GreaseSpot Cafe

All Nine All the Time

This topic, All Nine All the Time, deserves its own thread.

Linda and Belle were talking about this vpw teaching on the "A Non-manipulated Foundational Class" thread. And, Linda stated, "I no longer believe in the 'all nine all the time' that VPW promoted. That approach led to so many failures in 'ministering' of healing, and to cookie-cutter tongues, interp. and prophecy, etc. I now believe different people have different longsuits, spiritually, and to force them all into the same mold only sets them up for self-doubt and disappointment."

This slogan.....all nine all the time.....although a catchy phrase, is a falsehood. First of all, even in vpw's advanced class teachings where he handles the revelation and impartation manifestations, wierwille adamantly states that its God's perogative to give or not give them. So logically, if at times God withholds revelation.....then it can't be "all nine all the time."

For the record, I liked lots of the information that I learned in twi's advanced class.......it's just not "God-breathed" that's all. :)

I take to task with those who promote wierwille and his classes as "God would teach him like it hadn't been known since the first century if he would teach it to others"......or the MOGFOT crap. Wierwille taught some good things, some bad. Some things were simple, some things were contradictory.

All nine all the time.................is one of those contradictory issues that vpw promoted.

:asdf:

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know WHERE this was taught?

It may very well be in print or on a tape, but I don't know which one.

Can anyone track where this phrase came from?

Was it actually part of Dr's teaching or was it a product of some other teachers or departments?

And yet I also remember twi saying that some people do have a 'long-suit' in some of the manifestations and not so much in others. That is even evident in a number of the postings here.

I think I have a 'long-suit' in tongues, interpretation, prophecy..yet I have also received revelation when and where needed (a few times even to the saving of my childrens souls, ( lives).

Maybe it's better to expound and say "Be READY, to OPERATE all nine all the time".

Allan,

That may very well be how it started out: “Be READY, to OPERATE all nine all the time.”

If we could pinpoint better exactly where it was taught then background like your suggestion here may clarify it better.

If we can find it on tapes or in print then it can be discussed much more intelligently than if everyone merely gives their memory’s worth of impressions.

From Mike ~~~

That may very well be how it started out: “Be READY, to OPERATE all nine all the time.”

Hey -- can you quote me *chapter and verse* from pfal on that??

Sounds like you are ready to accept the premise, with no *documentatiion*. ;)

If we can find it on tapes or in print then it can be discussed much more intelligently than if everyone merely gives their memory’s worth of impressions.

There you go mentioning tapes again. Why??????

Everytime one of us does so, you relegate it to the gutter ---

Saying only WRITTEN PFAL counts.

WHEN are you going to make up your mind??? <_< <_<

dmiller,

As I've stated several times before (but seemingly out our your earshot) tapes are fine for ministry history.

It's sometimes good to untangle the events of the past, and tapes can help there a lot.

If it's written in one of VPW's books or magazine articles then we're talking more than ministry history, but the final end-product of the teaching.

If you can't remember this simple distinction between history and doctrine, don't worry, I'll remind you again.

So, once again, does anyone remember ANY details about where "all nine" came from? Was it an AC item? How about Intermediate class?

Unless we can go back to the record all we have are our flimsy fleeting memories to go on, and that's not good enough for me.

If it's written in one of VPW's books or magazine articles then we're talking more than ministry history, but the final end-product of the teaching.

If you can't remember this simple distinction between history and doctrine, don't worry, I'll remind you again.

Thanks for the offer -- but I'll pass. ;)

As I've stated several times before (but seemingly out our your earshot) tapes are fine for ministry history.

It's sometimes good to untangle the events of the past, and tapes can help there a lot.

The simple fact is this "Distinction" only exists in your head

Doctrine is doctrine whether oral, written, audio tape, VHS or DVD

History is History whether oral, written, audio tape, VHS or DVD

I Corinthians 12

8] For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit;

[9] To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit;

[10] To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues:

[11] But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will.

PFAL is where I remember a big to do about the phrase "Severally as he will" VPW said "severally meant we got all nine" because the words severally wouldn't have been used unless it meant all of them. He belabored the pooint that it didn;t mean jsut two or three either

"all nine all the time" was the shorthand for proclaiming this doctrine.

To get to this point we just had to ignore 8 "to another" and 1 "to one" in verses 8-10

1991 Advanced Class

Rome City, IN

Balcony.

Third Row.

Second seat from the wall, stage right.

"All nine all the time" was said by VPW in the 1979 Advance Class. (And just so no one gets their knickers in a knot about the dates - the TAPE of the '79 AC was aired in '91 - get it?)

The term was repeated by LCM, later on, as he was hosting the class.

The context was more about having all nine manifestations available to you to operate at all times, if you needed them. The Advance Class was to better instruct you in how to do that.

If you were operating all nine AT ONCE, would that be spiritual multi-tasking?

Edited by ChasUFarley

Does anyone know from where in our LARGE SET of TWI experiences

this “all nine all the time” idea was taught to us?

Mike segment 34 of the Advanced Class is titled All Nine all Of The Tme.It covers the record in Acts 3: Silver and gold have I none.......... That is the record he used to show that all nine manifestations were in use during this healing.

In the opening from the transcript he states "In every situation where you minister,people,all-basically all nine manifestations have to be in operation within you,to minister effectually and to bring deliverance to God's people.

I read through the transcript quickly but it looks like he was saying there you need to have a knowledge of all nine and how to use them within you so that you would be ready for any situation. A lot on hit and miss ministering.

So, now that Mike was able to derail/distract from this thread by the third post on it, I believe that White Dove's answer about the SESSION and mine about the CLASS/LOCATION/ETC., answer his question quite well.

SKYRIDER, who started this thread, said:

I take to task with those who promote wierwille and his classes as "God would teach him like it hadn't been known since the first century if he would teach it to others"......or the MOGFOT crap. Wierwille taught some good things, some bad. Some things were simple, some things were contradictory.

All nine all the time.................is one of those contradictory issues that vpw promoted.

I think what happened with this, is that VPW taught it, like White Dove, myself, and others posted - he taught that the nine manifestations are available - you just have to know how to recognize and utilize them. I don't remember him teaching that you use them all at once. I think ZEALOUS people took this saying out of context, and warped it into something where they taught you should OPERATE all nine manifestations AT ALL TIMES - be looking always for occasions to use them, etc.

Just like people misued "Reaching into Daddy's cookie jar..." to say they were trolling for revelation all the time, which isn't really what VPW taught, as I understood it. It was more God's perrogative if he gave you any revelation at all - it wasn't that he had it for you - like cookies - all the time...

Again, it was people who placed what came out of VPW's mouth above what the Word said that messed things up - the man was, and by some people, still is, elevated above God and the Word.

Just like people misued "Reaching into Daddy's cookie jar..." to say they were trolling for revelation all the time, which isn't really what VPW taught, as I understood it. It was more God's perrogative if he gave you any revelation at all - it wasn't that he had it for you - like cookies - all the time...

*Daddy's cookie jar* is another saying I haven't heard for a while either.

And yea -- I agree with you Chas, about the *all nine* teaching.

I have always thought that what was meant was that we were *enabled*

to utilize them (as needed), not all of them, all at once.

Dang Chas I'm not sure he seems to go back n forth on this at the session end he says

All you do is walk the word,people. One - one record in the Word of God - they're all like this,but I've taken the time to teach you one,to show you that all nine manifestations are in that one, sir.

All nine manifestations are involved in delivering a person of a migraine headache,for instance,or even a toothache or anything else. You got to have 'em all baby. That's why Christ is all in all of you,because he is there and nothing is missing.

Edited by WhiteDove

Thanks Chas and White Dove,

Yes, I found it too in segment 34, and it looks like Allan had it right on in post #6.

Chas, I particularly like how you put this: “I think ZEALOUS people took this saying out of context, and warped it into something where they taught you should OPERATE all nine manifestations AT ALL TIMES...”

Many things got distorted by unwise zealots.

Edited by Mike