GreaseSpot Cafe

Strange people vic wier went to for info

nandon

Has anyone done any research regarding Albert Cliffe?  Is the reference there because of examples being used from Cliiffe illustrating dark practices or did vpee use him for a christian doctrine source?

He wrote "Let Go and Let God". Actually if VPW had paid more attention to the entire book and not just the parts that furthered his own agenda, we all might have had a different experience.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Remember how wierwille claimed that Arthur Ford channeled a "familiar spirit" known as "Fletcher", thus proving the reality of devil spirits?

Here's a paragraph from an article on Ford.

Ford's Hidden Archives

After Arthur Ford's death, Ford's close friend and supporter William V. Rauscher and author Allen Spraggrett discovered Ford's collection of obituaries, newspaper clippings, Who's Who articles, etc. that Ford had hidden away. They were disguised as bound poetry books. Ford read his poetry before giving a reading. There was enough information to indicate that much of the famous Pike messages and others were fraudulent. There were many other things that Ford ordered his secretary to burn that are lost. Ford and his secretary parted company due to a falling out. Ford's secretary claimed Ford had no psychic abilities. The book Arthur Ford: The Man Who Talked with the Dead by Allen Spraggett with William V. Rauscher, New American Library, Inc.,1973 gives the whole story and is the primary source used in Alcock's book.

Source:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arthur_Ford

Wierwille wasn't fundamentally all that different from the fraudulent psychic mediums and mentalists of his day. Except, instead of claiming to be channeling the spirit of dearly departed Aunt Mildred, he claimed to be channeling the spirit of God Almighty, himself. God, after all, tends to lend a bit more credibility than dear Aunt Mildred.

• 2 weeks later...
Wierwille wasn't fundamentally all that different from the fraudulent psychic mediums and mentalists of his day. Except, instead of claiming to be channeling the spirit of dearly departed Aunt Mildred, he claimed to be channeling the spirit of God Almighty, himself. God, after all, tends to lend a bit more credibility than dear Aunt Mildred.

Serious? He never ever ever claimed that. That is a fabrication. In fact his view of the holy spirit was quite the opposite of how most Pentecostals view it as channeling. He argued against the mainstream because no body gets possessed by the holy spirit. He side with leonard in that the manifestations of holy spirit are "God given abilities.." Plain and simple. Dude! Where do get this stuff or do just make it up?

Serious? He never ever ever claimed that. That is a fabrication. In fact his view of the holy spirit was quite the opposite of how most Pentecostals view it as channeling. He argued against the mainstream because no body gets possessed by the holy spirit. He side with leonard in that the manifestations of holy spirit are "God given abilities.." Plain and simple. Dude! Where do get this stuff or do just make it up?

who is the mainstream?

QUOTE (waysider @ Feb 6 2009, 08:45 AM) *

Frame57 replied:

The Way---Living in Love

page 178

"I was praying. And I told Father outright that He could have the whole thing, unless there were genuine answers that I would never have to back up on.

"And that's when He spoke to me audibly, just like I'm talking to you now. He said He would teach me the Word as it had not been known since the first century if I would teach it to others.

"Well, I nearly flew off my chair. I couldn't believe that God would talk to me." He shakes his head slowly smilng. "It's just too fantastic. People won't believe it. But He spoke to me just as plainly as I'm talking now to you."

You introduced the "possessed" element. It was not in my original quote.

(I didn't compare him to The Pentecostals, either.)

Edited by waysider

I still vote with "channeling" like as in with Arthur Ford and others..

to me it looks like the same activity.. just different terminology. Same scam.

of course he would ARGUE that it was very different..

I've read advertisements which promise "results"- from a "unique" way to study witchcraft, the kaballah, spiritualism.. and if one substituted the words "bible", "pfal".. they read almost identically..

the specific beliefs apparently have no correlation in regards to the "results"..

"Well, I nearly flew off my chair. I couldn't believe that God Aunt Mildred would talk to me." He shakes his head slowly smiling. "It's just too fantastic. People won't believe it. But He Aunt Mildred spoke to me just as plainly as I'm talking now to you."

• 1 year later...

im too young to recall names,

but didn't vpw go to some strange people for information, or study..

didn't he invite a "seed" people to visit with the corpse?

im just curious.

do any of you know of any strange or unusual people that vpw went to for learning purposes?

BUMP

Edited by waysider

I remember hearing Craig talk about how Wierwille used to invite some Doctor from Chicago to lecture the corps. I seem to remember the name Dr. Pete Barnett. Wierwille had some sort of revelation that this man was seed of the serpent and he would bring him around as some learning tool for the way corps. Anyone around for this?...or remember this?

Please correct details as needed.