GreaseSpot Cafe

I Am Selling My PFAL Series Books On E-Bay

Mark Sanguinetti

Does anyone here know? Are the PFAL series books still out of print? I believe they were at least out of print under Martindale's reign of terror. I suppose since they were better than what he had, a man of his weak character would be jealous. I was looking at their web site and I saw one photo of them, but nothing else.

Edited by Mark Sanguinetti

Im not sure if they are out of print. I know we had to remove or hide any material linked to those that left prior to 90' at least from where I stand...To be honest, I do remember seeing them only at Hdqrt's bookstore. They are still teaching from it from people I have talked to. I thru all my stuff out from the 90's..

If you know people out there still cherish it and will use it but can't buy it from twi because they are "copouts", well then this serves them well. I'm not out out talk anyone out of pfal. The guy who bought my books was estatic. He's a good guy who left after POP was read. He's got his own thing going, and he put them in a library for all the people in his area to use. I was glad I could help them out.

Mark

The books are still listed in the current bookstore catalog. They are the prevailing word edition though. The Belieze fellowship also sells new ones. Which has dropped the ebay value on PFAL Books. The rare book sellers still sell them at high prices because they don't know what they are they just saw the value at the peak and thought they could cash in . They still say things like rare out of print.

Edited by WhiteDove

98 bucks for THIS!!?????

Jesus Christ is not God by Wierwille, Victor Paul

Item number: 4588930309

price:

US $98.00 

Item location:

Oregon City, OR

United States

Jesus Christ Is Not God

Item Specifics - Nonfiction Books

Author:

Victor P Wierwill

Category:

Publication Year:

Condition:

Special Attributes:

*Good+ hardcover in poor jacket.Jacket has two large tears, chipping.Book itself has only minimal wear.The text is clean, crisp, solid and completely free of marks.A very nice copy.Ships in 24hrs.

Jesus Christ is not God by Wierwille, Victor Paul

price:

US $98.00

Good Gawd!!! They can't even spell docvic's name right.

:jump:

Edited by dmiller

Nice to know that if I need it, I've got next month's rent boxed up in my closet.

When I lost all my belongings upon leaving the Corps, and no one would cooperate in sending anything to me when I asked, (Gee I would love to talk to whoever cleaned out Emporia Hall at the end of that block!), I spent the next couple of years rebuilding all my class materials: should have spent the money on the albums I lost while they were still available-who knew?

I've then spent the last 20 plus years hauling all that stuff around! Until recently, I felt to guilty to just throw it away: now I'll keep it until I ready to sell. Whoever wants it then, well, God Bless!

Still have my replacement Cambridge: that's all I really need anyway.

Top of the world --- You said:

've then spent the last 20 plus years hauling all that stuff around! Until recently, I felt to guilty to just throw it away: now I'll keep it until I ready to sell. Whoever wants it then, well, God Bless!

Still have my replacement Cambridge: that's all I really need anyway.

I (personally) will not ever get rid of pfal stuff. It serves a purpose.

And yea --- I miss my Thompson's chain reference bible !!

(I gave it to a guy in Switzerland back in 1974. I was convinced that he needed it more than I.)

:)

Thanks for the feedback guys. I start most of my descriptions with the following disclaimer:

"Although, I don’t necessarily believe that everything in this book is true or biblically accurate."

There is nothing terribly wrong with the material as long as they are not like Mike and think that it is all God breathed and without error. The class is a study aid and nothing else. Most of the bad things that came into the Way Denomination were a result of people being lorded over through the Way Tree structure or the Way Corps, in my opinion.

I am selling it because I have run out of shelf space at my office and I have not read any of it in over 15 years. I recently bought a bunch of Real Estate books to help me pass the California RE Brokers test so I need the shelf space. I sold some of my material already last year.

However, I am going to keep one copy each of "Are the Dead Alive Now?", "Jesus Christ Our Passover" and "Jesus Christ Our Promised Seed."

:dance: Ya'll make me feel excentric or somethin'...a few years ago I did some remodeling in me house, an so happens the kido that had never been a wafer assked me why I had all them books. Fer startin a fire I replied, I thought of the timeDr veg talked about a book burnin in Germany,,,,glad I still live in tha bluegrass state an book burning is still allowed, althought I did give away some 1971 n 72 way ragazines,....I still have a whole box full of SNS Tapes circa 72-77 ifn anyone is interested, don't really know why I kept em other than they don't take up much space in tha garage. Let tha campfire begin!!!

Thats exactly what I was thinking LittleHawk---

Im sure you could get alittle money for the books on EBay or somewhere but wouldn't a burning ceremony be much more satisfying?

Mark-

Most of the bad things that came into the Way Denomination were a result of people being lorded over through the Way Tree structure or the Way Corps,.

It would be for another thread but I gotta disagree I am of the opinion that many of the problems largely stemmed from the Doctrinally erratic positions propounded in the books

You guys are funny. :biglaugh:

However, I think there is some bad doctrine mixed in with all major denominations. Just look at some of what the Roman Catholic and Mormon churches teach for an example. Then there is the school of thought for Jerry Fallwell and Pat Robertson. Personally, I think if people are not pressured into swallowing all their hog wash that they will be able to eventually separate truth from error. Besides, everyone that wins anything from me I am going to send some of my teachings to also. Some of which will contradict some of Wierwille's teachings. For example, everyone will get a copy of my Lordship of Jesus Christ paper teaching them doctrinally to stay clear of overbearing religious rulers.

Mark, they quit printing the actual PFAL book and shortly before I got out they gave away all the copies to whoever wanted one. I think we took two of them to give to "new people" we hoped to undershepherd some time. I would seriously doubt if they have any copies other than personal copies in NK.

I remember they had started going through the book when I was on my way out the door and I questioned how and why they were teaching from PFAL when none of the new people had copies and couldn't even get copies if they wanted them. My answer came in the form of glares and growls. :rolleyes:

I like Hawks idea.... we could have a burn night at the next weenie roast!!!

Everybody bring at least ONE piece of ministry garbage....lol

I have a small chest of daily fliers from roa back to 79.... tickets .... booklets wow bands....heart mags ....kids mags....I have tapes....might even dig out my reel to reels!....sns tapes....roa tapes !!!!

I think it`d be a HOOT!

Rascal....I promise not to use me torch to start campfires anymore,,,,only original green cards!

Johnny Lingo....I could use that spanish pfal,,,,I have some new neighbors that thinktheir sombero's fit in wif me mules...but they keep forgetting to close tha gate. I t makes fer a bad deal early in the mornin',,,,specially when I am running a little late fer work....I gotta go chase the mules back in. I think my new neighbors need to read tha 5th chapter!

They quite printing PFAL shortly before lcm was dethroned. I was on staff when they announced they would stop printing it and made the rest the had in stock available. It was around 1998 or 1999 because it was April 2000 when the lawsuit became public, and the forehead went in to hiding.