GreaseSpot Cafe

the way's double standards

excathedra

dottie matrix made me think of this

there were so many double standards when we look back

people getting thrown out of the corps for having 3 drinks, yet veepee drank Drambuie like it was water

people screwing around single and/or married, yet the top dogs were, oh how can i even explain

i can't even imagine the homosexual purge.... i wasn't there.... top top leadership watching people's lives destroyed when they are homesexuals (this is not judgment time, this is double standard time)

there are so many more.....

Excie ~

I think that's the hardest thing for a lot of people to reconcile. We had a new gal show up in chat the other night. Young gal who's dad was an early leader and she was asking a lot of questions - - like - - was it like this? was it like that?

My answer? Depended on what city, state, country you were in and on what day, full moon, or year, or decade. Depended on whim, willies, witches and what else? ;)

The inconsistencies - - to the sweetest of people who were the salt of the earth - - was the most difficult. For toughened street folk who didn't buy into some of the crap (later on), we'd just say PFFFFFFFFFFT and move on. But it really bothered many of us too.

The two-facedness, the hyposcrisy, the out and out deception.

Sucked.

J.

The greatest leaders are first and foremost servants...you know, washing the feet of the disciples.

Yet WE were the ones to babysit, clean their house, help them move, do their yardwork, wash their clothes, serve them food and let them go first in line, split mints for them, let them have the best parking spots, keep their glasses filled and "save" them from having to converse with folks they didn't care for....... <_<

We were supposed to "believe" to stay well and to not trust psychiatrists and therapists (aka "rent a friend" according to lcm) but he was on anti-depressants and constantly going to the doctor, seeing chirproactors....

We were supposed to live on a "need basis" which mean no cable for most of us, but the WC even when living on TWIt paychecks had cable to the max. :blink:

We were supposed to live on a "need basis" which meant driving clunkers while the full time WC were driving the latest and greatest in brand new vehicles.... <_<

We were supposed to live on a "need basis" which meant not wasting money on gym memberships while Dottie took watercolor and dancing classes and Bob paid for an annual membership to the local swimming pool/gym/park. :unsure:

We were supposed to live on a "need basis" which meant not wasting money on gym memberships while Dottie took watercolor and dancing classes and Bob paid for an annual membership to the local swimming pool/gym/park. :unsure: [/color]

Yeah, Boob and Dootie Monkeyhinds just seemed to live in a parallel universe! How easy it is to tell people about sacrifice, and not preparing for retirement, etc. since you know you're set due to inheritance.

The homo purge was absolute BS! It involved "genuine spiritual suspicion" whatever the heck that is. I think one woman in WA was declared to be a lesbian because she drove a pickup truck! There was nothing fair about it. The double standard? Whether or not you were declared to be one or not depended largely on who you had irritated lately. Or whether the quota of M&A'd people had been met by the miniMOG of your area or not. I didn't personally know anyone who got caught in the net of the deceived over this issue, but I'm sure a lot of hearts were trampled into the dust.

WG

Oh God all of this double standard stuff rings so true where I was too.

Our boys couldn't even call there own sister by her shortened name or go on the other side of the barn except under strict supervised work. And if they so much as looked at a girl....oh crap

But the leaders sons did no wrong!

Oh geeze, WG - your post reminds me of how my ex was treated in WC training.

FIRST they accuse him of calling his non-TWI girlfriend back in SC and, for some reason I've YET to understand, it was very wrong for him to do that. They went so far as to make him turn in his phone records to make sure he quit calling her...... THEN they dismiss him from training because JANET MYRACLE accused him of being gay! :blink:

WTF???? HOW on earth, if he's calling his GIRLfriend do they come to the conclusion that he's gay????????????? :wacko:

Belle,

In retrospect, if any perceived human qualities were observed, they were considered weakness, and were exaggerated beyond belief in order to persecute the hapless target into leaving or become sufficiently frustrated, upset, and angry to give them an excuse to M&A.

Jesus never once M&A'd someone or forbade them to come to him if they were actually wrong. He did, however, have a lot to say about the Pharisees and their hardness of heart. THEY were the ones who accused, railed against, examined each mote of dust. They were legalistic, self serving and self promoting. Sound familiar?

WG

I have one

A guy friend of mine was invited to a LEADERSHIP drinking party at TWI where everyone was snockered. Top leaders all drinking like nuts.

Many of them drove back home or walked if it was close by. Well, this guy got in an accident and was thrown out of HQS. he should have known not to drink so much! The guy making the biggest stink was a booze guzzling screwing everything-

j

a

c

k

a

s

s

Leader.

This just about ruined the heart and soul of my friend.

Or a guy left the field and his father died and one of our Moggies said it was because he left the field and didn't stand committedbut when V----- father dies it was because he walked with God and it was an attack on his stand committment or something.

People die.

A single woman could be a Twig leader, even branch leader but when she married she was only allowed to teach women's fellowships and children's fellowships.
Never saw this, even through 2001. The married woman, even if ordained, was always second banana to her husband, but plenty of married women taught all kinds of fellowships, even as far as Sunday meetings at the auditorium.

The homo purge was absolute BS! It involved "genuine spiritual suspicion" whatever the heck that is. I think one woman in WA was declared to be a lesbian because she drove a pickup truck! There was nothing fair about it. The double standard? Whether or not you were declared to be one or not depended largely on who you had irritated lately. Or whether the quota of M&A'd people had been met by the miniMOG of your area or not. I didn't personally know anyone who got caught in the net of the deceived over this issue, but I'm sure a lot of hearts were trampled into the dust.

WG

I left in 87, before the homo purge happened...it must have really been something. Martindale was so homophobic, that he probably saw "homo spirits" in his dreams...or maybe it was just Donna...sneaking off towards Rosie's room. :biglaugh: