GreaseSpot Cafe

Leaded Coffee

CoolWaters

It's a drug!!!!

We hadn't used leaded coffee in years...but the unleaded wasn't on sale this week...

And OMG!!!! I haven't slept more than 4 hours a night since last Friday...and mostly I catnap while another pot of Joe is brewing. I'm multi-tasking like nobody's business. My house is more organized than when I was a total control freak about it. I've lost my interest in most foods. Nearly 3 chapters of my book-I'm-writing-but-never-really-do have been finished this week. And look at the posts I've tallied up this week! Whoa!

Wonder how my BP is doing...

My first cup in the morning is at about 4:00 A.M.

I am actually trying to cut down to about a half a pot a day...

My day starts off with having my first cup on my recliner. My cat (Callie) soon joins me on my lap. At this point I think to myself, "life is good".

I think I've been drinking caffine in my coffee for too long, I can finish off a pot at night, then go off to sleep for 8 hours without waking up once. icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

Having my second cup of the day and its 7:30 am wink2.gif;)-->

gc

Man, if they ever make coffee an illegal drug, unlawful to own or sell, .......

I'd be the biggest pusher this side of the Mississippi. icon_eek.gif

"Psssstt! Hey kid! C'mere. ... Want some Folger's man? Got some really good *stuff* here, man. Straight from Columbia!" icon_cool.gif

I learned to drink coffee 35 years ago when I worked for an Architectural Firm.Being the new draftsman in the office it was my job to make sure the coffee pot was always full for the staff and clients. Each time I would check it I would drink a cup, I probably drank 20 or more cups a day.

One day the chief architect asked me what was wrong with my eyes, they seemed a little yellow.I told him I was having a hard time sleeping and my nerves were about shot and I didn't know why. Finnally I collapsed in the office and was rushed to the hospital. I had caffine posioning. It effected my blood and to this day it still shows up in blood tests. Somehow it messed up my white blood cell production and sent it into overdrive.

I now have one cup a day in the morning. Caffein is a drug just like nicotien and cocain, don't fool yourself.

quote:
Originally posted by johniam:

Reminds me of that SNL show when they showed people in the hospital with coffee in their IVs and the narrator says, "Folgers coffee: thick enough; rich enough to replace human blood!"

I have heard that some hospitals do have IV with caffein. This is to prevent caffeen withdrawl symptoms from people who intake alot of caffein (coffee, soda, energy drinks etc...).

quote:
Originally posted by Pirate1974:

Decaf coffee is like non-alcohol beer.

Why bother?

For the taste! When we first went to unleaded we were still smokers...and the coffee/cigarette taste combination is a must in the morning for us.

Then we quit smoking for a few years...and pretty much quit coffee...but we started smoking again last year so we went right back to coffee, too.

I guess I'm a real lightweight next to y'all...I'm still on my first cup from 4:30 this morning. Of course, it's a huge cup...nearly the size of a soup cup...hehehe.

Ugh, OE! I know exactly what you're talking about! Mine wasn't that bad, but I was puking black stuff (blood?) after a few all nighters in a row while in college. I was mixing Tab, Coffee, Tea and No Doz for variety. OD'd on the stuff.

Now I fix three cups of coffee in the morning, but really only drink two. The third is like a security blanket, I guess. I always take a cup with me in the car on the way to work, but rarely if ever drink more than a couple of sips of it. Anything more than that and I'll get sick.

Now, if I could just get chocolate to have the same effect...

Belle -

Ever try chocolate covered coffee beans?

I love those things! I used to keep a little jar of them on my desk at work. One day, a co-worker who couldn't tell them from chocolate covered peanuts, devoured a handful - she was a spaz for the rest of the day and night! LOL!