GreaseSpot Cafe

Reoccuring dreams

Dot Matrix

I almost never remember my dreams and can't recall any recurring ones, but I occasionally wake up feeling troubled, with remembrance of tiny pieces of what I know must have been a dream. If I've ever had a dream that relates to TWI, I don't recall it.

When I was young (pre-teen), I had a few recurring nightmares, involving either my being chased or being abandoned. They just vanished; I don't know why. I do, occasionally, have a "boogeyman" dream; but they are usually presaged by my inability to turn on the lights. I know then that it's a dream and either wake up or "direct" the dream to something more interesting.

I occasionally have the "back-in-school" dream, where I'm not sure how to get to my next class. My last real class was 25 years ago, so some things linger quite a while. A more recent variant of that dream has been my coming to a band rehearsal (or concert) and being unable to find my instrument or the music.

I occasioanlly also have "bathroom" dreams, where I'm looking for a rest room. I doubt there's much psychology involved, because when I wake up I really DO have to use the bathroom!

And, yeah, Chef. Sometimes I dream I'm naked in public. At least nobody's laughing!! :dance:

George

I used to have recurring dreams about my teeth being loose. I heard that meant I felt I had no control over some areas of my life.

I also have recurring dreams about being naked in public. It's weird because I know I am naked, and I decide I am going to enter the public place without feeling weird. But once I see the people, I am freaked out and looking for my clothes.

I've had dreams about situations that happened to me in twi. But I always end up telling off whoever it is in the dream. I feel satisfied about telling them off.

I also have bathroom dreams. There are public restrooms with no walls or dividers. It's a feeling of discomfort I feel in these dreams.

My main recurring dream is a lot like Engine Rob's....

I'm back at Ole Miss having to re-take classes. The reason isn't clear. But it's the same class schedule as when I was there before.... only..... I can't exactly remember what all is on the schedule. Then I remember a class I haven't been attending AT ALL and it's close to the end of the semester!! Panic time!

I've heard several folks tell me (like Engine) that they have this same recurring dream with a few different details. But the significance of all this? No significance at all, IMNSHO. It's just the mind day dreaming at night. Freud himself said that in dreams, sometimes a cigar is just a cigar :redface2:

<center>sudo</center>

Sudo, I have had dreams exactly like that a lot.

LindaZ:

"The very next morning after the dream, I'm sitting in my office, and the person who was in my dream sticks her head into my office and says, "Would you go down in the elevator with me to pick up some boxes of computer paper?"

I kid you not. I thought, "Whoa! How strange!" I told her about my dream, and we laughed. Then, just to complete all the weirdness, we got stuck in the elevator, halfway between two floors. I've been using that elevator for four and a half years and have never gotten stuck once. I guess the thing she greatly feared had come upon me. We were only stuck for about 5 minutes and help arrived.

I guess it was just a wild coincidence, but man, what a specific coincidence!"

I have weird dream stuff like that happen to me. I once had a very informative dream. At the end I was older, on the east Coast in a graveyard and I looked down and the name was Ben Palmer$##$

It was a misty rain fall and the leaves were changing like fall. A car or bus went by and someone yelled to me or something.

Anyway, the next day this guy at work said, "Dot, I had a dream about you. We were on the east Coast, it was fall and the leaves were colored. There was a misty rain and you were in a graveyard and I drove by and yelled Hello to you.

I still have the school dreams where I cannot find my classes and my schedule is messed up. I have that at least once a year.

Jim you said "A couple of months ago, I had an incredibly vivid dream of a large airplane crashing and exploding across the street from me."

That would be a nightmare --- I would have awoke in sweat or something.

I Also fly Tom Strange. But when I begin to go lower I cannot get back up.

Can't think of any recurring dreams right now – but after seeing GeorgeStGeorge's picture of the Green Lantern reminds me of a dream I had with super-powers. I'm flying around some big skyscrapers, executing all kinds of rolls and dips – thoroughly enjoying the ability to fly. From my bird's eye vantage point, I spot a fire in a building and quickly zoom over to it - touchdown right in front of a firefighter working a high-powered hose on the blaze. Being master of the obvious, I offer my services in the rescue efforts by boldly announcing to the firefighter "I can fly." To which the firefighter quickly declined by saying, "That's okay, son, we've got it handled."

Okay talking about twi and dreaming must have triggered a dream.......it's probably about the 4th time I have dreamt about the wife of my last fellowship coordinator...........the background setting is always different but she is in the dream and never says anything........she is like mechanically going around and doing things.......i am always thinking in the dream of what self control she has..........

There are some obvious reasonings to the dream..........but just thought if it reocurrs so much, does that mean I haven't gotten the meaning? lol hey you never know

I used to have the loose teeth dream all of the time....and then they would keep breaking and falling out all throughout the dream...I can litterally feel each one breaking and choke on the pieces...I am always horrified....

It is funny though, they stopped entirely after I went to the dentists and had a lot of work done.

I don`t know why, but I haven`t had any trouble since.

Don't know about the pee dream.

This past week I dreamed of fire TWO times. What is that? I watched the floor burn.

An old dream I had, until I spoke of it, was an old house that was kept up nicely but inside it fell apart like the movie MONEY PIT before the movie was out.

Then, after about 11 times, I realized the house was me. I kept trying to fix myself by dealing with the outside, Lancomb make-up and a trip to Nordstrom's. But I was falling apart inside. Then, I faced some Way stuff and other things and that went away.

I used to have recurring dreams that I was driving (not flying) plane and the outer doors were infested with rats trying to get in. I haven't had the dream in a few years, but it was a freaky one.

I also have another dream where I am in a plane which has the ability to land in water and drive around like a boat. But then it tries to take off from the water and only gets about 100 feet off the ground only to creash back into the water. I recently flew to the SF Bay Area. That dream was in my brain while we were flying over the bay to land at the Oakland Airport. My believing didn't carry me through.....yeah right.