GreaseSpot Cafe

devil spirits

mell

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mell, as the other posters stated, pretty much any emotion, feeling, anyone had could be used against them. For example, if you were a bit sad, you had a spirit of depression, etc.

Yes, if people didn't like someone, all you had to do is say that person had a spirit and they were out.

TWI got so engrossed with discerning devil spirits, they started seeing them everywhere, in movies, books, statues, pictures - its pretty sick.

Basically, it comes down to, if you do not agree with your leadership or their opinions, well then, you must be possessed!

Its sad and pathetic.

quote:
quote:

I was shocked to see some of the dancing, especially the "sensual and alurring" group.

I loved it.

Oldies, now if they had the "production" in a different setting, like, dim lights, schnaps, lots of beer and in the company of naughty women folks, some of us may have loved it a little bit more, heh heh.

The Way came nowhere near comprehending the complexity of St. Paul's actual views on the topic of angelology and demonology.

Quite to the contrary, they focused all their energies upon the weakest, least powerful, least influential class of "demons", with the majority of them made-up at that! The Way was more medieval in their thinking than "first-century-church" here.

Perhaps a good example of discerning "spirits" at work in the Way- just look at the manner with which their leadership treated and abused people, along with all their accusations directed against many of "possession".Does this sound like Jesus, who healed people - or doesn't Way leadership sound more like the legalistic "scribes and pharisees" and all the legalists from Jerusalem Paul was battling throughout his epistles?

There are whole classes of angels to which the Way was entirely clueless and unaware, and they still are.The "unemployed angels of Judaism" defeated by Christ on the cross merely packed their bags and relocated to New Knoxville Ohio, and waltzed through their front door without so much a notice, and move into their new jobs. "Ah, just like the old days" they said,"We get to kick people around, and lay heavy burdens on the backs of these humans, make them perform stupid human tricks, and make them worship us." And even better yet,they were able to pull this off because "Christ" was (for the most part) "absent".

Danny

The Way saw devil spirits everywhere because it was a nice smoke and mirrors routine to keep your mind off how much time, energy, and money you were giving TWI with nothing to show in return.

Some people really got off on "Kicking devil spirit butt" but there was no way by which to measure success. It gave people something to do.

The concept of devil spirits gave leaders a psychological advantage over people. If someone could convince you that you had devil spirits then they could easily manipulate you then and in the future. Its like witch doctors in tribal societies going up to people saying "you aren't sick now but you will be unless you do what I say to avoid it". Same thing in TWI. They would approach you and say things like "well those albums you have could be tainted with devil spirits. you need to toss them, sign up for the advanced class, and ABS more regularly". Same thing as the witch doctor scam.

One of my all time low moments in TWI was when I saw two guys arguing over some bible verses. It escalated into a shouting match with both eventually claiming that the other was possessed. They screamed back and forth "No. You're the one who is possessed". And then they starting trying to cast out the spirits that each allegedly had. They were fully aware they had an audience and neither would back down since to do so would be a tacit admission of possession. I just got up and left them to the shouting.

At that point it hit home that the whole devil spirit thing was merely a tool of control in TWI.

Still. The way's teachings on devil spirits is a major source of influence for those still in and even those long out of TWI. You can encounter many former Way who still get the heebie-jeebies when this topic emerges or when they encounter some odd behavior they can't quickly characterize. And alot of this is just fear of the unknown or a simple lack of basic science education that was put on hold in favor of way teachings on various topics.

J@net Myr@cle and a couple of others told my ex that he was possessed with the homo spirit while at the same time confiscating his phone records because they didn't want him calling his ex-GIRLfriend back home. icon_confused.gif:confused:-->

THAT ALONE would make someone question their ability to discern spirits you'd think.... banghead.gif

mell, I will be home tonight and will type up as much as I can for you from the actual syllabus. There's two places where they talk about devil spirits - three actually - Advanced Class, Defeating the Adversary and an Advanced Class Special where craig talked about the different ranks and hiearchy of devil spirits.

quote:
Originally posted by GrouchoMarxJr:

The unemployed angels of Judaism?

...Is that anything like the unemployed minister of Toledo? banghead.gif

Unlike him, the "angels" remained at HQ.

Would they leave that cushy place to sweat at "Bally's"? I don't think so.

...then again, I have no idea as to the atmosphere of a certain Bally's in Toledo.

Does anyone here work out there?

icon_razz.gif:P-->

quote:
Just in case you were wondering, all you 'cop outs' who post here are possessed....according to what I hear in fellowship, anyway.

Gee. Live devil spirits. HEY YAH HEY YAH getcher LIVE devil spirits, that's right, folks, LIVE ON STAGE: REAL LIVE DEVIL SPIRITS!! We got 'em. ONLY on Greasespot cafe ladies and gentlemen. Don't fall for any second rate devil spirits, only Greasespot cafe has 'em LIVE!

Twi's teachings on devil spirits is nothing new...It allows them to bypass people's logic systems and control them easier. When people deny their own reasoning abilities in favor of mythology, they fall prey to the purveyors of this mythology. There's no way to prove them wrong! Some twit leader simply states that "Gawd told me there was a homo spirit" (or whatever)...and everybody simply accepts it as true...Kinda makes the "believer" vulnerable to the guy who's privy to the "crystal ball"...

In the middle ages, when folks were declared possessed, they would drill a hole into their skulls to allow the demons to escape...Twi's "spirituality" is akin to this type of thinking.

Belle-

OK thanks icon_smile.gif:)-->

I hope it's not a lot of typing?

I'll check back here over the weekend.

Taking some vacation time this month,

so I don't think I'll be on the computer much

until mid-July.

Thanks all of you for your feedback-

The original post where I read about a List of Devil Spirits was by Cool Waters February 6, 2004 in About the Way under thread Devil Spirits

Cool Waters - are you out there? Or around the 'cafe'? Did that article ever get written?

Mell

• 2 weeks later...