GreaseSpot Cafe

The Countdown Resumes!!!

Raf

This year's finalists for that annual newspaper prize thingy.

Please note the investigative reporting (I had nothing to do with that), breaking news (I was an editor, one of many, on that) and the Feature Photography categories (naturally, I had nothing to do with that).

I'm a realist, so I'm not expecting to be celebrating come April. Let's see: Fort Lauderdale's paper and Hurricane Wilma is up against New Orleans' paper and Hurricane Katrina. Oh yeah, it's gonna be a close one. Yeh right.

But to be nominated again. :)

Edited by Raf

God, I hope you win, Raf.

So I can brag about it..."Hey! I know this guy!"

Eagle

That's very nice, Eagle. But please let me be clear: they MUST choose three finalists, but there's no way on earth we'll win the breaking news category. This is New Orleans' year, and I surrender.

Making the finalist list two years in a row is reward in itself.

The other two categories are different, and I truly hope the investigative team wins it.

• 1 month later...

Don't worry, these news kudos tend to be a "lifetime achievement award" kind of thing. They see your name on the list enough times, they will start to think it is your turn.

Or, you could move up here to Maine, where the pickin's are so bad, that you eventually win by default!

:D

Shaz