GreaseSpot Cafe

Would you really come back if invited?

shortfuse

When donkeys fly! When monkey's fly out my butt
And all Greasespot gathers to watch and wait. :biglaugh:

Thanks Oilfieldmedic for the morning chuckle.

I don't have to clean my house, buy a .... (ooopps) load of toilet paper... bake (or think of what to serve), find someone to watch my childen for the leadership meetings you had to go to on top of the 3-4 times you met.
We went to a few fellowships... and the claws came OUT I'll tell you. It was the most horrible thing I've ever experienced. We were being WATCHED! Under a microscope I believe. This was the necessary treatment for those that had left, you understand ... We were grilled, and others were too. Let's see, that was back in the mid 90's...

I get the feeling when the "leadership" read the verse, "you are not your own, for you are bought with a price," they thought "the price" was their bible classes, and "you are not your own" meant "your @ $ $ belongs to us now."

Kinder? Gentler? Or is it that the "leadership" have temporarily backed off from their overt terror tactics in favor of more subtle intimidation?

Real change won't come until the Way's followers en masse come to the realization that:

Way "Leadership" is not "the voice of God",

Jesus Christ is the head of their fellowship (as well as their lives),

If a "Way edict" sounds stupid, it probably is, and they don't need to follow it,

If some Way employee or appointee becomes verbally or physically abusive, call the police. Restraining orders and lawsuits seem to have the most amazing calming effect on that organization and its enforcers. You don't have to take their s__t.

A "biblical research, teaching and fellowship" organization which discourages you from doing your own research (and possibly coming up with something different than that which they teach) ain't much of a research organization. Without that, what makes them any different from the myriad "teaching and fellowship" ministries scattered about?

I left the 7th corp, somthing i can THANK loy for

Returned to build the auditorium, "HQ" and the protocols set in place were so wacked out, religous, and "out of alignment and harmony with God's word" I would NEVER consider going there to hear their bs, fellowship, or associate.

They only have done one thing right in my book; thrown out all those who stood up for God's people, Loved God's people and and acted on Godly principle no matter how insignificant the act. That leaves "them" to waller in their own sh.... Leave them lie for everyone's sake.

I was ask to come back. They said all is forgiven and my mark and void mark in now removed. I did come back to the house hold fellowship. It is not the same I felt that I out grew the mininstry. They were nice to me overly nice. But they still put to much emphise on the devil . I thought they were blaming everything on Satan making Him more powerfull then he really is. I belive the reason L Griag Martindale went off the deep end was he say the devil in everyone. I did want to come back, but they have the same doctrine as before. I was not aloud to talk about my past with them. I notice I was watch and if I said anything that they didn;t llike I was remminded.

I can see now, why would I want to be blind again? :blink:

edited because..............

Edited by bliss

Welcome to Grease Spot Café, PaulTony - I'm glad you got out!...Hey, yah gotta try the French Vanilla Cappuccino here - it's better than the stuff at Exxon On the Run - and cheaper too.