GreaseSpot Cafe

Mrs. Weirwille's funeral

gladtobeout

We just got back a little while ago from her funeral. It was very lovely and a real blessing for all. It was like a family reunion and a time to share stories of how Mrs. Wierwille touched our lives.

My family drove by HQ. My kids had never been there before. We were followed by security, quite funny icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

There was a visitor at the funeral that was a shock for everyone to see. Everyone that I could tell responded with Christ-like behavior.

The family did a great job to give God glory and share sweet memories of their mom.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ala... my thoughts exactly.

I wanted very much to attend but had prior commitments I couldn't break. I'm so glad it was a gracious and wonderful memorial.

And maybe I'm off base here, maybe the Wierwille children were fine with it, but I am personally furious that the b*****d showed up at the family's memorial. I'm sorry that in their time of putting a public face on their private mourning and grief, they had the further stress of knowing this man was there...

I am positively sick to my stomach.

And I cannot help but wonder if he showed up at this memorial because he will not be welcome to show up at twi's memorial?

I don't doubt that craig had feelings for Mrs. W... she was often his surrogate mother in way-world. But any decent person, having done all the things he did, would have mourned in private, contacted the family in private, and kept his distance out of respect for all of those he had harmed... especially this woman and her family.

To me, it is just another indication that he really has not changed.

quote:
But any decent person, having done all the things he did, would have mourned in private, contacted the family in private, and kept his distance out of respect for all of those he had harmed... especially this woman and her family.

I'm certainly no LCM fan... I had enough run ins with the bast*rd to last several lifetimes, BUT

I think ya'll would be having the same conversation about him if he did not show up...

Why sully the moment....? Can't this be about Mrs. W? She represented something good about TWI and just the mention of her ususally softens the most bitter of hearts....

LCM,

I'm going to go against the grain for the most part in this particular forum and say it took balls. I know she would have been touched by it. And so do you. After all who knows better than you that you're darned if you do and you're darned if you don't. You did it for her! I get it Craig and thank you for that!

Kathy

Hi Bob:

There were still a lot of good people in TWI and Mrs. Wierwille was definitely one of them. Personal experience.

I'm glad everyone acted with respect at her funeral when LCM was there. Regardless of how we felt about this guy, I do believe he wanted to see her one last time. It probably broke him up about her passing away.

But those that said he shouldn't have shown up are probably right. Even though there were those that treated LCM with respect this day, it no doubt made them uncomfortable. He would have done better to send respects in writing to the family and left them all alone. His policies were the reason the Wierwille's went through hell in her last days trying to make her comfortable.

quote:
I'm certainly no LCM fan... I had enough run ins with the bast*rd to last several lifetimes, BUT

I think ya'll would be having the same conversation about him if he did not show up...

I agree with Karmic. He's damned if he does, and damned if he doesn't.

Perhaps there is one shred of humanity left, and maybe that was in evidence. IMO it would take a lot of guts to show up, and take the name-calling that would certainly follow.

I wasn't there, so I don't know.

David

quote:
Originally posted by Eagle:

Hi Bob:

There were still a lot of good people in TWI and Mrs. Wierwille was definitely one of them. Personal experience.

I'm glad everyone acted with respect at her funeral when LCM was there. Regardless of how we felt about this guy, I do believe he wanted to see her one last time. It probably broke him up about her passing away.

But those that said he shouldn't have shown up are probably right. Even though there were those that treated LCM with respect this day, it no doubt made them uncomfortable. He would have done better to send respects in writing to the family and left them all alone. His policies were the reason the Wierwille's went through hell in her last days trying to make her comfortable.

Eagle,

I have to agree with your reason for his not having attended. But I also believe she would have been touched. And right now because I need it and because I don't want to remain silent I'm going to say again that it took balls because he did it for her. And that is how I feel regardless of anything else I have ever felt towards the man.

As for the extra pain it could have caused for the Wierwille's. They are strong people who have gone through a great deal more for a very very long time.

By the way Eagle, you've said some lovely things lately I've noticed.

I believe nobody here would ever accuse me of being lcm's

supporter, defender, or sympathetic to him.

I also believe that whether he showed up or not, people would

complain-thus, there was no "right" answer for him.

It sounds to me like there was a time for people who knew her

to arrive and pay their respects. He knew her, and arrived,

and paid his respects.

It sounds to me like what did NOT happen was him making a scene

or insisting it was about him. So, I see no reason to make it

about him. Did he show up? That's interesting. I see no

reason for it to be more than a footnote to the event.

The memorial sevice was done decent and in order filled with a lot of tender love

All the children and spouse's had their time to share what was on their hearts about this most wonderful mother.

The children had it thought through and decided to give anyone the floor that would like to share.

Of course I was one of the first to do so. And Kathy I spoke of the time you Cliff and I went to see her over a year ago. I closed out by singing a chorus of one of Dotsie's favorite songs I do, Ready To Go. I am so thankful I got to share and be a part of saying farewell to my dearly beloved friend and sister in Christ

Also I got to see and shake hands with many of the old gang from long ago. Some of them I will never see again in my lifetime. Rhoda was there and it was so great to see and talk with her one more time

There was a plentful tasty meal served after and needless to say I piged out.

As to who was there.The children had this service at a location where ANYONE AND EVERYONE who so desired to come would be and was more than welcome Regardless of who you were where you had been or what you had done To me it was an example of God's Amazing Grace.

God Bless You All

Ted

As far as LCM attending goes, I thought funerals were for the living, to support the grieving family, and to grieve one's self. TWI certainly teaches this, that the dead are not alive. In the Corps, one of the best seminars we ever took was one from a (non-TWI) funeral director to explain this.

Who was Craig there for? Not for Mrs. W, she is gone. Not for the family, surely, unless he has so deceived himself that he thought they would be comforted by his presence. And not for most of the TWI and non-TWI attendees, for he was dethroned from TWI, making him anathema to them, and was exposed as an abuser to the ex-Way community, making him anathema to the rest.

I admire the family and those in attendance for showing great mercy and restraint. But he was not there for them, unless he deluded himself into thinking that his presence would comfort. He was there for himself, and his motives are known only to himself and the God he should fear.

Regards,

Shaz

PS to Ted -- It must have been wonderful to have you there. It sounds like you added something very beautiful and personal to the memorial. Truly a class act.

quote:
As to who was there.The children had this service at a location where ANYONE AND EVERYONE who so desired to come would be and was more than welcome Regardless of who you were where you had been or what you had done To me it was an example of God's Amazing Grace.

Sounds like her children share the values of their mother and took the high road. God's love transcends all.

[He was there for himself, and his motives are known only to himself and the God he should fear.]

I briefly knew LCM in the early days of TWI. I was lucky to be away from all the uglies. It's very possible that because he's no longer at the helm and is away from the day to day life of that hellish place, he can be more his own person. For the first time since his college days, he is working a real job and spending time with others who truly have a LIFE outside of a cult. It's got to have given him a different perspective...maybe even a time to heal himself somewhat.

For LCM, this may have been a time to mourn her publicly and maybe to reflect sorrowfully on his part in everything. I agree that he would be damned either way.

And knowing Mrs Wierwille, she would be the one gracious person to always say to anyone who genuinely sorrowed, "Welcome Home".