GreaseSpot Cafe

Out of The Way and On The Way

Imagine

Looks like this is a different group albeit a questionable one.

Their site: The Church on The Way.

The sites of their "greasespots": FACTNet Message Board

TCOTW aka FourSquare Cult Links

Cult Education Forum

Deception in the Church

Could this be yet another lawsuit filed by TWI - your ABS at work? :blink: Maybe not since they go by a bunch of other names as well.

Does anyone have any experience with this? or knowledge about this?

Not me Imagine, and I dont care to, once is more than enough for me thank you

I found THIS which may be of interest to you.

When i was in TWI about 20 years ago I used to listen to Jack Hayford on the radio and at the time he seemed like a very persuasive and charismatic public speaker. Now to me 20 years later his whole premise is not only incredibly flawed,irrational, and bizarre but dangerous.

Thats my 2 cents

Welcome to GSpot

They weave the spider's web." -- Isaiah 59:5

Imagine, what do you think of the info out there about the group?... and why did you sign up for this class without knowing about it? Do you need help?

Curiosity has got the better of me on this one... Had to see if you replied yet

Have you handed over your cash already?

Hope you're okay~

"the possibility of generational curse from your family members"

"it is going to cost around two hundred dollars, but you will find out about the prices at the sign-up table"

"The primary job is to convince believers like Johnny that salvation was not enough to cleanse them from demonic bondage. These believers must be convinced that they are still bound by Satan and need what is taught in this program to free them. How is the Cleansing Stream going to do this? First they are going to establish the "fact" that bound believers exist"

That's all the farther I got

Then my senses screamed

DANGER! DANGER! DANGER!

I too hope you are safely away from these people

Edited by templelady

First of all I am not afraid to investigate teachings.

I have attended almost every church in town.

Secondly, I already signed up and paid the $56.

You can't believe everything you read. :)

I finished the first session and found it interesting and doctrinely pure...if I cared about that sort of thing.

It was a very practical session about walking by the spirit.

The people I have been fellowshipping with are hosting the class and it is in their home.

They are from the Assembly of God church and have been wonderful so far.

For ten years I have longed for spirtual friends and fellowship in our local area.

Cyberspace buddies don't count the same as those who are present.

Each Sunday I look forward to the services because of the spirtual content and connection.

Thank you everyone that cautioned me.

I may share my adventure with all you skeptics!

Any here with skeptical remarks have good reason for them. I sincerely doubts that converts would be found to this new "Way" of thinking-at this not among these posters.

I believe you requested information, in a manner which sounded like a cry from the heart, and good-hearted people took the time to answer your question and show you the results. I hope you respect their efforts. I say this only because your last remarks sounded like you were taking a "tone" with us. I'm only speaking for myself, of course.

Good luck in your continued search, and if or when you find yourself in trouble, this is a good place to come.

Shell-that was my first thought too. :biglaugh:

Jess tryin' ta help ya. :) If you want everything sugar coated and all the "bad stuff" left out of our posts, this ain't the place to be. We pretty much tell it like it is and that's why you never see any of the women asking, "do these jeans make me look fat?" :biglaugh:

For what it's worth, most of us started out feeling the very same way during our introduction to TWI. It was once the honeymoon was over that we started ignoring all the red flags waving in front of our faces. I hope you experience turns out to be much different, but based on all the negative things available on the web, I'm not holding my breath. :(

I remember reading similar articles about TWI during my time in the organization.I felt sure the authors were missing the "big picture".After all, we had access to information that no one had known for 2,000 years.(Or so we thought) And then,of course, there was the teaching in PFAL that personal downfall starts with considering what is being said, just like Eve considered what the Devil said.

All the while, a small still voice was saying"You MUST stop and consider what is being said."

Add to that the admonition to put aside secular materials and abandon those who would not get onboard.

In my opinion, much of what determined whether a person would stay or leave(also derogitorily called "cop out") was put forth in those particular sessions.

Common sense and logic dictate that one consider what is being said. Furthermore, common sense and logic suggest that isolation from ones' emotional ties and from the reality of the world around us is not a healthy approach to living and interacting in this world we all share.

I remember being taught that the word "selah" meant "consider what I say".

I have not researched the accurracy of that teaching, but I'm pretty sure it's still good advise to consider what is being said regardless of what may have been taught about the downfall of Mankind or promises of an elite status amongst our fellow man.

SELAH

First of all, I am not afraid of your responses.

I been on the site for years and I know about wild bunch who post here.

I welcome all replys. I don't take offense easily! :who_me:

Secondly, my "tone" was teasing as I don't take life too seriously. ;)

Although, don't think that means I don't have a reason to be skeptical. :realmad:

I was also hurt by The Way as well as you. :(

I was skeptical about The Way while I was in and asked lots of troublesome questions.

Actually, I was looking for some who may have had Personal Experience

rather than alarmists who have second hand information and call anything they haven't explored "waylike."

:nono5:

I know there are still those who still seek God and the Power of Pentecost as I do. :eusa_clap:

If this be waylike then I accept that criticism. :love3:

"alarmists?"

did you read the article on that site i referenced? i think it would give you pause. unless, of course, you're already buying into their party li(n)e.

and honestly, don't you think it's a bit screwed up to ask for information and then put down the people who cared enough and took the time to look around for info and respond?

• 8 months later...
I just signed up for a class

really... I said a class

from a group called

really...On The Way

The course is called Cleansing Stream

Does anyone have any experience with this? or knowledge about this?

Maybe it has been discussed already and I missed it

Hi Imagine,

I just ran across this post and even though it may too late to answer, I'll jump in with what I know. I'm curious if you finished the class and how it went?

I've never personally taken the class but I have several friends who have. I know one married couple that went to training to implement in their home church and a single woman friend who I can say definitely changed for the better after taking the class. She had some issues resolved that had been bothering her since her childhood. Everyone I know who has taken it has benefitted from it. I've looked through the syllabus and found it to be biblically based.

The Church on the Way recently opened a "north" campus close to where we live. It opened on May 1 and we've been attending it regularly since then. Seems to be a great church. We were attending another church, but it's about 40 miles from where we live and we were looking for something closer. Jack Hayford is a great pastor. He's been a great influence for good for many years in the Los Angeles area.

My observation is that you can find someone on the internet who will speak against anyone who preaches or teaches the Bible, so I'm not surprised that you can find someone who's against Jack Hayford and The Church on the Way.

The only thing I would ask.. is it unconditional love, like they may claim, or a mere second rate substitute.. will they love you for who you are, or will they drop you like a hot rock if you can't "perform..

Just a thought.

First of all I am not afraid to investigate teachings.

I have attended almost every church in town.

Secondly, I already signed up and paid the $56.

You can't believe everything you read. :)

I finished the first session and found it interesting and doctrinely pure...if I cared about that sort of thing.

It was a very practical session about walking by the spirit.

The people I have been fellowshipping with are hosting the class and it is in their home.

They are from the Assembly of God church and have been wonderful so far.

For ten years I have longed for spirtual friends and fellowship in our local area.

Cyberspace buddies don't count the same as those who are present.

Each Sunday I look forward to the services because of the spirtual content and connection.

Thank you everyone that cautioned me.

I may share my adventure with all you skeptics!

I said the same stuff 19 years ago when I got sucked in... you soooo remind me of myself....

Yep... I had all the answers and noone could tell me otherwise...

Let's revisit this conversation in about 10 years and see what you're saying then...

Cuz' this walks like a cult and quacks like a cult...

I dunno.. yeah lets see.. the thing of it is, despite hooping and hollering by the other innies, along with high praise that is the best thing since the apostle Paul first baked bread..

I think the product really is over-rated. Wait till they ask you, "well, whadya think? (hopefully something positive, nudge, nudge, wink wink..)"

Say, "well, I've had better.." and see what reaction you get..

:biglaugh:

If you want to explore the doctrine, why not study those who present it?

I don't know if they still have "listening with a purpose" or some such nonsense..

why not give the wrong answers when they request you to regurgitate their material?

I think you just may see subtle Pavlovian conditioning to become not so subtle..

:biglaugh:

Hey, thanks for asking

The class was called Cleansing Stream and we meet each Sunday evening for about three hours from fall to summer.

There were five one hour videos on the following topics:

Walking with God

Leaning on God

Speaking words of life

Pressing forward

Each video was informative and interesting.

After the video session, we would discuss questions in a workbook on that topic.

I enjoyed the practical discussions where people shared how they applied the information they learned.

I like to talk. :)

Then after the fourth session, we went to a retreat.

At the retreat, each presenter would speak for about 15 minutes about an area of sin.

After the presentation, participants would go up and ask for pray in that area.

Who is without sin? ( I went to the front and got prayed for all the topics)

There many people who committed the weekend to praying for others.

In between prayer times where times of praise singing.

Of course, if you read my other thread there were some unorthodox methods there as well but they didn't hurt me and I profited from the new experience.

At the retreat, someone leaned over and said, " You might think that some of this is strange."

I replied, " I don't think so, I know so., but I am not a stranger to strange."

After the retreat we had the final session which was the best! I would like to hear it again. I wish I could remember the guys name. He is a minister in Pittsburgh.

My main purpose was for fellowship not content. I gained a lot of wonderful spiritual companions. Not doctrinal kinship.

In summary, I don't regret the journey that God has taken me on with its twists and turns.

I am enjoying the scenery as I travel the road toward home.

Hi Sudo. Miss you buddy. I went to the dentist today and thought about you.

Go Yankees!

Yes, Penguin. Do you know any more about him?

One more thing...

I was very leery in my own soul about taking another class.

Then my family cautioned me.

Then I was warned online.

So during session, I was very suspicious and waiting for the backlash.

I worried for nothing.

I was pleasantly surprised. Just a lot of great Bible principles. Mostly a good review of what I already knew.

Nothing unusual like four crucified or teaching on speaking in tongues.

Very vanilla until the retreat.