GreaseSpot Cafe

More on the Latest Rag

Belle

More on the latest rag:

Articles – if this ain’t proof that nothing has changed, then I don’t know what is.

Trusting God, Our Source of Abundance: We can expect to receive what God has promised us from his word

By: Felicia Adams, WC grad of 1984 serving with her husband in International Advanced Leadership Training at hq.

Anchoring Our Minds with the Stability of God’s Word

By: Rev Rich Prewett, WC grad of 1990 and BC in S.WI

The Benefits of Believing Together

By: Jeanetter Lomax, WC grad of 1994 serving in International Outreach Dept. at hq

Prayer: A powerful part of outreach

By: Rev Ray Weidenhammer, emeritus Family WC II and is a HFC in Dunedin, FL

Liberty to Serve in God’s Love

By: Brian Moynihan, WC grad of 1996 serving on the President’s Cabinet at hq

(Is that a full time job? What does that mean he does all day?)

The Eastern Lamp

By: Bernita Jess, emeritus Family WC I, has contributed to our ministry in the fields of Eastern customs and Aramaic research at The Way International since 1964.

Is that misleading if she has been booted from hq?

The Foundation of Parenting: God’s Word

No author mentioned

WC Training update by Bolchak

2005-2006 Leaders Meeting & RC Weekends

Letters

Anything in particular you want more on?

Anything in particular you want more on?

Yeah, actually.

Anything from either the

"Trusting God, Our Source of Abundance: We can expect to receive what God has promised us from his word"

article, or the

"The Benefits of Believing Together"

article that correlates receiving from God with giving twi money,

or obedience to twi as a requirement for the "benefits",

or statements where God is REQUIRED to provide what you wanted

because you believed for it.

I'm expecting AT LEAST ONE of those tired old cliches will be there,

and if all 3 are there,

I'm awarding myself "The Hat Trick."

(Or should that be the "Trifecta"?)

WW, I'm shocked that this article doesn't have anything about money in it!! It's the same ole, same ole though. I could have typed this in my sleep. :sleep1:

Trusting God

She starts by saying that she loves the words to the chorus that “we sing in our wonderful ministry: God any rivers you think are uncrossable, got any mountains you cannot tunnel through…..”

God is the source of our abundance, she says. There is nothing too hard for him. Jeremiah 32:27 …. All abundance that’s available for us originates from God. There’s nothing that our God is not able to do for us according to his word.

2 Cor 9:8

And God is able to make all grace abound…..

She wants us to read the verse out loud, emphasizing the words “all”, “always” and “every”. It’s like God proclaiming from the mountain top, she says, that he is able to be our complete sufficiency.

She wants us to build even greater confidence in our God by exploring first how to trust him involves not leaning on our own understanding and how he has given us access to his rich abundance in the name of Jesus as well as how God wants us to seek him boldly in all areas of life.

Examples and instructions are all over the scriptures on trusting God. Prov 3:5 “Trust in the Lord…” Abraham was a great believer who trusted God and got the abundant blessings of God. He didn’t lean on his own understanding.

Gen 18:10-12

Abraham and Sarah had passed the normal time in life to have a child…. Same story they always tell…..about five or six paragraphs I’m not going to type – y’all already know the drill.

“Even though we learn many useful things from the environment and our experience, information gathered by the five senses is not always reliable or true.” There is only one source for truth that is always reliable and that’s God and his word. This is why we want to grow our believing so that we can have more confidence in the detailed instructions of God’s word and his unlimited power. Let’s look at a couple of records where Simon Peter didn’t trust his five senses only.

First, Jesus taught God’s word from a ship belonging to Simon Peter….

Luke 5:3-5

Jesus gave specific instruction to lower the nets (more than one), but Peter (she keeps saying “Simon Peter” – is this a new rule??) decided because of his five senses that there wasn’t any reason to let the nets down. He only dropped one net.

Luke 5:6-9

Peter saw that he didn’t believe fully what was made available but rather leaned on his own understanding. This is a great reminder that we want to listen to and obey godly instructions that we are prepared to receive God’s abundance. (hmmmm….. and where does that “instruction” come from, I wonder?? Jesus? Naw, didn’t think so…. )

We build trust in God and avoid exclusively using our own understanding by studying and applying the principles in God’s Word. Then, we practice the word ourselves, we build our confidence and grow in our expectations of what we can get from God. Peter learned obedience, built his confidence and became skilled at carrying out instructions properly.

John 21:5,6,10,11

As we continue to observe, obey and faithfully practice God’s clear communication to us, we remember to keep our senses from lowering our expectations. Instead, we trust God.

The second aspect to consider is that we can claim access to God in the name of Jesus Christ. “the way truth and life” – “no name under heaven given among men….” It is the name of JC and none other that we are saved and thereby brought into the presence and power of God.

She starts telling a personal story about being in Ireland where she was raised, her husband and she stopped to use a phone at a hotel owned by an old family friend. The lady didn’t recognize her after so many years, but as soon as she mentioned her family’s name the lady gave her a huge smile and a big hug, asked about “mama n em” ;) The lady gave them the honeymoon suite and a five-course, silver service meal. They got the best she had to offer.

She gained access to far more than they expected because of her family name. It’s an example of how we don’t always get the benefits we have access to. That’s how we utilize the name of JC by which we have access to God.

Eph 2:18

Eph 3:12

“Access” means leading or bringing to the presence of anyone. Through JC we have boldness and access to plentiful goodness. When we use JC’s name, we believe and claim our access to the abundance of God. That’s when God can open doors for us.

Acts 3 contains the record of a man at the Temple gate called Beautiful….. same story as always ……

The man believed and followed the instructions. We have access to God’s abundance (physical, wholeness, mental soundness and spiritual abundance – in the name of JC.

JC said, “ I am come that they might have life…” MORE ABUNDANTLY!! These words are already saturated with a liberal measure but God wants us to have it MORE than abundant.

We have seen that we grow in confidence as we learn to trust him and not our own five senses. Then we saw how to use the name of Jesus. Now we will consider the supplier of our needs, God, wants us to seek him and to approach him with boldness and assurance.

Heb 4:16

God promises to supply all our need “according to his riches in glory” He is absolutely willing and able. The riches of God’s abundance are solid and trustworthy, now and throughout eternity. As his kids we come to him boldly knowing that he will provide and furnish us with every necessity of life and more!

God provides us with all our need: food to eat, clothes to wear and much more! A record in Matthew shows this:

Matt 6:26, 28, 29, 31-33

Fowls of the air…..your heavenly father knoweth that ye have need of these things ….”

God provides for the fowls of the air and carpets the earth with his beauty….. Instead of seeking wealth and riches, we seek God first before everything else, and he adds all good things for our blessing.

God is the ultimate provider and his abundance encompasses every aspect of life. We pray confidently knowing that he will hear and supply our requests. We don’t need to be anxious about anything.

Phil 4:6

At times we may find ourselves in a situation where we lack wisdom on how to proceed. God promises to provide this need too.

James 1:5

God gives liberally. Psalms 119:105 says that his word is a lamp to our feet and light to our path so that it imparts wisdom. God’s word gives us wisdom so that we can move forward confidently.

God’s will for us is to trust him wholeheartedly because he loves us and wants us to enjoy his storehouse of overflowing abundance. When we ask him to meet a need and we believe, we are absolutely going to receive far over and above what we dare ask or think.

Eph 3:20

God rejoices every time we boldly believe his true and faithful promises like Abraham. Like Peter we grow in our expectations and like the man at the temple we claim God’s wholeness in the name of JC.

Receiving God’s abundance involves trusting him rather than leaning to our own understanding. He has provided us with full access to his gracious abundance in the name of his son.

With God, rivers are crossable; with God, mountains can be tunneled through…. Expect to receive God’s goodness and his bountiful blessings.

These are a snore fest because Rosalie wants them that way. Ultra-simple, not deviating from the well worn, established teachings stated in well worn, established ways. There are still some left that would write relevant, interesting articles but these would never make it in the Way Mag, at least not without some serious editing.

Shortfuse, why? :blink:

That makes no sense whatsoever?

She's intentionally boring people to death?

What happened to the "research" part of their big fat claim?

Is that why Sunday services are the same boring drivel, too?

:) Thanks! I concur! :biglaugh:

Another question:

Is there an epidemic of illness in TWI? I was reading through the Sunday service highlights section and was surprised at all the teachings on health. (In my own paraphrased words)

April 9 – Steven Daniel

There’s no limit to the healing wholeness that God can bring to our lives when we simply believe his word. It’s his will above all things that we, as his kids, experience his prosperity and his healing wholeness in every category of our lives. Our God is a God of love, deliverance and healing.

April 16 – Tom Mullins

JC came so that men and women could enjoy life to the fullest, have a spiritual connection to God, could walk in peaceful confidence, that we could have robust physical health.

April 23 – Aaron Hampton and Mrs. Lou Guigou

Our getting healed isn’t dependent upon our genetic history, the circumstances, the environment or the culture. Our healing is dependent upon God and the word of God and the accomplished works of JC. It’s a done deal because by his stripes we were healed.

We can weigh any challenge in our lives against the power of God in Christ in us. These healings in the Gospels took place when JC could be at only in one place at a time. Today wherever there is a born-again believer, Christ is present. He demonstrated that the power and authority of God is greater than the power of the adversary.

April 30 – Mark Ladwig

It is God’s will that we live vital, healthy lives. He never meant for his people to be sick or defeated in any category of life.

Where there is sickness, disease or anything that binds or imprisons, the same God that brought to pass healing in the first century church is also able to do the same today.

May 7 – Chris Zona

In order to receive deliverance in health afflictions, we put God’s word on in our minds according to how it relates to the situation. … We see that the joy of knowing and understanding God’s word brings us strength as we continue to act and receive the victory.

Belle, this sounds like Edward William Kenyon, Kenneth and Joyce Copeland, Joyce Myers, Benny Hinn,,

Kenneth Hagins Sr. and Jr., and Joel Esteen of Lakeside Baptist(Texas), and Robert Tilton Thomas with Word of Faith movement which merged with Pentecostal/Assemblies of God denominations and other groups like Vineyard Ministries, Freedom In Christ, and Alpha(John Wimber, Neil T. Anderson, and Nicky Gumbel) except the last 3 people mentioned are more interesting in personality-wise. Teaching is not neccesarily wrong but, new examples are needed. :sleep1:

TLB, ROFLMAO!!! I think you nailed it, my friend. :wink2:

Abigail, I read through that last night and it sounds exactly like all the other teachings from Donna and I can tell this is going to be the "expected" schedule for families now that the article is out. It's at home, but I'll definitely type up a comprehensive synopsis of it.

The one thing I did notice in this rag, supririsingly no mention of money or tithing in the whole rag. I think this has GOT to be a first!! First time I can remember this being the case, anyway. Maybe back in the 70's or 80's they didn't talk about money in every single magazine if not teaching, but that certainly wasn't the case in the 90's.

That's really going to put a crimp in our drinking game if they keep it up. :unsure:

I also noticed that they are calling themselves Ambassadors again. Hmmmm........ <_<

After reading your synopsis of the article it seems like a nicely written very benign article. I didn't mind reading it over and once again being remiinded of how God wants the best for us. I agree that it is a rehashing of what they have been teaching for years but consider the audience.. I don't know of any scholars who stayed around the TWI all these years. I'm sure the research dept brain pool is a little on the shallow side. (Maybe as a result of the polluted Gene Pool) If the mag doesn't hurt anyone I'm sure that maybe it could help someone.

By the other token the gal that wrote this article i'm assuming was a 12th corpse grad. If this is the best she can write after 22 years I think she needs to spend some more time reading the Bible and a little less time thinking about Ireland.

Edited by Out There

We build trust in God and avoid exclusively using our own understanding by studying and applying the principles in God’s Word. Then, we practice the word ourselves, we build our confidence and grow in our expectations of what we can get from God. Peter learned obedience, built his confidence and became skilled at carrying out instructions properly.

See bolded words above. To me, not "exclusively using our understanding" implies we should not think or reason or believe in our own perceptions, which sets one up perfectly to be controlled.

Then the emphasis on obedience adds to that scenario.

It's also very vague to me what the alternative to not thinking for oneself is exactly. Letting others think for you?

Belle - in response to your question about a lot of illness in twi. They have been doing teaching series on sns. i.e. deliverance, healing, abundance, believing etc. They usually last a month or so and each teacher brings to the table what they have experienced in that catagory along with scripture.

The tape series that charged $4.00 for each tape - I think that those are from individuals who volunteered their time on staff to teach to their long suits.

Last time I was there, I spent a weekend and kinda went exploring. I came across sign up sheets for all these different classes you could sign up for or you could put on your own.

Topics were things like how to ................

crochet/knit

hand made cards

helping your child with homework

put together a car maintance schedule

natural health care

saving money

teaching your children about money

public speaking

writing

learning new ways to do bible research

I can't remember anymore but you can get the idea. It looks like they've taken the ones without the need for visual assistance and let everyone have access to them.

Hope that sheds some light on the subject!!!!!

Have a great weekend!!!!!!

Oh ya - I forgot about one more thing......... I heard that the reason everything is so milky is that they are trying to make it simple enough that a twelve year old can understand it. I heard this was said from a current region co-or who was all upset that his "article" had been sent back to him several times "revised".

When he asked about it, that was the reason given - this is third hand info. or maybe forth - anyway that is what I heard.

If you think about it, it makes a lot of since to gear your material to the only people who are taking your classes. Way kids!!!!!! but the last time I was twelve or in my teens I didn't waste my time on things that bored me.

Teens have a lot of passion and enthusiasm and crave info. that will fuel their creativeness. Not boring way mag articles with clique phrases that really say nothing. Why not have teens write articles for teens - or atleast people who have their individual ministry geared toward the younger ones.

I still think that is has a lot more to do with getting their butts sued off or afraid of saying the wrong thing.