GreaseSpot Cafe

First Kiss

WhiteDove

Thanks, WhiteDove, Top, and Chas - those are GREAT pics!!!!!!!!!!!..........Ok - let's see......gotta dust off memory lane...fun topic WD!....My first kiss was in the schoolyard - I think maybe 4th or 5th grade - this girl Catherine liked me - she walked up to me - and SHE kissed me! Wow - hadn't thought about that in a long long long time! .......Oh boy - do yah think I ought to let Tonto know? :biglaugh:

First kiss - ummmmm

6th grade - after our prom and after we all went out to pizza. We all went out the the playground to rleax and talk before we had to say goodbye for the summer. There, while I sat on a swing, G@br!&l Fern@nd&z kissed me.

Sigh.... those were simple times

Donna Gxxnn-Mt Ann Park, Gloucester Ma.

I saw Pete Seeger a few years back and he sang this song:

When I was a young man and never been kissed

I got to thinking it over what I had missed.

I got me a girl, I kissed her and then

Oh Lord, I kissed her again.

Chorus:

Oh, kisses sweeter than wine,

Oh, kisses sweeter than wine

I asked her to marry and be my sweet wife,

And we would be so happy the rest of our lives.

I begged and I pleaded like a natural man,

And then, Oh Lord, she gave me her hand.

(Chorus)

I worked mighty hard and so did my wife,

Workin' hand in hand to make a good life.

With corn in the field and wheat in the bins,

I was, Oh Lord, the father of twins.

(Chorus)

Our children they numbered just about four,

They all had sweethearts knockin' at the door.

They all got married and they didn't hesitate;

I was, Oh Lord, the grandfather of eight.

(Chorus)

Now that we're old, and ready to go,

We get to thinkin' what happened a long time ago.

We had a lot of kids, trouble and pain,

But, Oh Lord, We'd do it again.

(Chorus)

My first kiss was with Kasia Johnson. She was a 7th Grader like me, and we were at our first 7th Grade dance. She had frizzy strawberry blonde hair, was a thin girl, but very intelligent as well as very sweet. "Sweet" has always been important to me in a woman, and it is no surpise to me now, looking back, that Kasia had been my First Kiss. I had already seen friends making out in the hallways, but I had never kissed before. To me, it was a mystery as to how to get a girl to actually do that with me. It seemed like an impossibility as I watched various friends and new acquaintences as the song "Color My World" by Chicago drew them together to slow dance and, as if on cue, start making out at the same time. Everybody but me and Kasia that is. We danced, and I held her close, but, I was afraid to try and kiss her. I think she was afraid too.

And so, after a few of more songs like "Hit The Road Jack", Honky Tonk Woman", and "I'm A Man" also by Chicago, I held her hand and walked her over to that most excellent make out spot: The gymnastics mat pile in the darkened corner! And we sat down. And then I turned to her, looked her in the eyes, and kissed her lips tenderly as she, trembling a bit, kissed back. All we did was press our lips together at first, but then I opened my mouth a bit, and to my surprise, she slipped her delicate tongue into my mouth and began to tickle my tongue with it. And, I responded in kind. And, my breathing became deeper and so did hers as I leaned her back onto the mats so that we were laying down with my leg draped over her thigh. And man were we kissing!It was pure heaven! And we were getting hotter and hotter and I began to grind myself into her thigh and we were really really lost in it man, I'm telling you! And as we slid deeper into ecstacy, there was the sharp "thump thump" of a heavy finger on my shoulder, breaking into our small bit of heaven on earth. I turned in alarm thinking it was one of my friends, but nooo! It was Mr. Musson the shop teacher! And he seemed rather angry as he wagged his big index finger in our faces and told us to "sit up and stop that!" And so, with the moment ruined, we sat up, but waited for our opportunity to kiss again. And kiss we did, but only while sitting up. And I gave her some Eskimo kisses that my Mom had shown me when I was little, as well as some butterfly kisses, much to her delight. It was a night to remember. Geez....Seventh Grade, 13 years old, our whole lives ahead of us, budding hormones and an air of discovery and innocence still within....Seems so long ago, yet I remember it like yesterday.....Like Strawberry Wine....Where did it all go?

Edited by Jonny Lingo

Seventh Grade playing spin the bottle with Linda Work and her kid sister. Whenever fortune would have Linda and I to kiss, we sent the kid sister out of the room. I liked it so much I asked her to be my "steady" as every sinew in my body winced preparing for rejection. When she said "Yes," it was like music. I wanted to ask her to say it again and again but I figured why chance that she might change her mind.

Ahh...the fleeting moment of hormone intoxication.

Mr. Lingo - your story is so good, it makes me wish I had been Miss Johnson... :redface2:

Alas, my first kiss was not so 'sweet'...

Joe was one grade below me - he was in 7th, and I was in 8th. We took the same bus together and often sat near each other, teasing, joking, talking - he treated me like one of the guys - an equal. He was a dark Italian kid, with huge eyes, and a very quick wit - he was handsome. I was the almost-too-plump, red-haired girl who was last picked for sports, but first picked as a lab or math partner - yeah, a geek.

It was late fall when he asked me to a movie. I thought, "what the hey" - I though other kids were coming along - I never realized it was a 'date'. My mom dropped me off at the theater to meet him, and I had a $5 clutched tight in my hand - but Joe paid for my ticket - WOW! I don't remember what movie it was - probably Karate Kid or something like that. Anyhow, I remember Joe grabbed my hand before the movie started. I remember feeling almost giddy - gee, this guy liked me? I'm sure I turned about five shade of red. Shortly after the house lights went down, he leaned over - right in my face - and planted the biggest, sloppiest kiss on me - I felt like I had French kissed a cow. YUCK! Although I was flattered beyond belief that a guy liked me, I was grossed out by the kiss - I mean - this was my first kiss and that was IT? I wiped my mouth on my sleeve and thought it's got to get better - this can't be it....

Bliss it wasn't - I needed a freakin' life jacket, as I was dating the a walking saliva gland!

Edited by ChasUFarley

Chas U? You are a girl? With that "sort of Charley" name, I have thought you were a guy! Never checked out your "profile" I guess. :wink2: And now that I have mentioned "profiles", it seems that ever since the web builders changed everything around here, no one has updated their profiles. And the things I had written about me seemed to have disappeared...

Anyway, thank you ChasuFarley, and I swear it, it was as I wrote it, even better! And shoot, since Miss Kasia Johnson dumped me a month later for my best friend to this day Steve Burd*n, who was my pal all through The Way, and he was even in The Way Corps. Good buddy old Steve...

And so, it would have been nice if you had been Kasia Johnson ChasU. Maybe you would have stuck around for longer! :wink2:

"A walking saliva gland"....Too funny!

Edited by Jonny Lingo

Does kissing trees count?

Yep! When I was little, I "DREAMED" of my first kiss! So I practiced kissing trees! It's no lie!

And no, I'm not VP! ^_^

Try wrapping yourself around a tree! Uggghhhhhh!

"Barky, Barky" takes on a whole new meaning! :)

Mr. Lingo --

I'm not a girl, but I play one on TV -- :biglaugh:

Actually, I invite you to listen to the first GSC podcast - where I talk with Pawtucket about why I picked my handle and all that - here's a rather recent pic - I'm usually on the other side of the camera, so there's not too many pics of me...

post-323-1159746690_thumb.jpg