"Why should I be nervous? What makes you think I’m nervous?"

"It’s the first time I ever saw you take twenty-one spoons of sugar."

"I like it sweet."

"I can't take you to the dance."

"Why not?"

"Well, my parents are going out of town."

"So what?"

"I have to go with them."

"I don't believe you. You just don't want to be seen with a girl who has braces, like I do now. I hate you, Alan Anthony. I hate EVERYBODY!"

"Mom, Dad, my parakeet's loose! Tiger, stop scaring my parakeet!"

Brady Bunch?

Yes.

"Just tell him, 'Something suddenly came up.'"

Greg explained how Marsha should cancel a date.

"His name is George. George Glass."

Jan's imaginary boyfriend.

"I'm not a snitcher. I just tell the truth."

"Why don't we just put it off until you decide which doctor?"

"At this point I'd SETTLE for a witch doctor."

"Pork chops, and appleshauche. Isn't that just shwell?"

Peter practicing an accent, or something.

"Why should I be nervous? What makes you think I’m nervous?"

"It’s the first time I ever saw you take twenty-one spoons of sugar."

"I like it sweet."

Mike Brady just before the wedding.

"I can't take you to the dance."

"Why not?"

"Well, my parents are going out of town."

"So what?"

"I have to go with them."

"I don't believe you. You just don't want to be seen with a girl who has braces, like I do now. I hate you, Alan Anthony. I hate EVERYBODY!"

"Mom, Dad, my parakeet's loose! Tiger, stop scaring my parakeet!"

Tiger was the name of the family dog.

Hey, how’d the big shoot go?

Well, it went splendidly, Dad. I thought you were going with them to the airport to pick up Freddie.

Yeah, I decided to stay home, do some decorating.

Ah yes, that magical time of year when the Great Wall of China and my apartment are the only two man-made structures visible from space.  

Well, that was a yummy little stocking stuffer.

Yes. She’s the one I told you about. The girl with the accent.

Oh, yes.

God, she could read me the phone book, and I would melt like an overripe Camembert. Imagine what she would do with that – [imitating her] Camembert.

R-R-R-Roquefort.

Reblochon.

Blu.

We’re terrible!

Edited by now I see

"It's not an unusual occurrence, any psychiatrist will tell you so. I've spoken at length about it to several of them. It's the only way he can live with his own conscience."

"You're certain of that."

"Yes, I am."

"I'm afraid I can't help you, Lieutenant."

"But you would if you could."

"Where is he?"

"He's gone."

"Ellie, I want a straight answer. Where is he?"

"I don't know."

"You lost him."

"I guess I have. But it makes it worthwhile. You lost him, too."

George

Nope.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah! I killed her!"

"Why?"

" 'Cause she wouldn't let me go! Liked to've clawed my eyes out! I didn't mean to hit her so hard. Yeah, I killed her! Now I'm gonna kill YOU. Won't hafta worry about you again, no more!"

[but Johnson is, instead, shot dead.]

"All right, you can relax now, Chandler. I just did your killing for you. You've had a great day, haven't you? I guess we both have. After all, for 4 years, now, we - BOTH of us - kept an innocent man in hell. But how are we going to end that? You can keep that man alive. But you won't, will you?"

"It's not an unusual occurrence, any psychiatrist will tell you so. I've spoken at length about it to several of them. It's the only way he can live with his own conscience."

"Yes, I am."

"Where is he?"

"He's gone."

"I don't know."

"You lost him."

George

Nope.

"A Quinn Martin Production."

"Why?"

" 'Cause she wouldn't let me go! Liked to've clawed my eyes out! I didn't mean to hit her so hard. Yeah, I killed her! Now I'm gonna kill YOU. Won't hafta worry about you again, no more!"

"All right, you can relax now, Chandler. I just did your killing for you. You've had a great day, haven't you? I guess we both have. After all, for 4 years, now, we - BOTH of us - kept an innocent man in hell. But how are we going to end that? You can keep that man alive. But you won't, will you?"

"Yes, I am."

"Where is he?"

"He's gone."

"I don't know."

"You lost him."

George

Right time, wrong show.

Time to get blatant.

"Are you so God-like, because you couldn't find a one-armed man, you don't believe he exists?"

"I've done everything humanly possible to find him!"

"I think you have. I wonder why."

"It's my job."

"It's also a curse, isn't it, Gerard? I think you have nightmares, too. Your nightmare is, after I'm dead you'll find him."

"A Quinn Martin Production."

"Why?"

"Yes, I am."

"Where is he?"

"He's gone."

"I don't know."

"You lost him."

George

I just came in on this one, and of course it's the Fugitive.

There are plenty of shows that are 'before our time'. TV used to be thick with stations that ran reruns of anything and everything. That seems to be history now, outside of the few bones TVland throws us.

On the plus side , we have DVD's, though for reasons I can't fathom, shows like 'the Fugitive' are monkeyed with, 'updating' music scores that essentially change the experience.

I've been watching the first season of 'My Three Sons', which wasn't a bad show for the first few years. The music score almost bizarre at times. At least they ell you in fine print on the box that the music has been changed. They just don't tell you why. I'm sure there's some legal thing that saves the company a dollar or two, but I can't imagine what that would be.

Oh well, pardon my rant.

Indeed. Most of the quotes were from the final episode, where the one-armed man is killed.

I had heard that originally, Lt. Gerard was to be the real murderer, but so many people figured it out that they changed changed it so that teh one-armed man really was the killer. I remember seeing the show, and especially the final episode. I think it was the most-watched show ever (at that time).

George

They did consider making Gerard the murderer, but the idea was dismissed right away, according to the stuff I've read about the show.

The one armed man isn't killed in the last episode. Kimble finally catches up to him on top of a water tower, and basically beats a confession out of him.

As I'm writing this, I'm thinking it's possible the one armed man DID die, though I don't remember it that way.

Gerard would have had to be convinced he did it before he died though, or he'd still have gone on accusing Kimble.

Wow, a lot of nostalgia on this one, I have only very vague memories of this series, but I do remeber watching a lot of My Three Sons, and westerns-Gunsmoke, Bonanza, Rawhide, Branded, and Maverick when I was a kid, the theme songs were everything back then, we even made up alternative words to some of them...

I actually have a bit of trivia related to The Fugitive though, my San Francisco attorney served on the prosecution side of one of the trials of the case the tv series was based on, and there really wasn't a one armed man in the actual case.

Edited by now I see

Howdy, stranger.

Looks like a wake.

As a participating member of this ranch I think you ought to know that we're liable to lose over five hundred head of cattle in the very near future.

they're already starting to eat cactus and loco weed.

I know. I had a look at them the other day -- I think we better try and unload them. San Francisco. Why not see what price they're offering down there?

I thought of that -- but we don't have the hands to get them there, no matter what the price.

We been waitin' for you, Pa. (looks off) Whooee. Who was that?

One of Dan Cupid's henchmen. There were arrows zingin' all over the place. Maybe your bother was lucky to be out on the range with you.

Your brother's workin' harder since he stopped seeing that gal, but he's sure harder to live with. I'm not sure which way is best.

Neither am I. Neither am I