GreaseSpot Cafe

The BIG Annoucment!

Belle

Love the theme. :lol:

Sounds like one we would make up here just to make fun of it. But it's really the theme?

It's like they've become a parody of themselves.

Hey, TWI, you need a Thesaurus to find some other words besides "prevail."

Here ya go!!!

Synonyms: abound, be common, be current, be prevalent, be usual, be victorious, be widespread, beat, best, carry, command, conquer, dominate, domineer, exist generally, gain, get fat, get there, go places, luck in, luck out, make it, make out, master, move out, obtain, overcome, overrule, predominate, preponderate, prove, reign, sail through, strike oil, succeed, take off, triumph, win

(source: Thesaurus.com)

Edited by outandabout

OK, Since this theme is so utterly uninspiring, I have now endeavored to run some of the words through the Thesaurus:

T H E D E C A D E O F P R E V A I L I N G

The Promised Land of the Prevailing Word

Biblical Solutions For Daily Living

Main Entry: DECADEPart of Speech: noun 2

Definition: duration

Synonyms: being, career, century, continuance, course, cycle, days, DECADE, endurance, epoch, era, existence, expectancy, extent, generation, history, length, life span, lifetime, longevity, orbit, period, pilgrimage, record, season, span, survival, time

Source: Roget's New Millennium™ Thesaurus, First Edition (v 1.1.1)Copyright © 2005 by Lexico Publishing Group, LLC. All rights reserved.

Main Entry: PREVAILING

Part of Speech: adjective

Definition: dominant

Synonyms: all-embracing, catholic, chicken, common, comprehensive, current, customary, ecumenical, established, familiar, fashionable, general, in style, in vogue, influential, main, operative, ordinary, popular, predominant, predominating, preponderating, prevalent, principal, rampant, regnant, regular, rife, ruling, set, SOS, steady, sweeping, universal, usual, widespread, worldwide

Main Entry: SOLUTION

Part of Speech: noun 1

Definition: answer

Synonyms: band-aid, clarification, elucidation, explanation, explication, key, pay dirt, quick fix, reSOLUTION, result, solving, the call, the nod, the ticket, unfolding, unraveling, unravelment

Antonyms: quandary, question

Source: Roget's New Millennium™ Thesaurus, First Edition (v 1.1.1)Copyright © 2005 by Lexico Publishing Group, LLC. All rights reserved.

Main Entry: DAILY

Definition: every day

Synonyms: circadian, common, commonplace, constantly, cyclic, day-to-day, diurnal, everyday, often, once DAILY, ordinary, per idem, periodic, quotidian, regular, regularly, routine

Antonyms: intermittent, nightly, periodic, sporadic

Main Entry: LIVING

Definition: existing

Synonyms: active, alert, alive, animated, around, awake, breathing, brisk, contemporary, continuing, current, developing, dynamic, existent, extant, in use, live, lively, ongoing, operative, persisting, strong, subsisting, ticking, vigorous, vital, warm

Antonyms: dead, inanimate

Now we can freely choose other words to remake the theme.

Here's mine:

THE ORBIT OF ORDINARY

BIBLICAL BAND-AIDS FOR CARCADIAN TICKING

Pretty catchy, huh?

Edited by outandabout

I forgot the Promised Land of the Prevailing Word part:

Here are the synonyms:

Main Entry: Promised Land

Part of Speech: noun

Definition: land of promise

Synonyms: Abraham's bosom, Canaan, City of God, Goshen, heaven, Kingdom of God, Kingdom of Heaven, land of milk and honey, land of plenty, Land of the Leal, New Jerusalem, upstairs

Main Entry: prevailing

Definition: dominant

Synonyms: all-embracing, catholic, chicken, common, comprehensive, current, customary, ecumenical, established, familiar, fashionable, general, in style, in vogue, influential, main, operative, ordinary, popular, predominant, predominating, preponderating, prevalent, principal, rampant, regnant, regular, rife, ruling, set, SOS, steady, sweeping, universal, usual, widespread, worldwide

Main Entry: word

Part of Speech: noun 1

Definition: discussion

Synonyms: chat, chitchat, colloquy, confab, confabulation, consultation, conversation, discussion, talk, tete-a-tete

Antonyms: silence

OK so let's put the whole thing together, since I forgot the middle part:

The Decade of Prevailing

The Promised Land of the Prevailing Word

Biblical Solutions for Daily Living

Could be Changed to:

The Orbit of Ordinary

Abraham's Bosom of the Rampant Chitchat

Biblical Band-aids for Cardian Ticking

Whew, that's enough. Just had to something with that BORING meaningless theme.

Edited by outandabout

• 2 weeks later...

OK, so I went to the 63rd Anniversary in San Antonio. These disciples were quaint with their hand shakes, though complete strangers to me. To break the ice I asked a few of them about their lives, i.e. "How are you?" "Where do you work?" "Are you originally from Texas?" I was suprised.....they all had BLANK faces! They just looked at me without any expression and said nothing. (I forgot, this affair was about TWI and NOT anything personal), Excuse Me!

The FC's wife abruptly pointed to a chair and said, "You sit here!" Then lead the singing like "I-Robot."

The teaching lead into the new posters, musical CD's, stationary cards and the WOA&P Class that needed 4 more seekers. Silence, no emotion, flat EKG, NUMB. The best they can do is bring children from these fellowships into The Class.

After the teaching, I tried to mengle. There was no joy. I looked at the fellowship photo's that they were displaying. A total of 5 photo's for the year. How sad. Why bother to display them?

The FC asked a woman why she and her husband were not prospering?

I had to see if I was really missing anything since I left the "Household of Faith".

B)

Welcome, MadeItThrough!

Your experience sounds all too familiar. People can't think for themselves anymore. :huh: We had a party once at our house and, as good little wayfers, everyone arrived ten minutes early, but our HFC called and was going to be late. (Which is a whole nother story in and of itself) Anyway, we had a few guests and visitors at the party and I was expecting people to mingle, talk to them, make them feel at home, etc. I did mention this was a PARTY, didn't I? :ph34r:

Nope, nada. Everyone sat quiety with their hands in their laps. I couldn't get anyone to start in on the food and drinks. Couldn't get anyone to talk to our guests, not even to talk to each other. Everyone sat there so quiet just looking at each other. Once the HFC finally showed up and we were allowed to start the "agenda" for the party, people lightened up a little bit, but it was like they were characters with roles to play and they didn't start acting until told what to do and how to act. :rolleyes:

Pathetic. We lost all sense of social skills and general b.s. small talk ability in TWI. Just zombies smiling when told to, serious when told to be, melt your face mad when we don't know what else to do. Just pathetic.

Belle,

Your description is EXACTLY what I remember.... eeeewwwww.

We'd have "game night" parties, where we were supposed to witness to people and get them to come over for a night of fun. The poor souls that actually attended were "blessed" to death with fake smiles, fake chit-chat that was completely flat, and an agenda so obvious, it's amazing to me that the guests didn't just run, screaming, from the house.

One more example of twi trying to repeat what originally attracted many of us to twi, but only obtaining the "form" and none of the "substance" -- ie: heart. In the early days, people just LIVED, and had such joy doing it, that others were naturally attracted. Now, they put on events and staged activities, and there is no joy or fun because everyone is afraid to just be themselves. God forbid you say something off-hand and offend the leadership. God forbid you make a joke about something and get nailed for confessing a negative. God forbid, in a moment of candor, you let slip that all is not perfect in your life... and open yourself up for a complete rectal exam by the leadership... I repeat: eeeeewwwwwwww.