GreaseSpot Cafe

The Ubiquitously Hidden Teaching of VPW

Mike

dizzydog,

Unlike my Natural/Spiritual dichotomy notes, I do happen to have my notes on the ?The Perfectly Renewed Mind? in e-form. Although it?s very late at night, and time is short, I can unload an outline form of the ?chapters and verses? for you. The following is something I compiled over a few years time.

An earlier teaching of Dr's that was made available, "Christ Formed In You," has proved to be very important in many ways. It connects with "The Love Way" teaching also mad available earlier. In "The Love Way" the phrases like "Jesus Christ self" and "Jesus Christ men and women" are the same thing as Christ formed in the soul, which is the topic of the first teaching.

Dr attached great importance to this advanced topic of Christ FORMED within the soul/mind, and in later years he re-did the teaching with the title "Forming Christ In You" and Walter also did a teaching with a very similar title.

There are many other places where this pops up with slightly different descriptions, and this topic needs to be worked extensively. The section below includes a long list of page references where I see this in Dr's books. The perfectly renewed mind is the same thing as Christ Formed Within.

I really enjoy moving on to topics like these, leaving behind the ministry meltdown topics. There are still many loose ends there, but I've found that as these light filled topics like Christ Formed Within are worked, more insights as to what went wrong back then can be better straightened out.

There is a very intriguing passage near the end of "The Bible Tells Me So" on page 193:

"(2)To be assured in the present that in the not-too-distant future "we shall be like him..."

Dr could have written this different. He could have written: "(2)To be assured in the present that in the future we shall be like him..." leaving out the phrase "not-too-distant." If he had written it that way it would then not have the intrigue I mentioned. So why did he put that phrase in there? Leaving that phrase out would be the way most of us would have expressed it had we been the writer.

Notice also he did not write: "in the uncertain, unknown, probably very-distant-future" which is the way some of may feel about this at times. What he did write was "in the NOT-TOO-DISTANT future." And that was written in the not-too-distant past!

Then there is that line in the song "The Mystery Train" circa 1976 where Dr's own voice narrates "Soon it will stop!"

First he writes "not-too-distant future," published in 1971, then he says "soon" in 1976. THEN what?

There is a mountain of evidence suggesting the Perfectly Renewed Mind is somewhat or totally available NOW. This is summarized in the following quote of Dr from his editorial in Sep/Oct'84 page 35, "The Royal Rules of Freedom." where Dr teaches I Peter 5:10 and the phrase "make you perfect" to set up the context for my quote. In column Three, midway down Dr writes:

"At those moments when you are active in love, you are perfect."

Below are many more "Perfectly Renewed Mind" references, but this seems to me to be an especially fundamental, and clear one.

This is only a partial list:

PFAL Book :

p. 89 - bottom "we are to be..." perfect.

90-92 - artios

201 - perfection in weakness

250 - perfect fellowship (2), perfect communion

257 ? (for Adam) life was perfect

306 - perfect fellowship

*331 - "When we let His mind be in us which was in Christ Jesus, we have a perfectly renewed

mind."

*337 ? walk confidently in renewed mind

*350 ? having the renewed mind

*353 - perfecting the saints in their walk and renewed mind

Vol I "The Bible Tells Me So"

* 9 ? can absorb, become part of us

183 - "... again in perfect fellowship."

193 - "assured ..not-too-distant future ...like him... perfect love."

Vol II "The New, Dynamic Church" :

25 - matured to the point..." TO THE POINT... !!!

30 - perfect love casts out fear, God made it possible to have

93 - able to live blameless

96 - it shall be done, new, p.97 "when we have renewed..."

195 - easy... willfully determine

210 - Having spirit from God makes possible perfect fellowship."

212 - if we keep our minds renewed... perfected in our minds

216 - perfect fellowship

219 - Thus, we who have this hope should..." pure as spirits.

220 - perfectly renewed mind"

221 - born again and have renewed their minds..."

227 - When believers begin to practice..."

229 - God's love is perfected in our walk as our minds are renewed."

229 - perfected in our minds

230 - perfect love casts out fear, God made it possible to have agape.

Vol IV "God's Magnified Word" :

11 - perfectly conditioned

*21 ? 22 - God enabled renewed mind, fig. many 'all's

26 ? having cast off all

81 - you've got to get fully persuaded... then you can do

86 - every weight. We do it.

88 - If and when we ...put God first ALWAYS..."

112 - more and more perfected" "learning ...perfection"

115 - lower - only one perfectly... "More and more we too.."

132 ? settled in the innermost resources of our souls

149 - whole page

200 - God wants ... become perfect.

201 - To grow to perfect man ...

201 - quoting Eph.4:13 "For the perfection of the saints..."

"more and more" - p.89, 100, 112 (3 times), 115, 167 (RHST p.9)

Vol V "Order My Steps In Thy Word"

7 - be thou perfect - twice

75 - and p. 77 - errorless

94 - up - "When... complete perfection."

104 ? need no correction (like Thess.)

243 ? habit conscience

248 - "...you are the light when..."

Advanced Class seg.#1 :

?Now, I would like to believe that, in this Advanced Class, you

will become and be a maximum believer. For so long, people have

listened to what men say, rather than what the Word says. The

reason, class, we have such a dearth of spiritual truth made

manifest today, is because man's words have gained ascendancy

over God's Word.?

"The Love Way" :

a self like Jesus Christ

Jesus Christ like

a love self

a Jesus Christ self

Jesus Christ men and women

"The Love Way" :

I have sometimes wondered what would happen if a man really

dared to go all the way out to the limit of love.

"The Love Way" :

Because the love of God had so set him [Paul] on fire that he

was an extension, a manifestation in the senses realm, of the

man who goes all out with the love of Christ. His very being

was saturated with the passion that sent Jesus to the cross.

"Christ Formed In You" :

"You and I have to so love, to have Christ formed within us,

that we are the demonstration of the love of Christ in the

renewed mind in manifestation."

"Christ Formed In You" :

"When this Christ is formed within us to the end that we

love with the love wherewith he loved, and people it is

possible, it is possible to love the unlovable, in spite

of. It is possible to so renew your mind that there is

absolutely nothing that any other Christian believer does

but that you still love them and don't criticize them and

find fault with them."

Way Magazine ?Masters of the Word? MJ?79 p.6 L low:

?perfect presentation?

Way Magazine ?The Believer and the Hoper? ND?82 p.11 R upper:

Way Magazine ?Counsel of the Lord? JA?75 p.7 R lower:

walk a perfect and powerful walk

Way Magazine "The Christian Family" May/Jun'84 p.4 mid column:

"The love of God in the renewed mind in manifestation

is the bond or cohesiveness which holds things together

perfectly."

Way Magazine "The Importance of Words in the Word" Sep/Oct'83 p.8 right, lower:

"If you'll watch the useage of words we've just studied and

really drill your mind to get the understanding, you will avoid

many pitfalls through the years. You must be alert to recognize

how accurately God uses specific words, and you must separate

out truth from error with a very great quickness of mind and

sharpness of your knowledge of the Word. Then you can use God's

Word that is sharper than any two-edged sword to cut out the

devil from your life and the lives of others around you by doing

the works that Jesus Christ did."

Way Magazine "The Royal Rules of Freedom" Sep/Oct'84 page 35, Column Three, midway

Dr teaches I Peter 5:10 and the phrase "make you perfect" to set up the context for:

At those moments when you are active in love, you are perfect."

Way Magazine ?Counsel of the Lord" JA'75 p.7 R mid:

"...we are to walk perfect and powerful"

this article supercedes Blue Book chapter

this quote not in book

Isa 26 perfect peace

Acts 18 way more perfectly

I John perfect love casts out fear

Sunday 10:30 am service 12-30-79 (tape available)

"Christ ego"

Way Magazine "The Royal Rules of Freedom" Sep/Oct'84

During the Power for Abundant Living class, and for some time after you got the knowledge of God?s Word in that class, you felt like you were supercharged with God Himself. At that time?during that class and afterward?the old timidities were conquered, and the lifelong habits of imposing condemnation and limita-tions upon yourself were banished from your life. You were motivated with a great inner desire to endeavor to change other people?s lives from the faulty pattern by which they were living. And your desire was for God to work in their lives as He had in yours and for His will to prevail in their lives. God was the divine pro-cess in your life but not the dictator of that process. You now had a new sense of time, and that was the sense of ??eternality?? which made it possi-ble for you to plant God?s Word ac-cording to its light and leave the rest in your life up to God. You had a new joy in your heart for the new life you had gained, and you knew that it was yours at a great cost to God.

Then, sometime later, the light of this initial enthusiasm and transport that had changed your life started to a great extent to fade out of your day-by-day working. But a vivid memory re-mained of what you had touched and been touched by in the class, and you realized that what you had been taught and touched by was real. You have said, ?Why did I lose that great en-thusiasm and passion for life and living and the Word of God and people?? And your heart has been asking for the key that would help you to establish contact once more and recapture in a more permanent way the experience of certainty you had felt.

If you want a clear, concise statement that will tell you how you can regain that experience of certainty and integrate it into your whole life, I Peter 5:10 is the truth for you. It is the lamp of revealing light, and it puts forth the concrete, specific rules that you have been seeking.

I Peter 5:10:

But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you.

This verse holds the unfailing technique for attaining union with the life and mind of Christ. Realizing this truth, you will no longer be in doubt concerning the path that leads to a true release from the bondages of limitation and doubt, but you will come to the realization of one of the great fruit of the spirit, joy.

?The God of all grace.? Other gods will let you down, but the true God, the God of all grace, will not fail you, and the spark in your life will not go out. The radiance will not fade, and you won?t be jumping from one thing to another. It is not law that you need, but mercy you need?a God of love, a God of grace, a God of understanding, a God of forgiveness.

?By Christ Jesus?? [this should read ?by Jesus Christ?]. You have to make Jesus Christ the center and work from him outward. He is the door. By him you can enter in and not only be saved, but go in and out and find pasture. That?s having total freedom and having the abundance-of-life pasture instead of the dry stub-ble of your previously restricted mor-tal life.

?After that ye have suffered.? You suffered religion?s bargain basements before you came into the experience of Power for Abundant Living. You suffered enough defeats with substitute religions, and PFAL cut the tangled knots of compromise which you could not untie.

??Make you perfect.?? Yes, in con-duct and behavior, in the personality, the character of Christian love, in the conduct and behavior of your life. Above all these things put on love, which is the bond of perfectness (Colossians 3:14).

At those moments when you are active in love, you are perfect. Walk in love (Ephesians 5:2). In this man-ner you can be in union with the God of all grace, for ?he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God? (I John 4:16).

??Stablish, strengthen, settle you.?? These three, but the greatest of these is settle. To be settled is to be established in the faith, strengthened in the works of believing; thus you can be settled in the grace of His love which is the final test of release and salvation. For I Peter 4:8 says that above all things you are to have fer-vent love among yourselves, for love covers a multitude of sins.

These are the royal rules to freedom. Here is the technique you have been looking for, the blueprint for your life. Just three bare, plain rules, but they are the charger and the guiding light for you as you go through life.

[This message was edited by Mike on June 04, 2003 at 4:43.]

Mike,

You will notice I edited my post after I found the phrase perfectly renewed mind in the PFAL book.

Please read my edited post for my comment on the renewed mind.

As far as your statement regarding the translations of the bible:

You wrote -

?In the film class (segment 16, page 127 in the book) Dr. says:

"No translation, no translation, and I want you to listen

very carefully; for no translation, and by the way that's

all we have today at best are translations. No translation

may properly be called The Word Of God... ..no translation!"

Then a minute later he repeats:

"Now I said that no translation, no translation, let alone

a version, no translation may properly be called The Word

Of God..."

Then several minutes later he hits it again:

"And in this class on Power For Abundant Living, when I

refer to The Word Of God I may hold the King James Version

or I may hold some other version and point to it; I do not

mean that version. I mean that Word of God which was

originally given when holy men of God spake as they were

moved by the Holy Spirit."

The paragraph I posted earlier was the next paragraph after this statement. Since you present this as proof of your assertions I will let VPW respond to you.

Page 128 -

"Since we have no originals and the oldest manuscripts that we have date back to the fifth century A.D., how can we get back to the authentic prophecy which was given when holy men of God spoke? To get the Word of God out of any translation or out of any version, we have to compare one word with another word and one verse with another verse. We have to study the context of all the verses. If it is the Word of God, then it cannot have a contradiction for God cannot contradict Himself. Error has to be either in the translation or in one's own understanding. When we get back to that original, God-breathed Word - which I am confident we can - then once again we will be able to say with all the authority of the prophets of old, "Thus saith the Lord."

You have repeatedly confused my devotion to the scriptures as being a devotion to KJV. I have NEVER asserted such a thing.

In PFAL VPW states that 85-90% of the Word of God can be interpreted in the verse from Genesis to Revelation. You have taken one thing he has said and used it as an excuse to discount the scriptures (versions, translations et al?) as being "unreliable fragments AND tattered remnants ?. Never mind the other two ways we have of interpreting the scriptures, in the context and where it has been used before.

Even if we don?t have 100% of the original Word of God using VPW?s own statistics we could still have at least 90-95% of it right within the versions you have slandered. 90-95% is not unreliable nor is it tattered, Mike.

And yet VPW himself says that in order to get the Word OUT of any translation or version we have to study those translations and versions. You state the translations and versions are "unreliable fragments AND tattered remnants?, VPW writes that God?s Word is still in those documents IF we study them. You can?t take something OUT if it is not IN there to begin with. Remember, ?Search the scriptures??

I am going to keep reminding you what you have said because I never heard or read VPW assert that the scriptures we have in any translation were "unreliable fragments AND tattered remnants?. If he ever heard someone make such a statement he would have blown a gasket. These are your words no one else?s. If PFAL is the Word of God as you have asserted then why not just speak the Word? Why add your own words to it? Why make statements that are not supportable? You are either lazy or propounding an agenda.

dizzydog,

If time were more abundant I?d love to get into all the points you made. Some will have to wait, though. For the few I can deal with this morning, I will have to resort to pasting in pre-written material.

One point is this: there is a difference between OBTAINING God?s Word and RIGHTLY DIVIDING it.

You wrote: ?In PFAL VPW states that 85-90% of the Word of God can be interpreted in the verse from Genesis to Revelation.?

If I had the time now I?d find the exact quote. Once we HAVE the Word, we can THEN see that it interprets itself 85-90% of the time. But, what about where we DON?T have the Word. There?s no guarantee that it all survived the first century reprobate copyists and the second century persecutions, nor a guarantee that any lost or distorted portions would get derived or straightened out by working the portions that did get handed down relatively intact.

Dr did sometimes talk about the non-authoritativeness of the existing manuscripts, and he even occasionally mentioned that academic collection of fragments is neither authoritative nor complete.

Here is a section of a recent e-mail with a friend.

>Having served at HQ and as a region leader, and having participated in

>numerous research sessions, a statement like "someday we'll find a text that

>substantiates this" was VERY rare, and always in the context of the Word

>interpreting itself, not Dr W prophesying without an obvious solid biblical

>basis. Do you have any of these statements that would show otherwise?

>

Yes. But it requires MASTERING the material, not just being familiar with it, before these page references will have the authority of proof in your eyes.

It wasn't all THAT rare Dr said those kind of things. I was NEVER in a research meeting with Dr, yet I heard statements like "someday we'll find a text" several times, even on SNS tapes. I think he was dropping hints for now, when we are supposed to be mastering the books. He was always dropping hints like "I didn't write the book" that could easily be associated with his books as the Bible.

For him to even ONCE say "someday we'll find a text" should have arrested the attention of all those around him. I remember being embarrassed or angry when I heard him say it the several times I did. I thought there was something wrong. It never fit for me. Now it does.

I have MANY, many statements in print and on tape that will fit into this picture of WHY we should be mastering the PFAL writings. Regardless if I succeed in proving to you this reason WHY we should master the PFAL writings, it's STILL THE CASE that Dr told us all to do it, and we all disobeyed.

Back to you, diz.

You see, there is NO authoritative texts in Greek or Aramaic. Even if there were, there?s still no official authoritative Greek scholar (or team) that?ll give us the last word on what was written. It?s all guesswork, often right, but wrong in unknown places, and incomplete in other unknown places.

Dr did teach us to work our 5-senses on what IS available. The KJV is a VERY good place to start. It?s approximate, and Dr tells us that often, and to change it in places, or ?scratch out? something that crept in. He did often tell us that this approximation was pretty good at times. We ALL knew the KJV was far from authoritative. Some of us knew that the ancient manuscripts were devoid of authority. It wasn?t talked about much.

Here?s another area where Dr indicated that the existing manuscripts were not good enough for those who wanted to go all the way with God. This is a paste from a previous post

It's obvious that I laid some pretty incredible ideas on you. These

things will become clearer as we obey Dr's final instructions and get down

to mastering those collateral books that came with the class. And who are

we to refuse Dr's dying last words to us?

The grand summary of all that I've attempted to communicate to you is

that those PFAL books are much bigger than we had ever dreamed, MUCH MUCH

bigger! They really are directly from God and far surpass what the King

James translation committee were able to come up with. That mere version,

and all versions are NOT really the Bible.

Versions can be close in some places, far in other places. Without PFAL,

the KJV and all man-made versions are powerless and flawed. Counterfeits

will, of necessity, contain some positive truths, but when the power is most

needed it will not be found. PFAL is God's way of making limp, opinionated

versions of the Bible come to life.

This same recognition of the man-made status of all versions applies to

translations as well, and even to the existing ancient manuscripts.

Remember that those manuscripts are not really copies of the originals,

they're mis-copies. They were made and preserved mostly by a reprobate

church, having all forsaken Paul, and they were all made under very extreme

pressures of persecution. The reason for the "critical" texts is to sort

through the massive differences in all the ancient manuscripts.

Even if we had THE original manuscripts, we'd still be subject to the

massive satanic influences residing in the teachers and schools of the

ancient languages which we'd depend on. Add to that dilemma all the devilish

evolution of languages and idioms and cultual, plus the overwhelming

religious bias we are all born into.

So when Dr said in "The Way Living In Love" page 179 (right after the

page on the 1942 promise), that the Word is buried, he meant that the real

Bible is NOT available outside that audible promise from God. He uses that

word "buried" there THRICE. Other phrases in that section include phrases

like "terrific need" and "so far from hearing" and "no one around to teach."

It's believing an illusion to think that we have a choice between the

Bible and PFAL. We simply don't have the Bible, only counterfeits. Just

because a traditionally respected book has the label "Bible" on the outside,

that doesn't change the pickles on the inside. And we really are in a

pickle ourselves if we are immersed in existing man-made versions of the

Bible without prior PFAL mastery.

Here?s the text of those cited pages in

?The Way ... Living In Love?

by Elena Whiteside,

with my ALL CAPS

pp. 178-181

"Then Rosalind left. It was the fall of the year. Kids were back in school already. It must have been September. I was sitting in my office, an old dentist's office just around the corner from the church where I served ? I'll show you that too when we get there. I bet you it's still there, though I haven't been back here since I left.

?I was praying. And I told Father that He could have the whole thing, unless there were REAL GENUINE ANSWERS THAT I WOULDN'T EVER HAVE TO BACK UP ON.

"And that's when He spoke to me audibly, just like I'm talking to you now. HE SAID HE WOULD TEACH ME THE WORD AS IT HAD NOT BEEN KNOWN SINCE THE FIRST CENTURY IF I WOULD TEACH IT TO OTHERS.

"Well, I nearly flew off my chair. I couldn't believe that God would talk to me." He shakes his head slowly smiling. "It's just too fantastic. People won't believe it. But He spoke to me just as plainly as I'm talking now to you.

"But really, why is it so strange? When you think about it, you see in the Bible that all through the ages God talked to people. God talked to Moses, to all the prophets. God talked to Paul. All through the centuries, God has talked to people in times of great need. And that's what we have today ? a terrific need. People are just so far from hearing and believing the Word of God.

?You don't get it in the theological schools. The Word is BURIED, just like it was in the time of Jeremiah. Oh, they had their priests, their higher echelons, their temples, their rituals. It all looked so religious, you know. But the Word of God was BURIED. Oh, they were teaching the people something -- they called it the Word of God maybe, but the Word was BURIED. God spoke directly to Jeremiah.

"The Word is BURIED today. If there's no one around to teach it, God has to teach it Himself. You see, I am a product of my times. God knew me before the foundations of the world, just like He knew you and everyone else. We were all in God's foreknowledge from the beginnings.

?God knew I would believe His Word. And every day I am more and more deeply convinced of this ministry which teaches people the accuracy and integrity of God's Word. Without this ministry the world would be in far greater spiritual darkness about His Word. There would be less light in the world. Where else but in this ministry do you find the Word of God so living and real? This is truly a time of terrific need." Doctor nods his head abruptly, as if to punctuate his urgency.

"Well, I couldn't believe that God talked to me right then. You see, God's right here. He always has been here. He is still here. And God is willing and able to reveal everything to anyone or everyone. But we are just unable to receive it. We don?t believe it. It's like, you can't pour a gallon of water in a teacup. It's just not big enough to receive it, take it all in. You have to make the cup bigger first. You build up the container, and then you fill it little by little. He fills us a little bit at a time as we can take it. He knows how much we can take because God knows everything. God doesn't waste His revelation on people who cannot believe it.

"Paul had to be tremendously built up to believe ?receive ? the mystery that had been hidden since before the foundations of the world. John, too, had to be built up to receive the revelation set forth in the book of Revelation. It's taken many years and a lot of trips and searching to build my believing to this point also. But God knows our hearts.

?Well, on the day God spoke to me, I couldn't believe it. But then I came to the point by the next day where I said to myself ? maybe it's true. So the next day I talked to God again. I said, 'Lord, if it's really true what you said to me yesterday, if that was really you talking to me, you've got to give me a sign so that I really know, so that I can believe.'

The sign we have comes from our obedience to master the books we were told to master.

quote:
...He was always dropping hints like "I didn't write the book" that could easily be associated with his books as the Bible.

For him to even ONCE say "someday we'll find a text" should have arrested the attention of all those around him. I remember being embarrassed or angry when I heard him say it the several times I did. I thought there was something wrong. It never fit for me. Now it does.

Oh, Mike, you don't really think he was talking about the PFAL BOOK when he said, "I didn't write the book," do you? And that he was hinting that the texts we are going to "find" were HIS? Mike, dude, you gotta get out more.

I was in on Corps meetings when he said, "someday we'll find a text," and it was always about some minor detail of Biblical accuracy. (I'd agree with your "region leader friend" on that one.) And he'd say, "I didn't write the book" right after quoting a passage in the KJV that proved the point he was making.

Mike, you gave me a chuckle today on that one. Thanks for the laugh. Now, go stake your life on something important.

shaz

As far as finding the exact quote look on pages 145-148. You will find I quoted it quite accurately.

Your long prose is not convincing.

I can still show someone from the scriptures how to become born again, manifest that Holy Spirit, understand the hope and all of the things that go along with it. Just as VPW did in PFAL. "The Scriptures tell us the truth about the Lord Jesus Christ, and about God: this is doctrine - it is right believing."

The "versions" we have still get the job done and still provides for man a way to be reconciled to God. Believe it or not I have not thrown the baby out with the bathwater and have taken VPW's encouragement very seriously.

You have conveniently ignored what VPW said on page 128 of PFAL.

"To get the Word of God out of any translation or out of any version, we have to compare one word with another word and one verse with another verse. We have to study the context of all the verses. If it is the Word of God, then it cannot have a contradiction for God cannot contradict Himself."

You are trying to back peddle away from this statement by saying now that "Dr did sometimes talk about the non-authoritativeness of the existing manuscripts, and he even occasionally mentioned that academic collection of fragments is neither authoritative nor complete." You don't have the quote, you cannot prove he ever said this so until you do don't assert this is what he thought. He may have said things like this but what he said in PFAL is that "To get the Word of God out of any translation or out of any version, we have to compare one word with another word and one verse with another verse. We have to study the context of all the verses."

I have shown you what was written in PFAL and you have ignored it, and attempted to muddle the statement by throwing in a long email you had with someone else.

You wrote:

"He was always dropping hints like "I didn't write the book" that could easily be associated with his books as the Bible."

Are you assuming this or do you know this is what he meant when he said it? If you don't know then don't give your assumptions. If it's God's Word he will say what he means and mean what he says.

OK so we need to master those books. This does not make the case that the scriptures we have no longer contain the Word of God.

Speak the Word Mike not your ideas or feelings.

Everyone - I have to admit, I haven't paid as much attention to what Mike has written as I should have. This morning, I was reading through things he has posted concerning the "Christ formed in you/perfectly renewed mind" business, and I came across this beaut of a passage (April 28, 2003, 19:48, about half-way down page 13 of this thread).

"I describe this topic as 'advanced' for a few reasons. One is that this 'Christ' within (a la Gal. 4:19) is NOT the same as the familiar foundational topic 'Christ in you the hope of glory.' The Col. 1:25 type of 'Christ in' is pneuma hagion, holy spirit, the gift that does not affect the mind, because this 'Christ in' is in the spirit catagory, while the mind is in the soul catagory.

"'Christ in you the hope of glory' is a free gift requiring believing in the Lord Jesus Christ and that God raised him from the dead. Prior to this believing, people received this gift with a nautili [sic - Steve] man's mind. After this believing it's STILL a natural realm oriented mind. This Christ is created in a man.

"Christ FORMED within the mind is something spiritual happening in the natural realm. This Christ is formed and grows in a renewed mind according to the accuracy of God's Word. This Christ formed within is the new man, the self like Jesus Christ, It's Jesus Christ like, it's a love self, a Jesus Christ self, and it's found only in Jesus Christ men and women. This Christ is FORMED within a man's soul.

"This new man is advanced. He's God's REAL masterpiece. From the 5-senses perspective, receiving pneuma hagion where there was none before is a masterful stroke of grace on God's part. But the 5-senses view cannot contain the advance Christ Formed. From God's perspective, the REAL masterpeice is this Christ formed in the soul. It's the NEW spirit mentioned in the 'Are You Limiting God?' chapter in the Blue Book.

"The advanced Christ formed within fits well (while Christ in the hope does not) with this phrase from Part I of 'The Love Way' posted last week: 'Your spirit must have the privilege of meditating in the Word.' This indicates that it's not 'pneuma hagion' Dr is talking about, but the 'spirit of God' that's born into the SOUL catagory, a different, later process from that created spirit we were first taught. This spirit is capable of 'meditating' in the Word, a mental process, not in the spiritual catagory of holy spirit. This advanced Christ formed within is the NEW man and the NEW spirit. It's one notch away from the spiritual body.

"Notice also from Part I of 'The Love Way' above that the REAL man is described as 'your spirit.' Again this can't be pneuma hagion, but something even bigger. This spirit is fed by the Word, not SIT."

Well, what can we learn from this?

First, Mike's "advanced Christ formed within" is a spirit, but it isn't the gift of holy spirit. It never even claims that it IS holy.

Mike's "advanced Christ formed within" is "God's REAL masterpiece", not that puny Pentecost stuff. It makes one a NEW man, a self like Christ, Jesus Christ like, a love self, a Jesus Christ self. It will make one a superman, an ubermensch. One of the devil's first lies was "...ye shall be as gods." Now he's up-graded to "...ye shall be as Jesus Christ."

But it's not for everyone. Ordinary Christians don't have the "advanced Christ formed within." It's found only in "Jesus Christ men and women." Do you see how the spirit dwelling in Mike's mind inspires his noted air of condescension?

Christ in you, the hope of glory, is a free gift. Not so, the "advanced Christ formed within." Mike describes receiving this other spirit, "...it's not 'pneuma hagion'... but the 'spirit of God' that's born in the SOUL catagory, a different, later process from that created spirit we were first taught."

There is a process involved with receiving the "advanced Christ formed within" spirit that is different from, and comes later than does the process of receiving holy spirit. Mike doesn't give the specifics of this process, but he does write, "This Christ is formed and grows in a renewed mind." A person receives the "advanced Christ formed within" spirit by mentally committing himself to a particular way of thinking.

Mike wrote, "This spirit is capable of 'meditating' in the Word, a mental process not in the catagory of holy spirit... This spirit is fed by the Word, not SIT."

From some of Mike's postings on earlier threads, we know that his conception of "meditation" does not include the use of critical thinking. One gets comfortable and quiet and allows the "advanced Christ formed within" spirit to whisper its interpretations, bizarre interpretations with only tenuous connections to reality. It appears to have an aversion to holy spirit and speaking in tongues.

I believe Mike's "advanced Christ formed within" spirit is a demon or demons, exercising influence over those who accept their twisted interpretations.

But it's still not too late, Mike. If you turn back to God's truth through the Lord Jesus Christ, and stop playing around with those demons' perverse ideas, they will have to leave you, in the name of Jesus Christ!

Love,

Steve

Mike you have made the case that the scriptures are not God's Word anymore.

Being bound by them is no longer an issue, you can say anything you like and based on what you believe God has worked in you, you will declare.

I believe what you are endeavoring to do here is the same thing the adversary has attempted to do since the fall of man. Steal, kill and destroy God's Word. Get people to doubt God's Word and subsequently believe it is no longer valid.

You have asserted PFAL is the replacement for the scriptures but PFAL itself declares the inportance of the scriptures. And you can twist it anyway you want but you cannot change what was written in the PFAL book about God's Word.

You write very LITTLE of the scriptures in your million word march through this forum. God has a reason for everything he says and he says it in a way that even a child need not err therein. Your posts are long, and have little scripture to back them up.

As a WOW surely you remember being trained to open the Word and provide chapter and verse for what you witnessed to people. It is a shame that this lesson has been lost on you here in this forum.

Steve,

You're definitely on to something.

Remember that the Pentecost stuff is only a token.

I also suggest more thorough reading. It's been obvious that you have been missing many details in my posts.

[This message was edited by Mike on June 04, 2003 at 18:34.]

dizzydog,

You can't go into a store or library and put "The Scriptures" into your hands, ESPECIALLY if you aren't fluent in Aramaic of Greek.

?The Scriptures,? as taught in PFAL, are an abstract entity. The originals have been lost. What we buy in stores or read in libraries or are taught in a class are APPROXIMATIONS. In some situations they will do us well, in others not.

I am very much bound to recognize an authority bigger than me: the PFAL writings. In every specific practical case, the same bounds you see in your ?authoritative? scriptures, I see in PFAL or the KJV verses printed within. I cannot say anything I want; I?m bound to what is printed in PFAL, which is in most cases identical to KJV Bibles.

I am no longer bound to any theologians or scholars! Hallelujah!

What I am endeavoring to do here is NOT the ?same thing the adversary has attempted to do since the fall of man. Steal, kill and destroy God's Word. Get people to doubt God's Word and subsequently believe it is no longer valid.?

Just the opposite, I?m saying that the small doubts that should have plagued every PFAL grad scholar (or near scholar) for decades are now gone.

God has not only given us an authoritative reissued set of His Words, but He ALSO has, from within these inspired PFAL writings, verified that the Biblical remnants we have had handed down to us WERE INDEED all along God?s perfect Word, before being cut up with men?s knives and thrown into the fire for 2000 years.

You seem bound to a theology that says God is forbidden to get anything in writing when it comes to these modern centuries. Your dogma cannot tolerate God?s intervention to reissue any or all of His Word. Your dogma will not allow God to inspire perfect writing, even to assist His children as they try to sort through which theologians or scholars they can trust THIS decade to be their necessary middlemen to the ancient scriptures.

Dr wrote of these attempts by men to forbid God such license in the Introduction to the Appendices in RHST. Look closely because it?s deliberately ambivalent as to whether Dr is referring to PFAL as ?Scripture? or the traditional Bible :

?If we believe that throughout the Scriptures we have the words of God

and not of man, many difficulties will disappear. We must allow the

Divine Author the rights and privileges claimed and operated by every

human author?that He may quote, adapt, or repeat in varied forms His

own previously written or spoken words. God could have used other

forms had He chosen to do so, but it has pleased Him to repeat His own

word or words, introducing them in different contexts, with new applica-

tions and connotations. Thus it obligates us to study the context, the para-

graph, and the section where the same word appears, and where it was

used previously, to see if it is used in a different sense or not.?

If you simply admit that there are SOME unknowns, difficulties, and uncertainties in the hand-me-down scriptures (and your Wide Margin notes will testify to this), then you may allow yourself to try on for fit a solution where God makes a major move in 1942 to correct what scholars have not been able to correct. If you are able to temporarily don this set of beliefs, and do as Dr suggests and master PFAL, then many difficulties will disappear.

If we believe that throughout the PFAL writings we have the words of God and not of man, many difficulties will disappear.

[This message was edited by Mike on June 04, 2003 at 18:31.]

[This message was edited by Mike on June 04, 2003 at 18:32.]

Mike:

Please wake up. Steve and Dizzy are trying to help you. Please listen to them and read their posts. I can tell by your answers that you are not listening to them. For example, Steve told you clearly in his last post that you have a religious demonic spirit of pride and arrogance that is affecting your judgement and ability to think rationally. I agree with Steve. It is time to put off your religious pride and arrogance in the name of Jesus Christ. In the first place your religious rationale is not going to work here. There are to many people here that are very wise to your brand of religious idolatry. Some are actually spending the time to try to help you in God's love. Please wake up.

To all those reading this thread. Mike needs prayer. I don't know if he wants healing, but he still needs prayer. Mike if you are reading this I command in the name of Jesus Christ that any religious spirit of pride and arrogance be lifted from your mind and way of thinking. That you can think rationally and with great meekness towards Jesus Christ the Son and God his Father. That you can truly interact with love and humility towards your brothers and sisters in Christ and to all people regardless of what they believe about God, the bible or religion in general. This is my public prayer for Mike and confession of faith.

"If we believe that throughout the PFAL writings we have the words of God and not of man, many difficulties will disappear."

Yeah, difficulties like critical thinking. Ohh such a burden that must be!

icon_rolleyes.gif:rolleyes:-->

Prophet Emeritus of THE,

and Wandering CyberUU Hippie,

Garth P.

www.gapstudioweb.com

Mark or Steve,

We can meet on the phone or in person anytime.

I?m not a devil nor do I have one.

You are displaying fear. You?re afraid to do what Dr said to do.

Change the subject all you want. Attack the messenger all you want. The message is of God.

P.S. Mark, Don't .... with the name of Jesus Christ that way. Take your phoney command and shuve it~!

Mike:

I am thinking of you out of love and concern. I have no fear. Your subject matter is a broken cistern and full of idolatry.

Well, at least I prayed for you. If you don't want to believe my prayer that is your choice. The name of Jesus Christ is not a phony command. And I want to be very honest with you. This is what I believe about you. That you need deliverance. I say this without any anger towards you. Perhaps you don't want this deliverance. I have seen this all before.

Furthermore, the fact that you reject my simple prayer with such a hard hearted attitude speaks volumes about you. If someone were to pray for me for greater humility and meekness I would thank them. Instead you curse me.

[This message was edited by Mark Sanguinetti on June 04, 2003 at 20:26.]

Mike - You wrote, "We can meet on the phone or in person anytime."

No, Mike, we will keep our discussion public, where everyone can witness what transpires.

You also wrote, "I am not a devil nor do I have one."

Your description of the "advanced Christ formed within" spirit fits demonic influence to a "T". And remember, Mike, you yourself wrote, "You're definitely onto something. Remember that the Pentecost stuff is only a token."

Yes, but a token of what? The Word of God says it's a token of the spirit of resurrection life in the age to come, not a token of "advanced Christ formed within" demonic influence.

Mike wrote, "If you are able to temporarily don this set of beliefs, and do as Dr suggests and master PFAL, then many difficulties will disappear."

If you are able to temporarily don this set of beliefs, and do as "Dr" suggests and "master" PFAL, then you too can open your mind up to "advanced Christ formed within" demons, who will gladly whisper sweet nothings in you ear, and tickle your fancies of becoming super-Christians... better yet, even, Christ himself! Not only will you will be blinded to many difficulties, you'll also be blinded to the light of the glorious gospel of Christ.

Praise God for His mercy and goodness! Praise God for His glory and grace!

Love,

Steve

I've heard this all before here.

I have no hatred to people here, I only hate the error that's torn up our family.

I?ve gone over all of your objections to my doctrine for 5 years before posting here.

I simply maintain to you folks that you never really finished taking the class. You got a skewed version of it, and missed mountains of truth. I?ll just keep posting the evidence. Soon I?ll be posting the Natural/Spiritual page references and some samples of the hotter texts.

It?s because I love you folks and want to see you all healed and SOON that I post these things we ALL missed. I simply offer it as an alternative healing method to the Grease Spot managerie of methods.

My method is simple: Master PFAL in it?s pure book form to straighten out all the many twisted TVTs you all are stuck in, broken cicterns that can hold no water.

The objections to my method are myriad, and require much time and writing to unravel. Fine, I can discuss lots of details as I post my data.

What I won?t tolerate is TWIish bully tactics like Steve and Mark recently displayed, with ds discernment as the ultimate weapon.

I faced down lots of clergy and Corps henchmen who were so logic starved they had to resort to intimidation techniques like you guys just tried on me. Save it. I?ve been through those hysterics many times.

Not only are you vying for the Craig Clone Awards, but you?ve all resorted to the EXACT same techniques trinitarians would resort to on me in the 1970?s, when I?d come up with verses they could answer. You're pitiful!

Since the early 70?s I?ve been through the being prayed for AT LEAST 20 time! Devil spirits diagnosed 10 times.

Pretty soon one of you spiritual cowboys are going to do a razzle dazzle Six Gun twirling act: the BORN OF THE WRONG SEED act!

Who will be the first to try THAT one? You amateurs dismay me. Go start your own threads with your own solutions. I?ll just continue posting my solutions here. I?ve got a backlog of HUNDREDS of posts from all you folks to still answer, so feel free to just go your own way, and I?ll continue posting my way here.

If I have to I?ll resort to my James Bond hi tech Dodge Gadgetry keeping one step ahead of your comic book spiritual attacks. Chick Tracts could use a few writers like you.

Now where WAS I before the exorcists started jumping up and down and burning incense?

Oh yeah, we were discussing if my message is contradicting what Dr said.

My contention is that you all have a dim memory of what Dr said,

and a deficient memory of EXACTLY what Dr said.

Just to refresh those stagnant memories,

lets look at something we all once not only believed,

but dedicated our lives to.

These are all the three appearances of I Thess 2:13 in the PFAL class.

In all three Dr makes a link between the his own authority to teach the Word,

and Paul's authority to teach the Word as mentioned in I Thess 2:13.

Plus, in two of these three links between Dr's authority and Paul's authority, the PFAL class is specifically mentioned as Dr's Paul-like teaching. These quotes are from the film class soundtrack:

Session 12

And, in my classes on Power For Abundant Living, nobody ever gets missed, because, if you're in this class, you've heard the Word, you've believed God's Word, God is always faithful. And nobody ever misses, if you'll do exactly what I tell you to do, right down to the minute detail.

It's like, in I Thessalonians, chapter 2, verse 13. Remember where the Apostle Paul said:

"I thank my God, that, when you received the Word of God which you heard of us, you received it not as the word of man, but as it is in truth, the Word of God."

Now, if you'll be as honest with God as that Word of God says, you too can walk into the greatness of the manifestation of the power of God.

But, if you think this is just V.P. Wierwille talking, you'll never get it.

But if you know that what I am saying -- it's V.P. Wierwille saying it, but these are words which the Holy Ghost has spoken and is utilizing and speaking to you through my ministry and my life, then you too will manifest forth the greatness of the power of God.

Segment. 11

You see very few of us have gone back to the Word, we have gone back to men. And we have said well what did Kant say, what did Plato say, what did Aristotle say, what did this theologian say, what did this man say, what did this other person say? Class, back to the Word! The Word and nothing but the Word! For it's this Word which is the Will of God! That's right, bless your heart.

Look at I Thessalonians, I Thessalonians chapter two; Acts, Romans, Corinthians, Galatians, Ephesians, Philippians, Colossians, I Thessalonians; the same trouble tonight I had before, this India paper is just a little to thin to find all these scriptures so quickly; but they're in here.

I Thessalonians 2:13 listen to this:

For this cause also thank we God without ceasing, because, when ye received the word of God which ye heard of us,...

You see they received the Word of God which they heard of Paul it was Paul's vocabulary but what he was speaking was God's Word.

But to the senses ears the people could have said, "well that's Paul talking, that's just Paul, yeah that's just Paul."

Like they say, "oh, that's just Dr. Wierwille, yeah..." I've heard that, no, no, no.

I Thessalonians 2:13:

...thank we God without ceasing, because, when ye received the word of God which ye heard of us, ye received it not as the word of men, but as it is in truth, the word of God, which effectually [which effectually] worketh also in you that [do one thing--go to church every Sunday morning, sit in the front pew and shout glory hallelujah, believe in all the social action programs; no a thousand times no. Works effectually in those who do one thing. What?] believe [believe].

Segment 13

Let me show you something from I Thessalonians two thirteen, listen to this:

I Thessalonians 2:13:

For this cause also thank we God without ceasing, because, when ye received the word of God which ye heard of us, ye received it not as the word of men, but as it is in truth, the word of God, which effectually worketh also in you that believe.

You know, you may have the Word of God, you may know the Word of God but it does not work effectually in people. It does not work effectively with power until we do one thing. Believe. You believe that Word and lo and behold you speak that Word and it produces the same results today that it has produced at any time in the history of civilization since that Word has been given.

You know, the Bible says that we are to abide in the Word. We are to abide in the Word and we're to let this Word abide in you. To the end that we abide in the Word this Word takes the Master's place in our lives through our renewed mind and then it becomes our vocabulary but it is God's Word. We speak, this is our vocabulary, we speak the Word but as we speak the Word it is God's Word. "I thank my God that when ye received the Word which ye heard of us ye received it not as the word of man," sounds like it, "but as the Word of God which worketh effectually in those that believe."

This Word of God cannot be broken, that's right. Just cannot be broken, not one iota of it can be broken, for what God promised He is not only able but willing to perform and that whole Word fits like a hand in a glove.

You see it is this Word of God that really thrills a man. In Luke chapter twenty-four. Matthew, Mark, Luke, let me just check this with you. Luke twenty-four listen to verse thirty-two:

Luke 24:32:

And they said one to another, Did not our heart burn within us, while he talked with us by the way, and while he opened to us the scriptures?

This was speaking about Jesus on the road to Emmaus after the resurrection as he spoke to these men. He opened unto them the scriptures. You see how their hearts thrilled, how their hearts burned within them because he opened to them the scriptures.

I've never seen a man or a woman or a boy or a girl in these classes on Power for Abundant Living whose soul just has not thrilled with an effervescence and with an abundance and with a glow when this Word of God started to unfold, started to fit like a hand in a glove. It made sense and how their hearts burned within them. How they thrilled at the greatness of God's Word!

This brings the count to about 5 or 6.

I mentioned a few times I?ve found about 90 ?Thus saith the Lord statements? of Dr?s that he put into the record. I count this set of passages as three. There?s 85 to go. Most are pretty subtle. Either we never heard them, or we gradually got talked out of them. We all heard these words many times.

[This message was edited by Mike on June 05, 2003 at 2:32.]

With all due respect, I think a few here are beginning to sound rather off-the-wall and frayed around the edges on this thread...except for maybe Garth, who's kept his sense of humor.

icon_smile.gif:)-->

Now it's come down to Mike having a "demon" (!?)

I don't particularly care nor agree with many if any of Mike's ideas or opinions, or of his approach/zeal/stubbornness - no more than I agree with others or they with me here - but such is life in America, and in an exway forum.

Yet if it be assumed that Mike is spinning his brain in Wierwillian delusions (and of his interpretations thereof), then are you (we) really being any further away from the orbit of Wierwille with this demon stuff?

Step back and take a breather guys. You're much better than this, I think.

Mike - I can only reiterate the idea I offered earlier several pages back - out of respect to others and to yourself - and in view of the considerable volume and length of writing you pour into these posts - you should seriously consider starting your own website. Perhaps you might be able to organize and present your views and ideas more comprehensively than what you're attempting here.

Danny

[This message was edited by TheInvisibleDan on June 05, 2003 at 3:02.]

Doing an "exorcism" on-line seems a bit much, and I think Mike's reaction would be the same (indignation) whether the diagnosis was correct or not, so his rejection of that "solution" doesn't prove anything one way or the other.

Ad hominem attacks are unneccessary and add nothing to the discussion, nor do accusations of possession or mental illness. On the other hand, some of the assumptions and allegations from Mike's side could be done without also.

That all being said, Steve's and Mark's rebuttals of Mike's positions and assertions are the best that I've seen in a while. They use Mike's own words, as well as Wierwille's words, (which Mike reveres) to make their points. Instead of attacking Mike's premise with logic, which many of us have tried in the past, Mark and Steve have been utilizing Mike's premise to attack his conclusions. It's all very logical.

No surprise that Mike isn't buying it though.

Oakspear icon_cool.gif

"We...know how cruel the truth often is, and we wonder whether delusion is not more consoling"

Henri Poincare

Thanks Dan,

I'm for a breather. As for a lone website, that would miss my point. I see HERE a lack of awareness of many details of what happened to us all. I want to address that lack where it occurs. THIS is where PFAL grads congregate to talk. If I have to I'd do it, but this is where my family of grads meets and talks. There's no other place like this.

Thanks Oakspear,

Good logic. I don't mind challenges to what I say. I wish I had the time to deal with all of them. One at a time. But not to get bogged down and miss data posting time.

You're welcome, Mike.

If you started a website, it need hardly

be a "lone" one, - nor would it be necessary to abandon forums -because there are a number of ways you could make known your site, such as providing a link to it beneath your screen name, along with any topics.

If you haven't worked on webpages before, it's quite easy and not difficult at all, esp. if you have Word or Wordperfect.

And you can add to it each week. And it's a lot of fun. If you decide to give it a go, you may wonder why you hadn't done it much sooner.

Danny

For those who missed it,

Mike accused others on this thread of being

"logic-starved". I thought that was too funny

to miss.

--------------

Mike,

I asked a simple question before.

You seemed to say earlier that you were going

to address Steve's question soon. I asked if

that was true, and if so, roughly, when.

About 24 hours later, you were attacking Steve's

character and accusing him of different things.

(I don't mean a few hours ago.) Looked like you

were now saying you WEREN'T going to answer his

question.

Please declare in plain English.

Will you be addressing Steve's question about

realms superceding each other?

If so, roughly when?

-----------------------------

BTW, Mike, for someone who claims to have

"no hatred to people here", you have felt very

free to toss around insults the entire time

you've been here.

Those who've disagreed with you, and presented

LOGICAL, REASONABLE positions, you've called

unfit reasearchers, you've all but called us

all charlatans, you've claimed, sight unseen,

that only YOU have done sufficient amounts of

research on a variety of subjects, mostly

vpw's writings, pfal, Bible research, and

surprise forays into various hard sciences.

You've basically said we're all unable to read,

and that all conclusions we've reached that do

NOT agree with yours are invalid. You've

lumped all disagreements with you, including

logical discourse, into the category of

"personal attacks". Perhaps some were-but so

were many of yours, and you feel yours were

perfectly justified.

It's so much easier to simply claim

"you can agree with me, or you can be WRONG!"

and claim all disagreements with you are parts

of some demonic conspiracy (go back a page-

you DID imply that, buried in a lengthy quote),

since it absolves you of all responsibility to

be intellectually honest.

Since you arrived, you've CLAIMED you examined

everything we object to for "5 years" before

even showing up here. That's a good trick-

especially since much of the evidence has come

out in the past YEAR-including right under your

nose. You closed your investigation before all

the facts were in.

However, your answers to all the objections

that have been raised have largely been

evasions.

Here's a summary of your responses to the

"rape" issue.

A) I don't believe he did it.

B) Whatever he did wasn't a big deal because

we needed him since he's "The Teacher",

and we can excuse him of indiscretions since

he was indispensable.

C) Any other guy would have done the same in

his position.

D) I refuse to let myself be distracted on this

issue.

Here's a summary of your responses to date on

the issue of whether or not vpw got special

revelation in 1942:

A) vpw said he did, so he did.

B) You can't prove he didn't.

C) The proof is that we got results from his

writings-that could not happen if he had

not been assigned the special God-dude.

D) The current proof he did is somewhere in

vpw's writings.

E) I refuse to let myself be sidetracked with

this issue.

On the subject of the pfal class being largely

a re-editing of BG Leonard's class, with

whole sections of JE Stiles' book on the Holy

Spirit and EW Bullinger's "How to Enjoy the

Bible" added, and NOT, as he stated so

unambigiously during that same class, the

result of countless hours between himself and

God with ONLY a Bible as reference, and only

AFTER taking all his other reference books

out to the "town gehenna, where the fires

never go out", and dumping them in the city

dump, where they could NOT be used as

references for the pfal class, you've been

singularly silent.

Whole sentences and paragraphs seem to have

been lifted, word-for-word, out of their works

and EW Kenyon's works. As far as you're

concerned, God dictated the entire thing to

vpw, with no regard to what the other authors

wrote.

Frankly, if I wanted to master pfal in it's

REALLY pure form, I'd do the best job by

memorizing BG Leonard's class, Stiles and

Bullinger's books, and rounding out with EW

Kenyon.

Also, I think it's about time you came clean

about the process of "mastering pfal" you

keep mentioning from time to time.

I asked you about it before, and didn't expect

a straight answer. I got a partial answer, which

surprised me. Your answer was that to reach

mastery, one step was to memorize the pfal

books. OK, not a shocker, but you actually

addressed my question, sort of.

(The real question was not how to get there,

but what the target-goal WAS, what can a

"Master of PFAL" expect?)

The other part of your answer slipped out when

you were addressing Schwaigers.

You took Schwaigers to task about actually

using other materials besides pfal as source

material. You said they should dismiss all

other source material. (Not for a short time,

as advocated in pfal, but for an indefinite

period.)

So, putting the 2 halves together, here's what

the picture looks like.

A person seeking "mastery of PFAL" must

memorize vpw's PFAL books. They must read them

backwards and forwards, and be able to recite

them whole from memory, able to quote them

page-by-page on any subject they address.

A person seeking "mastery of PFAL" must

absolutely eliminate all other sources of input

other than the PFAL books. NO other Christian

writer is to be trusted, no Bible is to ever

be cited-or sighted.

Once those 2 tasks have been accomplished, the

acolyte has now reached a state where he has

discarded ALL information that could possibly

interfere with total devotion to PFAL, and

possibly discredit it at any point. Having now

ruthlessly eliminated any contradicting data,

the acolyte is now ready to dogmatically assert

that PFAL is the be-all and end-all of things.

It's certainly the be-all and end-all of his

life, since he's discarded everything else.

To those of us glad to be thinking for

ourselves, such a process seems remarkably

similar to brainwashing, and indoctrination

into a cult.

But, Mike, go ahead.

If I've misrepresented the process to

"mastering PFAL", please clarify EXACTLY what

I said wrong about it.

Does it NOT involve wholesale memorization?

(That's essentially the answer you gave me

previously.)

Does it NOT involve discarding and dismissing

any and all materials not directly relating to

PFAL, especially anything refuting it?

(That's essentially the answer you gave

Schwaigers before.)

Go ahead-declare it plainly.

Is this exactly what you meant to say? If not,

EXACTLY what's the difference?

No, don't tell me, let me guess...

"You've misrepresented me. You do not wish to

honestly present my side, and so you distort

it. I refuse to address your questions, since

they're intellectually dishonest. I have other

matters, more important, to address, and I'm

too busy. I refuse to discuss this in the

discussion forums I post in."

Well, Mike? Are you going to invoke the same

old cop-outs (see the previous paragraph), or

will you level with your readers?

Those are simple questions, and I KNOW you're

online. This won't require a lot of research,

just a statement of your position.

Are you going to answer, or run away?

Hello Mike:

I don't even believe a person can be born of the wrong seed. I think that is one of the errors in Wierwillian theology so that argument won't work with me. I have taken a fresh look at a lot of scriptures over the years since leaving TWI and it has been very helpful.

Really Mike, I don't think you are purposely evil. However, it is obvious that you rarely listen to anyone on this thread even though many people have brought in many good points both with scripture and with logical reasoning. All this, at least to my eyes, does not seem to have helped you. What are we on the 19th page of this and we are still on square one. Thus at least Steve and I think it is a demonic spirit that has you in your religious rut and is hindering you from seeing the scriptural help and understanding that many people here have offered you. I don't say this out of malice. And if you want help all you need to do is pray to God for deliverance in the name of Jesus his Son.

I really have no new answers for you other than what I and others have already stated. Apparently, you don't even think you have a problem that others have seen. People here have been very patient with you, yet you continue in your religious ways. If we did not care and this includes Steve and I, we would not say anything to you at all. However, we really do care and are trying to help you, but you seem to have rejected it all. Your choice. I am not one to try to convince someone of something against their will.

Dittos to what Mark said, except I reserve the right to continue backing your advanced Christ formed within "spirit" into any corner appropriate.

My experiences with demons and their influence came long before my exposure to PFAL. They came because I was trying to explore the astral plane to find the akashic record. God delivered me when I reached the end of my rope and, out of desperation, called on the name of the Lord. When I did that, I was alone, not involved *any* kind of active Christianity.

You yourself described the advanced Christ formed within "spirit", Mike. All I did was call a spade a spade.

Love,

Steve

P.S. - I notice you've derailed your own thread again. If you had spent the time you've been gassing about Dr's (a lie in itself) authority and Paul's authority on winnowing your 80 or so supporting passages, you might have found at least one to post by now.