GreaseSpot Cafe

April Fools Day

Ham

Second only to Groundhog Day, I think one of my dad's favorite "holidays" was April the first. Seems he was always successful getting us to look out the window, looking for the supposed cow in the back yard, or similar fun nonsense.

I think I inherited this odd trait.

Even several years ago, April just happened to occur on Saturday. I somehow convinced the kids that it was time to pack up their stuff, and run as fast as they could before they missed the school bus.

I don't think they have forgiven me, to this day..

Any other "holiday" memories out there?

Well, my dad would have been 80 today, so I always remember April 1st as his birthday.

Somewhere in our early teens, my sis and I thought it would be funny to switch the salt and sugar (he always had coffee and eggs for breakfast). So even though we'd pulled the prank a number of times, he'd forget and we'd watch with delight as he'd either spit out the coffee or gag on the eggs!

icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

J.

My dad was funny about it, evil, but funny, heh heh. Once he "got us", no matter how ingenious we were, he'd see a prank coming from us a mile away and just laugh. By the next April the first, we had forgotten, and he got us again..

quote:
...I'm suprised Paw didn't try pulling something like that on us. Must just be a nice guy.

Actually, it would have been a riot if Pawtucket had changed all of this site's web addresses so they would have automatically re-directed everyone to the Way's website.

Something to keep in mind for next year. smile.gif:)-->

quote:
Originally posted by Steve!:

A few years ago, Pawtucket did an April Fool's joke - he made it look like this site had been hacked.

You wouldn't believe how much grief he got from posters over that!!

I think he might just be a bit gun-shy.

I at least waited til I met him to give him static over that.

I had spent over 2 hours playing "Profiler" and getting in the hacker's head.

I had even prowled cyberspace and had a prime suspect.

Glad I awaited further events before going after him.

And I was mildly amused when I told Paw off for it (mock told-him-off, of course.)

So, he knew I wasn't sore. smile.gif:)-->

If some way I could pull it off.. someday, I'd "rent" a cow somewhere and "station" it in my kid's back yard. Go over early AM april the first, "there's a cow in your back yard" "Nawwwww, we know better than that..." heh heh.