GreaseSpot Cafe

Thank you ALL

BikerBabe

Those who don't visit chat will have no idea what this is about, as I've never posted about my life openly. I have been in a marriage that wasn't normal and due to no insurance, I've had less than needed health care. I'm now at 80 pounds and very weak.

Being too scared to talk to many about what I was going thru, for fear I would be ratted out, I spent 8 years inside the apartment, behind my computer, never saying anything. I finally did start to talk in chat to the wonderful people there. They all have supported me, uplifted me, listened to me whine and were just there, until I finally walked away from the marriage this past week and moved in with my best friend.

Now I start the process of learning what a normal life is like again and get the state medical care I'm able to receive since I now have no income. I will make the decision later if I will go to the ER and risk being admitted or just wait the month and do the normal appointment interview at their office to get the medical.

Thank you again for your love and support. I'm not really sure if I would have made it mentally without everyone's help.

Re: Whether to wait and go through lots of red tape.--------8 years seems like more than long enough,(just my opinion)------There is an old song by Buzzy Lindhart(sp?) that goes like this: " The time to live is now. You could be riding on a big brown cow. The time to live is now." ---Did you get the bike tie in?---Cow(Kaw.)?

No, David, I'm going to bite you in your knee .. dern tall people anyway!

Sorry if I wasn't clear on the medical. I either have to be admitted to thru the ER to get it right away, or wait a month after putting in the paperwork and go thru the approval process. I'm debating if I really want to be stuck in the hospital over just waiting and going to their office for the appointment. I have already talked to my doctor, so he's aware of what's going on and is cool with whichever method I end up doing.

The thought of many invasive medical tests and all that I will have to go thru isn't fun. Worse will be if they decide they need to remove another foot or more of my small bowel. I know it's filling with scar tissue again, but have no idea how bad it is this time.

I'm leaning towards going to the ER and just doing the application there, but not pressing for an admission and following up later at their office. I'm so weak I would prefer to just relax at the new place for a couple weeks, then start the tests that will totally take all I've got.

The peace here is incredible. No yelling, no screaming, no bugs, no mess, a big comfy queen sized airbed to lay on and watch TV .. yes, we had a TV given to us to watch! I have so many years to catch up on to learn what's popular now and who's who. (Then I won't be so dumb and lame in chat when y'all mention popular stars by name.) I have my stereo here too and have been playing music.

Of course my beloved Cleo is sitting on my knee as I type this and Elmo (her mate) is sitting on top of the bird cage looking stupid as normal. LOL. I put a little table next to the counter where my computer is so they can get from it to me without help. They are really digging it.

The bike is in the closet for now. (Bike and computer were first things put on truck when I left.) We're gonna try to get one of those hang from the ceiling bike hooks for it to spare up some room. Once I get on the meds I need, then I will start to ride a little bit as often as possible and start to get stronger. I see out the window a nice quiet neighborhood behind us I can ride in to avoid traffic on the main roads.

My best friend, Jeff, has been my rock thru this. He told me he'd help me get away and take care of me until I could make it on my own. He's done that and I can probably never thank him enough. There aren't many young men out there that would go to this extreme to help an old lady they met online. He's a diamond in the rough.

He's a diamond in the rough

He's got all his facets and polishing from where I sit! He's a brilliant gem.

I hope to be around to see you gain 20 pounds....at least! And I'm glad you're free and can live in peace. That in itself is a joy and a blessing.

Yes, Jeff is so wonderful. He bought a lot of food at the store yesterday, so I now will learn how to eat more than once every day or so. I'm not used to that, but I know in time it will feel normal again.

Peace is something I'd dreamed about, but hadn't had in a long time. Sleeping in the living room as I had been all those years, I had to try to sleep around all the noise and I was woken up on the average of once an hour every night. I remember lying down last night in my new bed and feeling all warm and cushy. That was around 9:30 pm. The next thing I know I was waking up and it was 11:30 am this morning! That was the first night in many, many years I've slept straight through. I can really feel the difference and can't wait to get more nights just the same. :) Jeff said he'd woken up once and watched a little TV to go back to sleep and I never moved a muscle I was sleeping so sound. LOL. He told me before he left for work he could see in my face how much more rested I was after just one solid night of sleep.

I used to wake up every day and dread living. Today I woke up and looked forward to what the day would bring. I even got an email from a local I post with on a news forum (gamers section of course LOL) and he wants to take me to Starbucks next week for coffee. I had mentioned I'd never been to one and he wants to treat me. :) I'm thrilled to say the least. We're gonna try for next week when he isn't so busy at work. I think I'm gonna like my new life and being able to go places and do the things most take for granted daily that I haven't been able to do in such a long time.

:cryhug_1_:

Honey you are in my prayers, please get help now. You are important, do not play games with your life.You are here for a purpose, that purpose you and your Creator Know. You need to claim your health back and tell the devil where to head into. Again, I will be praying.

BB, I'm thrilled that you're somewhere safe and where someone cares. God bless your friend!

If you're down to 80 lb, it might be a good idea to go the ER route. I'd hate to see you finally find freedom and then have a health setback. You know your body best, but if it's a matter of inconvenience, I'd say getting what you need is worth it.

((((Bikerbabe)))))

Yee ha!!!!!!!!! So GLAD for YOU!!!

The less stress, love your surrounded with, etc., WILL make a HUGE difference.

Be sure to watch some funny movies and get some chuckles!!

Looking forward to hearing about your progress!

Flow 7 regarding "normal":

Hubby asked last night: "Are you feeling normal?"

Me: "No. I seldom feel "normal"....but that is normal....

so I guess, yes, I must feeling normal." :biglaugh:

Hugs to you!

I'm sure that talking about your living situation and your health were both very hard for you, but there is a supportive group here - as you can see! Breathe that sweet air of freedom!

Linda Z gave you some good advice - I don't know your body type or build, but 80 lbs for an adult is dangerously low. Promise me you'll take care of you - yeah, it's selfish of me, but I've seen you on the boards here and at Waydale and elsewhere for 6 years now - you gotta stick around - you're like furniture and I want it to stay that way! :)

More hugs to you!