• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's ok Mr. Music man,

We will forgive....

He's a youngster who plays some mighty fine guitar and writes some mighty fine songs.

I just went on the website that Socks linked to for Roy Buchanan... (on page 51 post # 1015)and it linked me to YOU TUBE.

Go there and search John Mayer...You'll get to see a video.

But, more so... I"ve just been sitting here... watching video after video of Eva Cassidy.

She was a mighty fine guitarist and lets not forget singer... her phrasing ... impeccable.

I love that gretch she plays on Somewhere Over the Rainbow.

I think it is the VERY FINEST cover I have ever heard of this song... I think Judy would have been proud to hear her sing it.

What a pleasure it was to finally get to see her sing. I've been listening to her stuff for a few years now.

MY... god sure gave her a gift. It was an honour to hear and see her sing tonight.

i am humbled.

Edited by A la prochaine

A la------------Every now and then an artist comes along who seems to make you forget about technique and draws you right into the emotion. Eva was surely that type of artist. When she sang "Over the Raibow" it was almost as if it was flowing from her for the very first time. The music world lost her way too soon but she certainly left us with quite a legacy.

must get away... :blink:

these videos are addictive...

I was listening to Eva's cover of IMAGINE. There's no video to that one... but she does a mighty job of that song. Such a powerful voice and so controlled all in one package.

I also listened to Norah Jones doing 'Love Me Tender'... her guitarist Adam Levy... man... he knows exactly where to put a note and where not to.

I find his absence of notes just as powerful as the notes that are played. Norah does the same on the keyboards.

Having way too much fun for one day....

oh... and did i tell you

I"M GOING TO SEE JOHN MAYER ON SATURDAY :jump::jump::jump:

Check it out! A la, good for you - a full report is requested, please. Let us know how it goes. We're going to see him in a few weeks, he's billed with Sheryl Crow. Hope to see some of his new stuff off "Continuum".

Adam Levy is a black-belt accompaniest. Does magic with his instrument, I do agree widdat!

Speaking of which - Norah's got a new release we bought and I expected big things, as it has Jim Campilongo playing on it, a somewhat eccentric but creative and talented guitarist. I like a lot of his instrumental stuff, but 5I was moderately disappointed at his playing, having read that he was very happy with the results and the creative freedom he had recording. As always Norah's voice is in good form but it wasn't what I expected. I'd hoped for the kind of musical mind meld of a Shawn Colvin/John Levanthal combination.

Speaking of "Somwwhere Over the Rainbow", that song is such a great song. Many, many musicians have done wonderful things with it. It's not a complicated tune, just beautifully simple and wonderfully crafted. A gem.

Yah, Youtube is addicting alright. Amazing what's out there!

Chatty, that Knopfler tune is great - killah!

OK, since A La mentioned Somewhere Over the Rainbow, click HERE.

And please ignore all the little foibles. :(

Rick

I apologize that I got so excited about your tune but I know you Rick and I know you're not showy in that way at all. So I understood what that meant. And I also know I add to it by this, but then what is new dear friend. Thank you for bringing it here.