I dont know why the Red Sox have to go to the brink of elimination when they make it to the ALCS, it puts every cell of my body and every nerve on hyper alert and the adrenaline flows so I could tear down a forest.

Im normally relatively mild mannered Clark Kent compared to what happens in October when as Terry Francona said the other night "Everything comes unglued"

This is thursday from a fans view--I played 1:47, over and over and over ---Euphoric crazy thankful blind love takes over.

Theres no way you can put that moment in a bottle or experience it anywhere else as far as I can tell...

I hope we're not being obnoxious to the rest of you, but to be on the inside boy o boy this is fun.....Its worth whatever you have to do to get to this place...

Edited by mstar1

I hope we're not being obnoxious to the rest of you, but to be on the inside boy o boy this is fun.....Its worth whatever you have to do to get to this place...

I just hope you're emotionally prepared for what now has to be the outside possibility that the Red Sox will lose. :)

Im involved in a walk for The Homeless today so I get to not think about it for a few hours, but to be honest after game 5- It has never entered my mind--not once, not a single time.....

The Rays had their chance -up by 7 with 7 outs to go.

We were out, down and dead. I congratulated the Rays on this thread. As far as Im concerned we are playing free baseball now on their dime and have nothing to lose.

The dead dont get raised everyday and not to no purpose

Ive seen what this team can do and Im feeling good

Jon Lesters been one of the best pitchers in baseball this year and the Rays are shook and very very nervous

I have full faith in Jon Lester--its his turn now

beckettgod5hb4.jpg

I just hope you're emotionally prepared for what now has to be the outside possibility that the Red Sox will lose. :)

Rocky,

I gotta tell you, we have years of experience in this area. Not only your everyday garden variety loss, but the "You gotta be kidding" "That did NOT just happen moments" "What the. . . . OMG" losses.

In fact, although hope kept us going--many--no no most of us believed in "The curse" and knew a Red Sox loss was not just an outside possibility. That "Moment" always came.

Then one year, as if by magic. . . they came back with a vengence. . . and we waited. . . . and waited. . . and the "moment" didn't come. It just didn't come. . . They Won.

But, we are the most prepared fans--maybe ever, for the loss. LOL :)

Just doggedly hopeful and faithful!!

You gotta admit--they take us on a serious rollercoaster ride. . . .I LOVE BASEBALL!!

Game 7:

Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more;

Or close the wall up with our English dead.

In peace there's nothing so becomes a man

As modest stillness and humility:

But when the blast of war blows in our ears,

Then imitate the action of the tiger;

Stiffen the sinews, summon up the blood,

Disguise fair nature with hard-favour'd rage;

Then lend the eye a terrible aspect;

Let pry through the portage of the head

Like the brass cannon; let the brow o'erwhelm it

As fearfully as doth a galled rock

O'erhang and jutty his confounded base,

Swill'd with the wild and wasteful ocean.

Now set the teeth and stretch the nostril wide,

Hold hard the breath and bend up every spirit

To his full height. On, on, you noblest English.

Whose blood is fet from fathers of war-proof!

Fathers that, like so many Alexanders,

Have in these parts from morn till even fought

And sheathed their swords for lack of argument:

Dishonour not your mothers; now attest

That those whom you call'd fathers did beget you.

Be copy now to men of grosser blood,

And teach them how to war. And you, good yeoman,

Whose limbs were made in England, show us here

The mettle of your pasture; let us swear

That you are worth your breeding; which I doubt not;

For there is none of you so mean and base,

That hath not noble lustre in your eyes.

I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,

Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:

Follow your spirit, and upon this charge

Cry 'God for Harry, England, and Saint George!'

Edited by mstar1

All year ive been saying "its early yet"

Its still too early in the season to sit

There's at least 6 outs left.

EDIT:Did that third strike to Drew look a foot outside to you?

every time I want a replay they never show one

Edited by mstar1