GreaseSpot Cafe

Eye For An Eye Dr's

quote:One afternoon he did talk to us about his eye. His reason for having to have the surgery was based on the lights during the filming of PFAL. He said he needed to have the surgery for some time. The docs wanted him to get it done. He shared how he wrestled with the decision for so long because - - and he didn’t say this, but it was implied - - of being the MOG- - and in the Old Testament, the High Priest couldn’t be sick or crippled in any way, supposedly. Something like that. So he felt like if he had the surgery done, it would effect God’s people (you can roll your eyes now). Anyway, he proceeded to tell us about finding a guy who made fake eyes. He was pretty honest with us about how his vulnerabilities and not wanting the eye to look fake and have people stare at him. He was concerned about the eye falling out, not being able to read, whether he would bump into things, etc. They finally found a guy who was world-renown for his craftsmanship. VP was very impressed with the guy and went on and on about how detailed and perfect this guy’s work was.>>>>> He even passed around one of his “spare” eyes for us to see and handle.

This post can be found on page 4 of the 'VP, cancer and Gartmore thread on page 2 of this forum.

quote:
Originally posted by johniam: He shared how he wrestled with the decision for so long because - - and he didn’t say this, but it was implied - - of being the MOG- - and in the Old Testament, the High Priest couldn’t be sick or crippled in any way, supposedly. Something like that. So he felt like if he had the surgery done, it would effect God’s people (you can roll your eyes now).

His frame of mind there speaks volumes!

For one, Wierwille harbored the mindset of a "MOG" or a "high priest" on the basis of the Old Testament, which effectively cancels out "the mystery of the Gospel" revealed to Paul, rendering Wierwille an ignorant puppet to the very angels responsible for crucifying Christ.

The so-called "holy angels of Yahweh" who forbade certain types of people attending their meetings - the crippled, the blind, the feeble, menstruating women and the like - all those rejected by Yahweh whom Christ, in contrast to that warped, savage, tribal deity, embraced.

Wierwille put on the "old" over the New.

He traded the mystery of the liberation in Christ wherein there is no fleshly divisions and distinctions, for the narrow tribal attitudes of a defeated archangel and his hosts.

Vp's "ministry" is a testament to this, and an "old" one at that. It's a shame.

Danny

quote:
Originally posted by TheInvisibleDan:

His frame of mind there speaks volumes!

For one, Wierwille harbored the mindset of a "MOG" or a "high priest" on the basis of the Old Testament, which effectively cancels out "the mystery of the Gospel" revealed to Paul, rendering Wierwille an ignorant puppet to the very angels responsible for crucifying Christ.

The so-called "holy angels of Yahweh" who forbade certain types of people attending their meetings - the crippled, the blind, the feeble, menstruating women and the like - all those rejected by Yahweh whom Christ, in contrast to that warped, savage, tribal deity, embraced.

Wierwille put on the "old" over the New.

He traded the mystery of the liberation in Christ wherein there is no fleshly divisions and distinctions, for the narrow tribal attitudes of a defeated archangel and his hosts.

Vp's "ministry" is a testament to this, and an "old" one at that. It's a shame.

Danny

This is the best, and the most concise, accurate evaluation (and/or) commentary of docvic that I have ever heard.

Thank you, Danny. icon_smile.gif:)-->

David

quote:
Originally posted by lindyhopper:

Whoa! Danny droppin' some Marcionian knowledge. icon_smile.gif:)-->

(lol) yeah that, but I also construe this on a very personal level. If a deity who doesn't think physically challenged handicapped folk are worthy or sacred enough of being in his presence,- time to take another trip to the God-Store, and shop around a little bit.

And now for some very good news: I just found out today that my new insurance company covers the cost of artificial limbs 70-100 percent.

I'm tradin' in my old hockey stick for one some those new fangled cyborg deals with lasers.

It's gonna be freakin great...

Danny

quote:
Originally posted by dmiller:
Originally posted by TheInvisibleDan:

This is the best, and the most concise, accurate evaluation (and/or) commentary of docvic that I have ever heard.

Thank you, Danny. icon_smile.gif:)-->

David

You're much too kind, David.

I thought I being a shade too blunt in my expression.

But Johniam's recollections were quite

an eye-opener.

(lol).

wink2.gif;)-->

I was at The Way College of Emporia in-residence with the 13th Corps when he did the thing described with the eye ... same explanation.

As regards Yahweh/Jehovah: a better translation might be "the constant, yet ever-unfolding Redeemer." I AM THAT I AM was hardly a tribal deity.

tf

Dan...

Your first post up there...

Dude! Now there's a lesson in effective writing. LOL!

"If a deity who doesn't think physically challenged handicapped folk are worthy or sacred enough of being in his presence,- time to take another trip to the God-Store, and shop around a little bit."

Oh yeah! I love the God-Store! icon_biggrin.gif:D--> wink2.gif;)--> angelkit.gificon_rolleyes.gif:rolleyes:--> wave.gif:wave:-->

quote:
As regards Yahweh/Jehovah: a better translation might be "the constant, yet ever-unfolding Redeemer." I AM THAT I AM was hardly a tribal deity.

Did Yahweh change his mind about menstrating women? They're ok with him now?

...Had Wierwille actually put in practice what he taught concerning "the mystery"...he could not have been the mog and his waytree hierarcy would have been kaputz...that's why he followed the old testament model...

I guess when he got his false teeth, it didn't bother him as much...an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth?

sung to the tune of Cat Steven's "Moonshadow":

...and if I ever lose my eye, the ABS might all run dry, and if I ever lose my eye, yea yea yea yea yea, yea yea yea yea...I won't be the mog no moooooore. banghead.gif

quote:
quote:One afternoon he did talk to us about his eye. His reason for having to have the surgery was based on the lights during the filming of PFAL. He said he needed to have the surgery for some time. The docs wanted him to get it done. He shared how he wrestled with the decision for so long because - - and he didn’t say this, but it was implied - - of being the MOG- - and in the Old Testament, the High Priest couldn’t be sick or crippled in any way, supposedly. Something like that.

Did he forget the administrations he himself taught? Kinda big for his britches, wasn't he? So much for all of us being of one body and CHRIST as the head.

It's so funny to me now how TWI ignores administrations when it's convenient for them. Vee pee's ego screams loud and clear in this incident. Gee, and some people wonder where craiggers got that from....

quote:
Originally posted by MATILDA:

but of course, it depends...

religion is always poised for serenity...

...after all, it is a new admenustration...

You know, I could take this and run with it...BUT...I would just get in trouble so I should behave myself. icon_smile.gif:)-->

duh-huh...dya think?

the duncery of mankind (collective noun) often bemuses me...uncleanness? ha! then all the menfolk would have been banned any BBQ nite.

Old Testament, New Testament...not mutually exculsive...it's a co-textual absorption that tamps peace in place...

...even a one-eyed jack could see that.

quote:
(lol) yeah that, but I also construe this on a very personal level. If a deity who doesn't think physically challenged handicapped folk are worthy or sacred enough of being in his presence,- time to take another trip to the God-Store, and shop around a little bit.

I use to have a coffee cup that listed the Way Corps mission or standard or sumthink like that~~~ ahhh the Way Corps Prince of Pals~~~ can any one of good memory list these type of things besides the five gift ministries???~~~