GreaseSpot Cafe

Name that Flick

Raf

"I love you, Millie. Now maybe that's just my programming talking, but guess what? Somebody wrote that program. I'm just a love letter to you. Somewhere out there is the author.

"Don't have a good day, have a great day."

"The first time I kiss a non toxic guy in like... forever and of course he's not even real."

"There's not a button for that."

"Oh... he found the button."

"He's just resting."

"In pieces! That man is dead!"

"He's so sleepy."

"Catchphrase!"

"Millie, how many times a day are the banks robbed in your world?"

"Hardly ever."

"What about corpses, Millie? Do ya see a lot of those? How many an hour?"

"None per hour."

"What about gun violence? See a lot of gun violence in your world?"

"Actually, that's a big problem, it's a massive problem."

George

"Let's work the problem, people. Let's not make things any worse by guessing."

"I don't care what anything was designed to do. I care about what it can do. So let's get to work, let's lay it out, okay?"

"With all due respect, sir, I believe this is gonna be our finest hour."

"When I go up there on 19, I'm gonna take my entire collection of Johnny Cash along!"

"Dad, can I please wear this?"  "Sure."  "Jim!"   "No! No, absolutely not."

"Do they know they're not on the air?"  "We'll tell them when they get back."

" I remember this one time - I'm in a Banshee at night in combat conditions, so there's no running lights on the carrier. It was the Shrangri-La, and we were in the Sea of Japan and my radar had jammed, and my homing signal was gone... because somebody in Japan was actually using the same frequency. And so it was - it was leading me away from where I was supposed to be. And I'm lookin' down at a big, black ocean, so I flip on my map light, and then suddenly: zap. Everything shorts out right there in my cockpit. All my instruments are gone. My lights are gone. And I can't even tell now what my altitude is. I know I'm running out of fuel, so I'm thinking about ditching in the ocean. And I, I look down there, and then in the darkness there's this uh, there's this green trail. It's like a long carpet that's just laid out right beneath me. And it was the algae, right? It was that phosphorescent stuff that gets churned up in the wake of a big ship. And it was - it was - it was leading me home. You know? If my cockpit lights hadn't shorted out, there's no way I'd ever been able to see that. So uh, you, uh, never know... what... what events are to transpire to get you home."

In case anyone's wondering why I took Raf's turn, I was saving us all some time.  Raf's busy, and didn't want to be "up" on so many threads at once.  Either there was going to be a big pause until he took it, or he was going to announce a free post.  So, I figured this would be a moment when he'd thank me for jumping in-  since, at this one specific moment, I wasn't busy.  (Can't always guarantee that...)

• Upvote 1

"Hey, old man, where did you get all this stuff?"       "The dead.    Our gods are pleased with you. They will watch the battle."         "Are they going to help?"     "No."    "Well, then tell them to stay out of the way."

"And if you WON'T help, then the hell with you!!"

"I'm gonna give you a little advice Claire:   'Scrape 'em off. You wanna save somebody? Save yourself.' "

"I'm alive! Yes! I'm ALIVE!"    *click*"Not for long."

"I can't get the antlers glued to this little guy. We tried Crazy Glue, but it don't work."   "Did you try staples?"

"Seven o'clock. Psychos seize Santa's workshop and only Lee Majors can stop them."

Edited by WordWolf
Formatting error.