GreaseSpot Cafe

Name that TV Show

Raf

"Barney Miller"?

George

Yes, and I didn't even get to any of the more telling quotes.

BTW, if you help a woman deliver her baby because she can't reach the hospital in time,

and she offers to name the baby after you, and asks your name,

give her your FIRST name, not your LAST name.

She might name a son "Stanley" but not ""Wojciehowicz."

I've heard that when police are asked which cop show is most like real police work,

they consistently vote for "Barney Miller." Out of all of them, it's the one show

that shows trying to calm people down and get them to fill out the paperwork.

and here I thought it was a tie between Dragnet, Adam 12, Hill Street Blues, and Law and Order(police part). of course it could have been Police Squad :biglaugh:

Edited by Thomas Loy Bumgarner

"You scratch my back, I scratch yours."

"I can't do that. You see, my wife has an exclusive on my entire body. She'd be disturbed if I came home with a pre-scratched back."

"James Buchanan is not anywhere. It's in Bensonhurst, which is in Brooklyn, which is where I spent four degenerate years as a student. You know how rough that is? The gangs there don't use guns. They insert the bullets manually."

1. "You're late."

2. "That's your fourth tardy this semester."

3. "Did you bring a note from your mommy?"

4. "Boy, what an honor, in my class, all four Marx brothers: Wacko, Stupo, Jerko, and Dummo."

George

I know the answer but won't give it. think this has been posted here before.

Most of the shows have been used more than once. Heck, I might even have used this one before!

"I ain't goin' to class, man. I ain't never goin' to class."

"Where you goin' then?"

"I don't know, uh, into the religious life."

"Brother Epstein, huh? I can see the headlines: 'Puerto Rican Jew enters monastery, becomes the first 'Schlamonk.'"

"Where's your report card?"

"My momma's got it, you dig? Yeah!"

"I dig it! Didn't she sign it?"

"Heh, no. She just took it in her left hand, and then she hit me upside my head with her right. See, man, and then, and then, she threw a chair at me. And then she tried to cave my back in with a TV set!"

"All right, all right, have your father sign it."

"You crazy? He's the one with the bad temper!"

"You scratch my back, I scratch yours."

"I can't do that. You see, my wife has an exclusive on my entire body. She'd be disturbed if I came home with a pre-scratched back."

"James Buchanan is not anywhere. It's in Bensonhurst, which is in Brooklyn, which is where I spent four degenerate years as a student. You know how rough that is? The gangs there don't use guns. They insert the bullets manually."

1. "You're late."

2. "That's your fourth tardy this semester."

3. "Did you bring a note from your mommy?"

4. "Boy, what an honor, in my class, all four Marx brothers: Wacko, Stupo, Jerko, and Dummo."

George

:yawn1: come on folks, this is way too easy. :evilshades::evildenk::rolleyes::biglaugh::who_me::sleep1: :unsure: :wacko:

I chose not to give the answer, though Welcome Back Kotter is correct. Maybe it is time to shut off this particular forum. btw, I keep trting to go to Wikiquotes but my pc doesn't show the website(however wikipedia for topics is fine).

I guess I have a reputation for not posting now. Interesting in that if one were to go through the history of all these games, (and why would one ?) I've contributed more than my share. I don't always have a new TV show, or song, in mind at the moment, and I confess to running out of Star Trek episodes that are interesting to me.

From now on, I won't give an answer unless I've got a follow up ready.

"I swore I was done hunting for good."

"Come on, it wasn't easy, but it wasn't that bad."

"Yeah? When I told Dad I was scared of the thing in my closet, he gave me a .45."

"Well, what was he supposed to do?"

"I was nine years old. He was supposed to say, "Don't be afraid of the dark.""

"Don't be afraid of the dark? What, are you kidding me? Of course you should be afraid of the dark! You know what's out there!"

"So how'd you pay for that stuff? You and Dad still running credit card scams?"

"Well, yeah. Hunting ain't exactly a pro-ball career. Besides, all we do is apply. It's not our fault they send us the cards."

"You're not cops. Not dressed like that, not in that crappy car."

"Hey, no need to get nasty."

George

I won't give the answer. However if you can tell me how to get Wikiquotes from TV shows, I promise to play fairly. Deal or no Deal?(sorry, saw Howie Mandel on America has talent).

All I do is type the name of the show, in quotes, followed by "wikiquote" in my search engine (google). It will usually be one of the first few hits, if not the very first. Alternatively, you can type the name of the show, in quotes, followed by "quotes". This will give other possible places to find quotes, like IMDb and TV.com, and, probably, wikiquote.

Once I'm in wikiquote (or whatever), I just copy and paste the quotes here. I find it best to have two browsers open, one for Greasespot and the other for teh quote source,

George

Wikiquote's main page in English:

http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Main_Page

Wikiquote's index for television shows with quotes:

http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Television_shows

They also have sections for films and literary works,

and that doesn't even count the other languages.

Just go to the page for television shows,

and look through the alphabetized list of shows with quotes listed.

Then pick one you're interested in, and look at its quotes.

If it only has 1 or 2, you might want to pick a different show.

Ok, next TV show.

"Wow, look at all these people playing right now!"

"Yeah, it's bull crap. I bet half of these people are Koreans!"

"Whoever this person is, he's played World of Warcraft nearly every hour of every day for the past two years. Gentlemen, we are dealing with someone here who has absolutely no life."

"How do you kill that which has no life?"

"Congratulations! You played Guitar Hero enough to score one million points!"

"Who is Mysterion?"

"I'm not doing it. Being in a dance group is totally conformist."

"Yeah, I'm not conforming to some dance-off regulations.

"I'm not doing it either. I'm the biggest non-conformist of all.

"I'm such a non-conformist that I'm not going to conform with the rest of you. Okay, I'll do it.

"Great!"

".....Whoa. I think we just got put in our place.

"Yeah, we just got goth served."

Edited by WordWolf

"Whoever this person is, he's played World of Warcraft nearly every hour of every day for the past two years. Gentlemen, we are dealing with someone here who has absolutely no life."

"Dolphins and whales were framed by the real bombers. A chicken and a cow."

"Chicken and Cow? CHICKEN AND COW?!"

"CHICKEN AND COW USED POOR DOLPHIN AND WHALE AS A SCAPEGOAT?! THIS IS OUTRAGE!"

"Hi, Billy Mays here for the little Country Handy Pillow. Are you tired of sitting in limbo? Lost somewhere between planes of existence? Well now there's a product that can help you--"

"'....I love you all, but I have to move on. I'm going to Somalia to be--to be a pirate'? Oh, sh*!"

"Who is Mysterion?"

"I'm such a non-conformist that I'm not going to conform with the rest of you. Okay, I'll do it.

"Great!"

"Yeah, we just got goth served."

"Hi, Billy Mays here for the little Country Handy Pillow. Are you tired of sitting in limbo? Lost somewhere between planes of existence? Well now there's a product that can help you--"

"'....I love you all, but I have to move on. I'm going to Somalia to be--to be a pirate'? Oh, sh*!"

"Who is Mysterion?"

"Great!"

"Yeah, we just got goth-served."

"The Disney purity ring venture will most likely now prove a marketing bust, as Mickey returns to Valhalla to slumber and feed."

"....Bugs Bunny and Superman and Harry Potter. They've changed my life, changed the way I act on the earth. Doesn't that make them kind of real? They might be imaginary, but they're more important than most of us here. And they're all gonna be around till long after we're dead. So in a way, those things are more realer than any of us."

"I'm supposed to be in school right now, but instead I have Snarf, Popeye, and Luke Skywalker all ....ed off."

"It's like a half-man, half-bear!"

"And half-pig!"

"I'm pretty sure killing Jesus is not very Christian."

"The Hare Club for Men."

"We can't give the Sword of a Thousand Truths to a newb!"

"If you had a chance right now to go back in time and stop Hitler, would you do it? I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he was awesome, but YOU would, right?"

"I'm just going to stop playing."

"When Hitler rose to power, there were a lot of people who just stopped playing. You know who those people were? The French. Are you French, Clyde?"

"No."

"Voulez-vous coucher avec moi, Clyde?"

"Okay, all right, I'll do it!"

"Who is Mysterion?"

"Who is The Coon?"

"Great!"

"Yeah, we just got goth-served."

"The Disney purity ring venture will most likely now prove a marketing bust, as Mickey returns to Valhalla to slumber and feed."

"....Bugs Bunny and Superman and Harry Potter. They've changed my life, changed the way I act on the earth. Doesn't that make them kind of real? They might be imaginary, but they're more important than most of us here. And they're all gonna be around till long after we're dead. So in a way, those things are more realer than any of us."

"I'm supposed to be in school right now, but instead I have Snarf, Popeye, and Luke Skywalker all ....ed off."

"It's like a half-man, half-bear!"

"And half-pig!"

"I'm pretty sure killing Jesus is not very Christian."

"The Hare Club for Men."

"That kid's got as much hope as Steve Irwin in a tank full of stingrays."

"This is too big a mystery for me, I think we better call in the Hardly Boys!"

"Oh no, not the God d*--"

"The Hardly Boys: two young whippersnappers with a taste for solving mysteries. The Hardly Boys in: The Case of the World Trade Center Conspiracy."

"What the hell is this?! Skinless chicken, boiled vegetables and salad?! This is just like Auschwitz!"

"Because they're people and you're a towel."

"YOU'RE a towel!"

"No, I'm a big book publisher whos not the least bit interested in your stony memoirs, you're a towel."

"I'll sue you! I'll sue you in England!"

Edited by WordWolf