GreaseSpot Cafe

The Cone of Winter

krys

Here in North Jersey, I think we have about 12 " but it's hard to tell when it's snowing sideways. My fire hydrant is half covered but the 4' fence looks like it's half buried but I can't believe that.In most of my windows there's a 2" "drift" in the corner and snow stuck in the screens. Pictures will follow if I can take any worthwhile.

I have heard thunder. The forecast suggests we may have an additional 5 - 8" before all is said and done.

What's it like in your neck of the woods?

Good cuddlin' weather!

It was supposed to miss us this time and head right for the East Coast (sorry Krys, exsie, everyone). I was surprised when I let the dogs out this morning by a nice blanket of new snow--only about an inch or two so far, but it was coming down pretty good last time I looked.

Edited by Linda Z

Here in central New Hampshire we only have about 3-4". It's a light snow and whenever plowtrucks go by they cause a whiteout because it's such a fine powder. We really need it here because the ski industry is suffering this year from the lack of snow - we've had much more rain than snow!

I love it - no reason to go anywhere.... got a pot of stew simmering, and bread is baking in the bread machine... baby is sleeping, as his big brother is quietly playing alone in his room... cats are a little nutty, but they always act up when there's a storm... hubby is quietly reading and snoozing... ah, the simple life!

(This is almost as good as having the whole house to myself!)

Would you believe that they're even predicting that we might even get a "dusting" down here! :o

Temperatures tonight will fall into upper 20s to low 30s across inland sections...With mid to upper 3os expected along the immediate coast. Freeze warnings are posted for all of west central florida ... Gusty winds will result in wind chill values ranging from the upper teens across the nature coast...To mid 20s around the tampa bay area...

Does anybody have an extra pair of long johns I can borrow? :unsure:

There was supposed to be 4-12 inches of snow in Toledo. Sunday schools closed, home fellowships cancelled, some jobs closed down...

And then it didn't happen. If I dream it, does it not happen? Now I've got to quit my job as a weatherman.

Eagle :nono5:

Edited by Eagle

It snowed in Hot Lanta this week-end!

Saturday was rainy, windy, freezing cold and muddy as all get out at earthdog trials. Sunday was even colder, but with snow instead of rain. This Florida gal was prepared for COLD weather but not for EFFEN COLD weather. :blink: Thank goodness the dogs didn't care! :spy:

I was hoping for a WARM reception at the Florida State Line, but, alas, the cold followed me all the way down to Orlando. :(

Vixen kicked butt this week-end in Atlanta! Saturday was freezing, windy, muddy rainy and absolutely miserable weather. The dogs didn't notice and had a blast running through tunnels and chasing rats.

Vixen did well on Saturday but Mom gave an extra command and caused us to fail the Senior Earthdog Trial. On Sunday, though, both Mom and Vixen were bang on (in the SNOW!!!!) and Vixen earned one leg toward getting her Senior Earthdog title. She needs three legs to earn the title Senior Earthdog and then we move up to the Master Earthdog trials for the title of Master Earthdog. *grin*

We will be home this week-end for Agility, but have earthdog in Alabama the next week-end and then in Sloans Ridge, FL (near Brooksville) the week-end after that. Hopefully we'll earn the Senior Earthdog title during these upcoming week-ends.

I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to go since Mama was in town till right before I left. That's why I didn't tell anyone I was going. Turns out - it was probably a good thing. I didn't get any sleep Friday night driving up there and getting a hotel room right next door to a bachelor party (I was too tired to complain but still not able to get any sleep). :yawn1:

Saturday, after a late lunch at Cracker Barrell, I crashed and slept from 6pm to 6am. :sleep1: Got up in time to go kick boo-tee and then hit the road back home. I'm still tired, but exhilerated from the excitement of the week-end.

Thanks for asking, Rascal! :love: They were much more organized this time, so I think they'll be doing them more often up there, now. You'll have to bring the crew to the next one. I'll let you know when that is once it's scheduled. :D

Edited by Belle

Hi, Z!

Yeah, we hate to break everyone's hearts, but I haven't had the heat on all winter. Mid to high 70"s. Doors and windows open. Even starting on my tan.

Anybody who is sick of snow is invited down. The best thing I ever did was give away my snow shovel when I moved down here.

But snow angels are fun, if you don't mind snow in your shorts!

We're sure getting a taste of it. But do you think we'd get good fluffy snow?? But nooooooo... we get sleet and ice. With more predicted for tomorrow. And this is Memphis fer heavens sake. Here'my street (showing the ice) and my poor puppy who needs some grooming and doesn't know what to think about the frozen stuff!!

slickstreet.jpg

laddiesleet.jpg

.... sudo