GreaseSpot Cafe

Name the ideal Greasespotter to run TWI

Eagle

If you knew anyone from the Grease Spot Cafe that should be running TWI, please give that person an honorable mention. And what kind of changes would you think that person would make there?

Eagle

I nominate Geo. Aar. He'd shut that puppy down as his first and last act as Prez of the Way.

Seriously, I think the time of twi has come and gone. I see no point in trying to "make it better" or "salvage" it, even by the most loving, wisest, most wonderful GSer we could think of (and there are many). Others may disagree, but that's my opinion.

Back in the late 60s and early 70s, churches just weren't reaching out to the youth of the day. Services were stodgy. Many had declared that God was dead. The USA was in a state of upheaval, and young people were searching for answers. Twi was a small part of a much larger movement that responded to those times.

Today, churches are much different. There are many places to go if one wants to worship in a church setting or in a home fellowship, and some just worship with their families. And of course some choose not to worship at all, which is their choice.

The twi of today is nothing more than the residue of days gone by. Why sit on an ash heap trying to find a few coals buried there when you can reach for the stars in freedom?

(Eagle, I don't think you're suggesting that you'd really like to see twi revived...these are just my thoughts in response to your question. Maybe you would or maybe you wouldn't...don't want to assume anything.)

Edited by Linda Z

I'll do it. My first act would be to close the whole damn thing down and give the farm back to the family. Then comes the millions of dollars they have put away. For example.

Paw, you would have the biggest and best web site design that money could buy.

Raf, would have his own weather station.

Roy, would have the biggest baddest church around to preach from

Exie, would have the biggest and best house around and make that little boy that came over and said your house was not nice be ashamed of what his house was like. Maybe that would teach him to accept people for who they are.

Belle, you would get a hurricane proof house.

Radar, You get the biggest sancuary that would house 100's of elderly animals. It would be like the Emerald City.

To all that I did not mention. You will not just have your needs met but your wants too. After all God's people deserve the best and the Lord knows you deserve it after being in the hands of twi

Edited by justloafing

Justloafing,,,you rock.

Hopefully no one will have to experience something like TWI again, beware it might sneak up on us as one world government.....

This is a statement I'd like to share written many years ago:

Run the straight race through God's good grace.

Lift up thine eyes and seek his face;

Life with its way before us lies,

Christ is the Path and Christ is the Prize.

J.S.B.Monsell,1863.

I think Raf as President, Paw as Vice Pres and Wordwolf as the Research guy like whats-his-name was Walter Cummings

I will not campaign.

If nominated, I will not run.

If elected, I will not serve.