GreaseSpot Cafe

Spring has Sprung

likeaneagle

How is it in your area?

SNOWING big GD flakes and f'n cold today

I thought we had made it through a mild winter, then Feb came and it finally started to hit ---March is always like a Lion--breathing out its last bits of intimidation---

We're almost (cross my fingers) done with winter here--I hate the end of it especially when it drags on and on and on , but it does make that first burst of color such a longed for and wonderful event that everybody is instantaneously in a great mood.

So gimme about a month or 6 weeks

It's Beautiful!

It's the Perfect Temperature!

The Orange Blossoms are Blooming and the earth smells like sweet perfume.....

:love3:

I've been sleeping with the windows open and the a/c off and enjoying every minute of it!!

I just dread the hot Florida summer that I know will follow.

But for now,

I'm basking in the sun,

inhaling the perfume and

spending as much time outdoors as I possibly can.

It makes me crave and devour e.e. cummings poetry while lying in the yard with my dog; both of us drinking in the sweet smells.

warped this perhapsy

warped this perhapsy

stumbl

i

NgflounderpirouettiN

g

:seized(

tatterdemalion

dow

nupfloatsw

oon

InG

s ly)tuck.s its(ghostsoul sheshape)

elf into leasting forever most

magical maybes of certainly

never the iswas

teetertiptotterish

sp-

inwhirlpin

-wh

EEling

;a!who,

(

whic hbubble ssomethin

gabou tlov

e)

in Just-

in Just-

spring when the world is mud-

luscious the little lame baloonman

whistles far and wee

and eddyandbill come

running from marbles and

piracies and it's

spring

when the world is puddle-wonderful

the queer

old baloonman whistles

far and wee

and bettyandisbel come dancing

from hop-scotch and jump-rope and

it's

spring

and

the

goat-footed

baloonMan whistles

far

and

wee

It's Beautiful!

It's the Perfect Temperature!

The Orange Blossoms are Blooming and the earth smells like sweet perfume.....

:love3:

I've been sleeping with the windows open and the a/c off and enjoying every minute of it!!

I just dread the hot Florida summer that I know will follow.

But for now,

I'm basking in the sun,

inhaling the perfume and

spending as much time outdoors as I possibly can.

It is beautiful, isn't it Belle! Shorts & t-shirt weather. You forgot the smell of jasmine and the sound of music jammin in the background.

Edited by moony3424

Yes, that was, Belle.

I just came in from walking Oliver who was on a bunny hunt :)

The temp is up to a nice 46 degrees, sun is shining, birds were singing and we saw FOUR robins hopping around.

My first purple bud popped open in the front yard. Daffodils are standing at attention waiting for Easter to near.

Yes, spring is near. :biglaugh:

J.

It's Beautiful!

warped this perhapsy

warped this perhapsy

stumbl

i

NgflounderpirouettiN

g

:seized(

tatterdemalion

dow

nupfloatsw

oon

InG

Is this one of those deals where you have to be "trippin" for it to make any sense? :spy:

Had some spring here, forsythia bushes are yellow, but they are talking a little snow tomorrow maybe, and I had to go gather a little more wood ... eagles have gone north though, but lotsa big white pelicans are coming through along the Mississippi River, which is really cool ...

We've had lots of robins and even 5 cardinals in my burning bush for the past 3 or 4 weeks. We've got daffodils in full bloom, buds are starting on lots of trees. I was sure spring had sprung.

I'm in the Kansas City area. Today it's really cold out here (mid 30's) and we're expecting a lot of snow. Sheesh!

Veddy interestink!

Is this one of those deals where you have to be "trippin" for it to make any sense?

Could be, Rhino. Could be. :biglaugh:

OR

A Madame Librarian wannabe..... :blink:

Actually, I was fortunate to have some awesome lit teachers and one in particular inspired a love for cummings in me that has never died. I love those two poems and think of them often during springtime - they just pop into my head like a jingle or one of those songs that plays over and over in your head that you can't stop no matter what. :)

I'd try to send some warm weather up toward the north, but it looks like it might be an effort in futility. Maybe we should just all plan to meet on the banks of the Mississippi for some crawfish and cold beer! :love3:

Hey Rhino-

you can actualy divide those Forsynthias. They are very hardy,altho, I wouldnt try unless theyre very thick and bushy.otherwise, they look to airy.I had the most fun in the spring transplanting and starting new areas in my yard.. I knew every square inch of my yard and what was coming up where and when..It very enjoyable getting dirty:)

Now they are saying up to 3 inches of snow here tomorrow..we will see. The mountains have a big impact on weather here...they usualy are wrong..haha

Yeah, spring has sprung all right. Weather in STL is sometimes unpredictable.

During the last month we've had several days of 60/70 degrees. But TODAY? The "first day of spring"? HAH! 2-4 inches of snow.

I once took a class in physical geography which had to do with weather patterns, the jet stream, celestial latitude and longitude, etc. The prof said he had a meteorologist friend who had moved to STL from the San Francisco bay area. The friend said he was right in his predictions 75% of the time in SF, but only 50% of the time in STL. It seems there's some phantom atmospheric condition 50 miles west of here that consistently sends fronts north or south of us. Yes, weather in STL can be weird.

We just got through a one month cold snap with the temp three days ago at sixteen below. It is a little colder here where I live compared to downtown Juneau, because there is an enormouse glacier about two miles behind my house, which is for all practicle purposes, a humongous Ice Cube.

65_N00962.jpg

And, we just got another 16 inches of the white stuff. Another couple of weeks though, and it will break, and out will come da bears!

Edited by Jonny Lingo

Jl. what an awesome picture..

I cannot imagine living 2 miles from a glacier. what a picture to look at everyday right out your door.:)

Well, we never got the 3 inches of snow..It was so funny. I had the weather channel on for updates and at the bottom of the screen was an update that they were canceling the hazard weather watch while above the Weather channel still had the warning on:)hand not talking to the foot..ha

Edited by likeaneagle