GreaseSpot Cafe

Details on some of the changes to the forum

Bob

I've been retrieving people's avatars from the old site and Private Messaging them to the requestor as I've seen requests for them appear.

I've sent everyone on this thread their old avatar that has mentioned it.

If you would like your old avatar, please private message me and I'll fetch it for you (just hit the PM button on this post below my Profile info).

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Raf was looking for his old avatar, the guy with the white hat....

I hate to be a noodge,

but when all the vital stuff has been addressed,

can someone recalibrate the dingus that adds the little blue boxes under a name?

Apparently, they indicate # of posts.

Excathedra's posts now distort and are hard to read-

she's got so many boxes that it shoves her posts into a corner.

Excathedra's posts now distort and are hard to read-

she's got so many boxes that it shoves her posts into a corner.

Thank you for pointing that out. Apparently, it only happens in IE. Firefox wraps the boxes so the formating error doesn't show (which is why Paw or I didn't notice it).

I scaled back the boxes. I've also sent a note to Paw to re-examine the member rankings (the number of boxes are based on the number of posts you have).

OMG! I have an inbox!

I know, I know it's always been, but I thot previously it was named something else.

Anyway, somebody PM me! More specifically the proper etiquette (sp?) of PM.

Well, if somebody PM'd you, shouldn't you keep it P? Otherwise, doesn't etiquitte say that you are supposed to share the entire message with the whole group? ;)

ok dokey-not sure if it's my computer or this site

but my curser is changed to highlighting text in most of the sites

it will change back to the pointer when placed exactly on a link

could just be me....

hold the phone!

it's doing it on other sites too-sorry

yep it was my pointer-sorry!!!!

hey i can't delete posts!

kind of good though i guess-lol

:)

Edited by CM

Any chance of setting the default font size the same as the old GScafe size? My tired old eyes are having a hard time with this new tiny font....

You can change the size of the displayed font within your browser. Just click on the browser's View menu item, and select Text Size.

Works in IE and Firefox. If your using something else, then you'll have hunt around in its menus.

How do you add music to a thread that you can hear without having to post a link?

Cowgirl

Also is there anyway I can delete a post, I posted over in the "mandolin, banjo, etc." thread and it's kind of just sitting there, how can I get rid of the whole post?

Thanks

Edited by Cowgirl

Cowgirl, I don't want to be a wet blanket, but I would hope that if you post some music to a thread you only let it run for a little while. I find it hard to concentrate on a thread when somebody posts music to it that I can't turn off after a short time.

I still love you though!

My Dear Wonderful Pawtuckett-Sir!

I appreciate every stinkin' finger-lickin' good thing you do for us. You house us in a wonderfully refurbished cafe that is fit for the good folks that we are. You encourage us to all get along. You've acquired some extra GreaseTechs to help share the load of the physical work.

You let us do almost anything we want: corps guys and gals have their own area to play in if they want, we can play music games, celebrate the lives of loved ones who have fallen asleep, play silly picture games and debate political points full on or decaf. We can share pictures, get advice on computer stuff and even chew the fat on the open forum, or in the chat room, and we get to tell the world (or anybody who wants to know and can read) all about what we know about that evil organization - - Speaking Of Which - - that is the whole reason for starting this place in the first place.

We all don't agree on a lot of stuff here, Sir, but we do agree on that - and so do you. On that issue we all stand together. You and us, we all post here but you never let us help you pay some of the bills.

It's not that we don't want you around and so we wanna pay the bills. It's not that we wanna change something, and so if we pay something we think we have rights. It's just that we all want to stand together shoulder to shoulder in everything with you, and that includes money. We don't want to pay you. There is no salary anybody in his right mind would accept for the job you have willingly taken on for us year after year. We just want to contribute a little financially once in a while.

If it would make you feel better, set up something with PayPal and only allow small donations. It's not so much about the money, it's about standing together in this thing. Will you please think about it before you deliver a carte blanche "NO" answer? Please?

Edited by GreasyTech

Well, we've established that your hearing could stand improvement.

Krys posted

It's not that we don't want you around and so we wanna pay the bills. It's not that we wanna change

something, and so if we pay something we think we have rights.

That means Krys said it's NOT that she would feel like payment would place Paw under any sort of

obligation, or that she didn't want him around.

You replied

"..and so if we pay something we think we have rights."

Sounds like a bribe to me...

Uh, no duh.

Krys specifically said she DIDN'T want it to be like that, she DIDN'T want it to be like a bribe.

You picked out part of a sentence and took it out of its context to say the opposite of what it did.

If you only have PART of the word of krysilis, you do NOT have the word of krysilis.

krysilis explained herself right in the verse, AND in the context.

Remember, OM believes there's no such thing as unconditional love or unconditional giving. Because he can't love and because he only cares about himself, it's beyond his ability to comprehend that some of us might want to give to Paw just out of the sheer goodness of our hearts. :rolleyes:

You can change the size of the displayed font within your browser. Just click on the browser's View menu item, and select Text Size.

Works in IE and Firefox. If your using something else, then you'll have hunt around in its menus.

Text size seems to be unaffected by this proceedure with my MS IE browser.

It works for other sites and the old GSC, but not this one.

I voted "too small" on the font size thread.

I'm thrilled to see all the innovations, and certaily don't want to be any kind of party pooper.

I can live with the text size. For long posts I can always paste into my Word Processor and increase text size at will.

For future innovations I'd suggest incorporating a text COLOR CHANGE for items (thread names, poster names, page numbers) that have been recently clicked.

The old GSC enjoyed this feature and it made scanning an entire forum's table of contents page a breeze.

Well, OM, you have to admit that the comment is not too far off from the other ...... eh ..... comments you generally make around here. :wacko:

Text size seems to be unaffected by this proceedure with my MS IE browser.

It works for other sites and the old GSC, but not this one.

I voted "too small" on the font size thread.

I'm thrilled to see all the innovations, and certaily don't want to be any kind of party pooper.

I can live with the text size. For long posts I can always paste into my Word Processor and increase text size at will.

For future innovations I'd suggest incorporating a text COLOR CHANGE for items (thread names, poster names, page numbers) that have been recently clicked.

The old GSC enjoyed this feature and it made scanning an entire forum's table of contents page a breeze.

The site has this feature, Mike. Information on it's on one of these two top threads.

Edited by Belle