GreaseSpot Cafe

Name that Flick

Raf

Yes, that line was in Working Girl. When she returns from the hospital on her skiing trip back to NYC. "Jack" (H Ford) did not join her as planned. This is how she greets him when he drops by her apartment when she returns.

Oh, yes it was George...definitely in theatres...but I don't think it's a give away to say not currently in theatres...

ok, another line...

"Aren't the police a dirty lot, hobnobbing with British soldiers!"

"I heard that, Maureen Cassidy"

"You were meant to, Constable O'Connor."

~QT

I feel awful about picking this movie, now...I'm going to try to post the most obvious quotes!

How about this one, then...?

"No, it's not a hanging matter to be young, but maybe it should be for an old man to take the youth away from a young girl. Especially a man like me and a girl like you. Rose, you were meant for the wide world, not this place, not this. Me? I was born for it."

Yours thread-killingly,

~QT :(

I looked it up. You're not kidding. This is REALLY obscure for most folks (although I'm sure it wasn't obscure in its day. I wouldn't know, having been barely a year old at the time). :)

I feel a bit silly about now, Raf...

I'm far too young to have seen it in theatres, but it's one of my favorite movies.

I should have thought more carefully!

Yours fumblingly,

QT

ok...I'll just post these last lines, probably the most well known of the flick...then, I'll just go hide my head in shame

"Rose, you're mistaking a penny mirror for the sun. Do you not see that?"

"I see you always digging a low pit for yourself...when you should be standing on a heap of pride."

"You coming in here and saying what you did just now is the only cause I've ever had for pride."

QT: All movies are fair game. If you want to stump people, you picked a good one. Heck, at least it wasn't Traxx! :B)

Don't sweat it. But you may want to get cracking on another film.

Right, then...

The Film is: Ryan's Daughter.

I really didn't mean to throw up a stumper. I just really like Robert Mitchum films!

OK, so...dialing it back in....

I haven't read back far enough again to see when/if this movie has been around the block, but, because I want off the hot seat...here goes!

"Now remember, things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is. "

~QT

So you like Clint Eastwood too?

The Outlaw Josey Wales

Thanks!

I'm never gonna be able to remember your names because there's not enough time so you're Red One, you're Red Two, you're Red Three, and you're Red Baby.