GreaseSpot Cafe

55 Million: All "dressed up" and nowhere to go

skyrider

Twi spends alot of time and energy to "dress up" its image..............but spends very little money doing so.

Twi spends countless hours practicing songs and dance steps..........but spends none on wardrobe.

Twi spends time mandating corps doctrine and discipline.................but spends meagerly at the limb level.

Once on the hook, the twi follower is opening his wallet before each class, after each class, during branch meetings, limb functions, advanced class special fees, and guest speaker gifts, and weekly abs, and twig refreshments and supplies, and gasoline for witnessing nights, sts tapes, and mags, and books, etc. etc.

At the top.......twi's bod sit smugly in their conference chairs dictating policy. While enjoying the constant adulation, they walk the halls of the OSC in comfort and ease. No stress. No strain. And, at the end of the fiscal year, Rosalie rewards these yes-men with bonuses. On the field.........the lowly "believer" is jumping hoops night and day, neglecting life and livelihood, trying to stand approved of twi leadership policies.

Preying on the small guy, twi is relentless. Like any scam, it works best when one is unsuspecting that he is being scammed. "It's the Word, the Word....and nothing but the Word" is a cliche that keeps guilt-ridden followers in a constant state of striving for the unattainable.

55 million and counting............the twi bean-counters are giddy with excitement.

:evildenk:

• Upvote 1

the way I'm starting to think..

55 million.. is SMALL POTATOS compared to any real legitimate busniess or organization..

they are so SMALL..

but still it's like.. *they* have been given the brief "opportunity" (gag, excuse me..) to actually do what's right with it.. maybe even do something "big"..

they think it is so BIG.. but it is so small..

in reality, it is NOTHING.. just numbers on a register somewhere.. the value of which is subject to the whims of whoever is a heck of a lot bigger than they..

does this make sense, or am I just rambling?

I dunno..

the local radio club.. has about ten thousand in assets..

no, we don't "throw it away".. there's a certain amount that we really NEED to keep on hand in case we need to replace the repeater we support.. but I don't think we are greedy by any stretch of the imagination.

There have been a few multi-thousand dollar projects that really deserve support..

so what do we do.. tell them "go to hell"? No.. it passed club VOTE.

we do more good with the few thousand we've been "blessed" with.. than twi has any claims of doing with MILLIONS in a lifetime..

the way I'm starting to think..

55 million.. is SMALL POTATOS compared to any real legitimate busniess or organization..

they are so SMALL..

Twi is SMALL POTATOES........because everything they do is SELF-SERVING, SELF-GRATIFYING and SELF-PRESERVATION. Twi does nothing for society. They bury all their "talents" in a hole and claim that they are "believing" God. Twi is a fear-based corporation.....captivated by fear of losing it all.

:evildenk:

• Upvote 1

With just three members (BOD), perhaps they should just go ahead and run off the few remaining lunatic fringe adherents they have left, then really live large...what do you think Rosie? Trips to the spa, plastic surgery, or imagine this...flagellating on silk sheets instead of those 300 count Egyptian cotton ones you have now?

• 2 weeks later...

Fear is the glue that is holding together what remains of The Way International today. And we all know what that means.

The nail that sticks up gets hit with the hammer. To me, that explains why they have repackaged themselves in Lawrence Welk clothing.

About that W.O.W. program. Was it a success, or was it a failure? Did it achieve its stated goal? If it did achieve its goal, where is my financial reward? If it did not achieve its stated goal, could WOW vets join in a class-action lawsuit for breach of contract?

At the top.......twi's bod sit smugly in their conference chairs dictating policy. While enjoying the constant adulation, they walk the halls of the OSC in comfort and ease. No stress. No strain. And, at the end of the fiscal year, Rosalie rewards these yes-men with bonuses.

What's this about bonuses?

Just a guess, Skyrider, or got some hard fact behind that?

What would they get a bonus for, anyway? Can't be for winning new people to the word, folks at HQ didn't get the opportunity, preaching to the choir/converted. Maybe because of the number of people they ran off...?

• Upvote 1

It always astounded me, when they were running people off, getting rid of "weakness" in the household, and just plain trashing everyone, that no one at the top stopped to think - wait a minute, how are we going to make up this cash deficit? - all of the money we will lose in the future? Where will it come from?

It seems they never did think about that.

Talk about stupeeedd people!

I can't imagine there's much coming in now. They will have to really steward what's left to make it last.

If they start being nice to people, inviting people they've thrown out back to fellowship - there's only one reason, and one reason only, they need an infusion of cash.

I wonder how much they lost with the stock market crash?

What's this about bonuses?

Just a guess, Skyrider, or got some hard fact behind that?

What would they get a bonus for, anyway? Can't be for winning new people to the word, folks at HQ didn't get the opportunity, preaching to the choir/converted. Maybe because of the number of people they ran off...?

Someone posted this information about a year ago.

• Upvote 1

It always astounded me, when they were running people off, getting rid of "weakness" in the household, and just plain trashing everyone, that no one at the top stopped to think - wait a minute, how are we going to make up this cash deficit? - all of the money we will lose in the future? Where will it come from?

It seems they never did think about that.

Talk about stupeeedd people!

I can't imagine there's much coming in now. They will have to really steward what's left to make it last.

If they start being nice to people, inviting people they've thrown out back to fellowship - there's only one reason, and one reason only, they need an infusion of cash.

I wonder how much they lost with the stock market crash?

When martindale was ramping up the "genuine suspicion doctrine"........after the homo purge (1994,95) was the destructive evil purge, then the unproductive evil purge, then the debt purge, then the dissenters purge who didn't agree that the word was over the world, then the full-time corps purge, then the not-crossing-over-the-bridge-to-the-promised-land purge, etc.

Yeah................stupeeedd leader yields more stupeeedder region guys.

Of course..........today, the smiles and invites are back. But golly gee..........who in their right mind would ever want to go back to this cornfield cult??? :evildenk:

• Upvote 1

When martindale was ramping up the "genuine suspicion doctrine"........after the homo purge (1994,95) was the destructive evil purge, then the unproductive evil purge, then the debt purge, then the dissenters purge who didn't agree that the word was over the world, then the full-time corps purge, then the not-crossing-over-the-bridge-to-the-promised-land purge, etc.

When I looked at my Corps list of who got bounced out, forced out, M&A'd, teminated, etc, all of them were people who either spoke out, were the quiet type, homely looking, odd or unusual personality type (not the bold leader mold type), were the humble type, had a physical impediment, or were'nt the ladder climbing manipulator-conviver-people user types.  

All of them were bounced during the Martindale legacy, I don't know how many were wrongly accused of being gay, I'm sure all of the expatriates were accused with trumped up charges designed to denote the offenders as not being "spiritual" or "leaders".  It is heartbreaking to imagine what those people endured.

Whatever Martindale-twi's ideas of what was considered a spiritual leader, I'm glad I'm not it, and no longer associated with such a destructive brain washing process.  

Edited by now I see

When I looked at my Corps list of who got bounced out, forced out, M&A'd, teminated, etc, all of them were people who either spoke out, were the quiet type, homely looking, odd or unusual personality type (not the bold leader mold type), were the humble type, had a physical impediment, or were'nt the ladder climbing manipulator-conviver-people user types.  

All of them were bounced during the Martindale legacy, I don't know how many were wrongly accused of being gay, I'm sure all of the expatriates were accused with trumped up charges designed to denote the offenders as not being "spiritual" or "leaders".  It is heartbreaking to imagine what those people endured.

Whatever Martindale-twi's ideas of what was considered a spiritual leader, I'm glad I'm not it, and no longer associated with such a destructive brain washing process.  

Just to be fair..........wierwille terminated a fair share of corps as well, but not in such a blatant manner or public setting. Yet, wierwille was much more cunning in "turning the screws" on someone and forcing them out and then throwing the label of cop-out at them. Plus, wierwille was likened "a general" who only had to suggest something......and his men followed out the order while wierwille stayed slightly removed from the situation.

In contrast, martindale had few of his mentors' discretions. Martindale was a bull in a china closet......openly displaying disarray and destruction.

• Upvote 1