GreaseSpot Cafe

Tom Cruise v. Brooke Shields

Raf

I don't give a hoot about celebrities in general, or Tom Cruise in particular, but I am curious about one thing.

quote:
Originally posted by Raf:

Shields responded gracefully, offering to allow Cruise and his galpal Katie Holmes to see her perform live as Roxie Hart in "Chicago."

quote:
If he wants to see Chicago, I've left him two tickets - one adult, one child.
Who is the adult ticket for?

Or, for the grammar police, for whom is the adult ticket?

quote:
Originally posted by johniam:

So you guys are going to boycott all the movies he's done, like Top Gun, A Few good men, Cocktail, Risky business, etc. just because you don't agree with his religious beliefs?

You betcha!!!!!

Its not because of his religous beliefs dear johniam. I don't think your quite getting it..... banghead.gif

I just saw some clips of the interview... whew!! Cruise WAS harsh. And, no, I don't remember ever treating anyone with such contempt... not to their face.

But we were certainly taught to think that way about other groups and their beliefs... we were taught to disdain other churches, psychiatry, even (at times) seeking medical help when needed. And we were taught that OUR research and OUR sources of information were so much more superior than anyone else's.

You can pick at my words if you want, but I'm still amazed at the feeding frenzy on this thread. The guy is in a cult. He adamantly believes what he's been lead to believe. Step-by-step... JUST the way we were in twi.

He already had a healthy dose of ego going for him... add fame and fortune at a fairly early age... mix in the whole cult thing and you see before you a class-1-A butt-H*le, ala Craiggers.

I still feel sorry for him.

I really liked Brooke's reply.

My God, he is worried about her CAREER- what an idiot.

Last I understood, she acquired a not too shabby college degree. What about Cruise? I guess he went out and got a scientology degree or something..

When I first read the title of the thread, I thought it might be something like Brooke in one corner, Cruise in the other, some kind of boxing match.

Cruise would probably hit the canvas a half a second after the bell rung.

While reading an article on Cruise and his antics, saw this paragraph and laughed out loud:

"Tom and Katie got engaged on Friday and, once again, the media somehow found out about it," late-night comedian Jimmy Kimmel said on his show last week. "If we promise to go see 'War of the Worlds,' will you please make this stop?"

amen and amen icon_rolleyes.gif:rolleyes:-->

I personally think he ruined Mission Impossible, I like Barreymore, but MI was as bad as Charlie's Angels...

At least Travolta doesn't Barf Scientology everywhere he goes as being better than everything else....

Onion...thats like saying, maybe if we stop talking about Rosie, she won't be an idiot...

Sickness and mental illness will eventually reveal themselves...in some form or 'nuther.

Looks like it may be Cruise's time.

He's just cracking, and we're seeing it firsthand.

What he's doing isn't unusual, it's just never so public.

btw...I saw a tabloid this morning at the store and Kate looks EXACTLY like Tom...

...perhaps a little narcissism to boot?...

icon_eek.gif

Tom Cruise is in a cult.

We were in a cult (some of us, maybe, still are.)

I agree with TheHighWay.

During my over twenty years of cult participation I heard and saw very similar if not almost exact behavior.

I heard staunch defense of the Holocaust myth, while discounting any conflicting evidence to the contrary. We had studied the Holocaust (Myth of the Six Million, the Thirteenth Tribe), hell, we were self appointed experts.

I heard harsh criticism of the Catholic Church by people who had “studied” Babylon Mystery Religion. They new the truth of Catholism cause they had studied the history of Catholism. Catholism is a pseudo…oops, I mean a pagan religion.

Anyone know someone who got pregnant while on that sure-fire birth control, called the mucus method. And even after they got pregnant they wouldn’t admit that the method was faulty. It was either their believing or they were not disciplined enough in its application.

Folks, it’s called cult mentality.

LooKout