GreaseSpot Cafe

Coffee

Raf

Thanks for the warm welcome...Bliss, I'm glad you liked my signature line - it was sort of inspired by this website - I love the way everyone is pretty much straightforward...Moony, thanks for the huge Cappuccino [it looks to be about 4 gallons - after that I could re-model my kitchen in under 3 hours]...After which I'm gonna need Belle's Monkey Bread to soothe the savage stomach.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...from the website of...so it says...an Ethiopian Airlines magazine...

Ethiopia the origin of Coffee

More than 1,000 years ago, a goatherd in Ethiopia’s south-western highlands plucked a few red berries from some young green trees growing there in the forest and tasted them. He liked the flavour – and the feel-good effect that followed. Today those self-same berries, dried, roasted and ground, have become the world’s second most popular non-alcoholic beverage after tea. And, as David Beatty discovers in words and pictures, the Ethiopian province where they first blossomed – Kaffa – gave its name to coffee.

• 2 weeks later...

For health reasons, I'm keeping on with my caffeine habit (since it's really the only one that I have). Without it, I get withdrawal symptons (headache, irritable). I figure for the health of everybody around me, it's better that I keep drinking the straight stuff.

(Ok, as a treat I do like a latte once in a while)

• 2 weeks later...