GreaseSpot Cafe

Leviathan et al

Rejoice

In short, Xena, their teaching transformed every aspect of our minds - our deepest thoughts, feelings and even failings - into devils to be feared. They tried to make us afraid of ourselves. "Don't trust your own heart - trust in the Lord" (of which Way leaders fancied themselves representatives, and convinced many of the same).

Danny

:offtopic:

Way back in 1989 I sought professional help to get myself weaned away from twi. My therapist's name was Xena (for real!). She had grown up with Jim Jones (Jonestown) and became a therapist specifically to help people come out of dangerous and abusive religious situations.

So, Xena, reading your posts is especially nice for me. :)

And :wave: hiya Danny! So nice to have your input! :)

OK...sorry for this brief interruption. Carry on.

Does anyone remember at the Advanced Class at HQ around 2000-2001 (can't remember the year) where LCM spoke about different old sayings?

For example: a little birdie told me - this was a devil spirit speaking in your ear (or something to that affect)

We had to go to our study groups and make a list of all these old sayings and then we could see how devilish they were. Then he was going to compile the lists and give them out that night or something. Anyways, this never happened. Maybe somebody told him "he was off his rocker" or something.

I went tomy first rock of ages shortly after taking pfal. Maybe a few weeks.

So standing in line the LOOONG food lines my kids where playing and singing ring around the rosy. And we all fall down!

OK i know what the songs history is NOW!

trust me you would have thought my children were giving out the death itself. I was "confronted" many times till I told the kids to stop singing.

by singing a little song trying to be good in the heat .

that to me is just fear. the children did not know what the song was talking about I didnt know .. they were under school age.

but it was like I was holding a gun to the crowd and shooting radomly by allowing them to sing.

come on.

that whole devil spirit thing taught people to be paranoid and afraid . What good does it to be aware or know their names?

I do not think god deals with our life in such a way.

that whole devil spirit thing taught people to be paranoid and afraid . What good does it to be aware or know their names?

During the nineties, this is pretty much always what was emphasised. A boogy man in every contrary thought you might have about the Way, a debil sprite hiding around every corner waiting to jump out and say boo!

Death to you and those you love if you didn't whole heartedly believe and follow the Trustees. Maimings and accidents upon those who didn't travel 2 X 2 or didn't fill in their weekly activity reports or failed to follow what they had written down.

And i don't think I am over dramatizing here..........it was all about FEAR

Very devilish.............

justloafing...............and hey I thought old loyboy was getting some kind of new revelation or something. thanks for that little tidbit..........

Maybe this is a very OLD subject... but concerning devil spirit action... I do recall one rock of ages where a young girl/teen was involved in a whore type prostitute tent ring...?

Anyone recall? This teen was from my original fellowship. The mother, (whom I've been looking for and can't find) was severly punished for her daughters actions.

This woman was a great lover of God and his Word. She was into healthy living, did Massages for a living, grew her own foods, was an artist and had a few nude sketches in her home.

The whole ordeal came crashing down on this WOMAN.... but in REALITY, whoring around had been going on within TWI for many years already. The young girl was wrong of course, but the Mother didn't act this way, and she didn't allow this type of behavior at home... but somewhere on grounds the SAME type of behavior was going on with adults...

Same devil spirits maybe...

Did Tim M know of his fathers actions... maybe he was immitating his dad <_<

ps... the Mother was so convinced that LEADERSHIP walked with God, they must be right, and there must be something horribly wrong with her for her daughter to have acted this way. She was physically sick for over a year and could never seem to 'do' what the Limb Coordinator said she had to do to come back to fellowship... She told me I shouldn't call her, she didn't want me to get in trouble~ :realmad:

Safari,

A lot of folks got sick after (or during) major confrontations from Way leadership. I'm a nurse, and I can tell you that more and more I see how physical illness is connected with emotional balance. In TWI, there were many of us who had this constant battle within ourselves - we KNEW the things they told us were very very wrong, but at the same time we WANTED TO BELIEVE it and obey. That sort of conflict puts a terrible stress on the physical body. And then, if you got sick, they used your illness as PROOF that you were out of fellowship ... which led to more internal conflict, and so on and so on.

I hope your friend eventually sorted through all the lies, and resumed her good and normal self. Some people never could do that, and ended up with chronic health problems. Some died.

Was it devil spirits? Hmmmm. Well, if so, they came in the form of Way leadership. -X

Gosh Xena... can't find a crying icon...

For several years I knew her phone number by heart... she was the most tender hearted woman I've ever met. Well rounded in all aspects of life... never just the ministry, but all parts of life were important to her. She loved the bodies that God gave us, and looked for ways to take better care of them. She loved her animals and took good care of them. She had a severe Green Thumb... People who were hurting, she knew a way to help... she made dumpy little places look better than a magazine....

She always had something positive to say, usually the Word, it was right in her mouth ready to be spoken... even when all wasn't well... she could see the good...

She loved being with people, especially those that loved God.

Maybe she was a bit intimidating... too bold in areas that local WC had no understanding.

Oh God, where is she? I'm in tears~

During the earlier years VPW taught that cancer is caused by devil spirit possession because "cancer is a disease that has life of itself." First of all, I question this statement, because I work in a cancer hospital, and I've noticed that when a patient dies, the cancer dies also. Cancer is uncontrolled growth of cells.

There were probably more than the few people I can think of in TWI who were diagnosed with cancer and were basically castigated for not "Believing to be healed" and put down because they were obviously possessed or they wouldn't have cancer, now, would they? So in addition to expensive painful treatments and facing death, they were yelled at by leadershi* for being sick in the first place. This I initially saw in 1973 so it wasn't just LCM.

Such BS! How awful to know you are dying a long, slow, excruciatingly painful death and be told it is because you are possessed with devil spirits and not believing God for perfect health!

May the fleas of a thousand camels infest their armpits with my compliments!

WG :realmad:

A couple of comments on earlier posts.....MAYBE & I say, maybe...the naming for the alcoholic spirit thingie was designated because they were sure having a whale of a good time drinking!LOL (speaking of old devilish sayings..."whale of a good time")

Also the one thata always got me, that I still think of whenever I see "one" is "there's a devil spirit behind every statue'...compliments of my Corpse Wow Branch sister who was SOOOOOOOO wacko at times...

After reading DMiller's post listing the ds names... I'm reminded of meetings to correct the errors in our syllabus.

It was for a new class that ol Loy re-did (name of the class escapes me at the moment)... some pages absolutely had to be handed back in, they were bad or something, new pages were given out... some things were to be 'blacked out', and the correction written above it etc...

There was even a 'letter' to believers, letting them know the importance of this meeting. Of course to continue on your 'way', you had to do this, or new classes would no longer be available... :rolleyes: