GreaseSpot Cafe

where is GS Cafe headed? (iyo)

dmiller

There. That should be a spectrum that could be construed as objective. (I think). You have the Alpha, and the Omega. The beginning, and the end. The ultra-violet, and the infra-red. Plus -- the added bonus of choices in between.

By voting, you are affirming what this site means, to you personally, and not to me, or any one else.

And if you don't "pull the lever" publically, do so mentally. This site is either "up" or "down", if I read all these posts correctly.

I, for one, am going to cast the first vote. And you better believe it will be for the middle of the road.

We were told before that we couldn't, and we were on a train. That long black train.

I've switched to the train that says "I think I can."

Edited by dmiller

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

downhill fast

2 of my friends got banned...rocky, for no dang good reason that i can tell ...and dougie for typing the word "penis"...a perfectly good dictionary word of an anatomically correct body part.

then i tried to reply to a serious topic tonight and was unable to from my pc...

and i am never able to post a reply from my web tv....for some reason...in the last 3 months..

and all i see is pages of posts about rejection.

so let's see if i get banned now for voicing my opinion.

as you can see i am in a very ....y mood.

It has to be either up or down, staying the course is not an option?

As long as there comes along an occasional new poster, or for that matter a lurker to the caf?it is doing quite well. Perhaps just a state of *being* so that those looking at the lil defanged cult from the cornfields of Ohio can read is serving its purpose more than anyone can know.

This place and WayDale before has had cycles, times with nothing but in fighting and times of excited new posters, but I have to admit this recent cycle is,,,,,,,,,,,huh........to say the least one of the strangest I have seen.

I would like to kick out this thought for consideration, that being as the forum About the Way seems to some what die out from time to time, it might be indicating people are moving ahead and losing interest in their former life. That is a very good thing IMHO; and shows this joint is working and having an affect on people!!!!!!!!

Jen-o..............please don’t take just one side of the story; if you are upset or have questions get a hold of Paw. I have meet one of the posters you mention and I don’t just automatically turn on Paw because of my personal interaction with that poster. Heck I like the guy but also know Paw doesn’t fly off the handle and can easily be worked with................

well...things do look a little better in the morning light....like i said, i was in a rather ....y mood last night...

it all started because i had responded to what i considered a serious question...and my reply just disappeared into thin air....which frustrated the heck out of me.

and it is true that i have not been able to reply to a post from my web tv for the last three months...which thing i was able to do for years...and it would be nice to be able to sit on my couch and read and reply again...instead of coming up here to this computer desk.

and dougie and i were cut off in the midst of a private chat before i left for vacation....gee, does someone actually read what people write in private chat?

and rocky...who lives less than a mile from me and whom i have known since 1985 is a gentle soul who wouldn't hurt a flea, imho.

yeah...but things do look better in the morning light....the facts seem the same...just my attitude has changed.

all in all, i do enjoy my occasional visit to the cafe.

I voted "the little train that says 'I think I can'"... because I think that means:

quote:
Browse through our forums and read what people are saying about their experiences in TWI. Find old friends or make new ones. Elicit support or offer an insight. Share information or simply read and consider. The opinions expressed here are often passionate and while disagreements are not uncommon, the online Ex-Way community is a great arena for conversing and connecting with others. You may get caught in a food fight now and then, but unlike TWI, GreaseSpot Cafe is a place where questions are encouraged and people make up their own minds.
Which is just how it is.

Jen-o,

Unfortunately it is true about not being able to reply with web-tv. When I was looking for a forum I could not find one that included web-tv and had the features that I needed.

As to your disappearing post, I don't know what happened, but I would suggest that you copy the entire post before clicking on "post now"

Sorry, Dave - I can't vote in this poll because I can't envision G'Spot as a train. If I could I'd probably pick "I think I can....." BUT that implies the possibility of failure. GreaseSpot is a huge success!

I tend to think of G'Spot as a ship. Sometimes it's on smooth waters and clear skies and there's no wind....sometimes we're in a hurricane! But no matter what weather befalls us, We're still here and we're still afloat - and anybody who wants to can climb aboard. The only time I think this ship will sink is if and when Pawtucket pulls the plug on it and scuttles the ship!

I reckon people grow somewhat,they might discover some facts which free them to a degree,but much of the mindset remains and sticks with them till the day they drop.

Many people who have been out of the church for years are still bound by the methods and thought patterns they learnt in there.

Applies to ex dubs, applies to ExTWI too.

Now I can tell you where GSC is NOT heading.

It is not heading in a direction of changing mind set.

Lets say you have 4 ex JWitnesses here, that is a powerful influence, and if you have 6, even more powerful. Of course Ex dubs are different. Different mind set. A force like that is going to change mindset real quick.

But the ex dubs are basically disappearing from here at the moment.

So I guess the mindset will remain the same.

Refiner,

I'd like for y'all (correct plural of "you" icon_smile.gif:)-->) to stick around, or at least visit from time to time. I think you overreacted to the attacks against you, but you didn't initiate the hostilities, and you contribute in many positive ways, IMO.

I'm with LongGone on that one... although I don't know that I'd come around to some place much if I thought I wasn't welcome... Refiner, it doesn't matter if they're "ex dubs" or not, they're new people with new ideas... that may or may not change folks "mindsets"... I'll hear what ya got to offer and figure it out my own self!...

quote:
Originally posted by Refiner:

Now I can tell you where GSC is NOT heading.

It is not heading in a direction of changing mind set.

Lets say you have 4 ex JWitnesses here, that is a powerful influence, and if you have 6, even more powerful. Of course Ex dubs are different. Different mind set. A force like that is going to change mindset real quick.

But the ex dubs are basically disappearing from here at the moment.

So I guess the mindset will remain the same.

How will we ever survive without y'all? icon_rolleyes.gif:rolleyes:-->

I work in a cottage that has 4 girls from different backgrounds.( Native American, Hispanic, very poor, overweight, thin and different abuses.) The cottage is really to small to house such girls. They get in eachothers space, overstep boundries and have very little privacy. It makes for a very dynamic day and evening. I bring this up to make a point. Each one of these girls are wonderful and have their own uniqueness. One on One they are well behaved but in that enviorment it seems the worst comes out. And boy does it come out.

I find that individuals who are not given enough space and respect for who they are and what they believe, but rather are put in a box, can only retaliate.

We at GS determine how big that box is. I think Paw has been very accepting of alot of stuff and when he does do somthing that we disagree with, I believe it is in the best intrest of all.

I welcome fresh blood to the group weither they are ex-TWI or not. How else am I going to see things differently. How else am I going to get out of the box I have lived in for so long. When I bring my boxed up mind to GS, It is not right to expect others to live in my box.

If folks are trying to make GS fit into there box well...Good Luck. With as many deversified opinions there are that will never happen. Thank God. icon_biggrin.gif:D--> GS is where it should be at this time and I'm glad it is not in a box.