GreaseSpot Cafe

Name that Flick

Raf

"Did you do anything fun Saturday night?"

Well, all the guys from my barbershop quartet are dead, so, no, not really.

You know, if you ask Kristen out, from Statistics, she'd probably say yes.

That's why I don't ask.

Too shy, or too scared?

Too busy!

• 3 weeks later...

"My ma urged me to get out of this game. When I was a kid, she pleaded with me. And I meant to, you know what I mean? But she died."

"Tough."

"Now look at me. I'm wet nurse to a last-place, dead-to-the-neck-up ball club, and I'm choking to death!"

"Nothing like a farm. Nothing like being around animals, fixing things. There's nothing like being in the field with the corn and the winter wheat. The greenest stuff you ever saw."

"You know, my mother told me I ought to be a farmer."

"You know, I believe we have two lives."

"How... what do you mean?"

"The life we learn with and the life we live with after that."

"Pretty good food, huh?"

"Damn good."

"You can't spell it, but it eats pretty good, don't it?"

George

Field of Dreams?

Wrong ballpark. ;)

"You know my mama wanted me to be a farmer."

"My dad wanted me to be a baseball player."

"Well you're better than any player I ever had. And you're the best God damn hitter I ever saw. Suit up."

"Red, it took me sixteen years to get here. You play me, and I'll give ya the best I got."

"I believe ya."

"Knock the cover off the ball, Roy!"

"My ma urged me to get out of this game. When I was a kid, she pleaded with me. And I meant to, you know what I mean? But she died."

"Tough."

"Now look at me. I'm wet nurse to a last-place, dead-to-the-neck-up ball club, and I'm choking to death!"

"Nothing like a farm. Nothing like being around animals, fixing things. There's nothing like being in the field with the corn and the winter wheat. The greenest stuff you ever saw."

"You know, my mother told me I ought to be a farmer."

"You know, I believe we have two lives."

"How... what do you mean?"

"The life we learn with and the life we live with after that."

"Pretty good food, huh?"

"Damn good."

"You can't spell it, but it eats pretty good, don't it?"

George

Wrong ballpark. wink.gif

"Knock the cover off the ball, Roy!"

George

I missed that one the first time. Were talking Tin Cup, right George. I saw Rene Russo that other night on The Critics Choice Awards. She's still holding up pretty well minus her laryngitis.

Now you've got the wrong sport. You were closer, before.

George

Yeah I got my Roy's messed up. Kevin Costner's character's name in Tin Cup was Roy as was Robert Redford's in The Natural.

Edited by Human without the bean

"Don't talk like that. You'll be alright. We're together now; everything's going to be fine, you'll see."

"At least - I got to see you - one last time."

"No, No! Please. Please... Please don't leave me... I love you."

"Ma chère mademoiselle. It is with deepest pride and greatest pleasure that we welcome you tonight. And now, we invite to relax, let us pull up a chair, as the dining room proudly presents... your dinner."

"Now Lila, in order to inject this properly I have to expose my gluteus maximus."

"Want me to do it for ya?"

"Are you perchance a nurse?"

"No, I used to be a junkie."

" Would it endanger your amateur standing if I asked you to use a sterilized needle?"

"You're the doctor."

"Oh, that's the nicest thing anyone's said to me all week."

"You're gonna let that SHYSTER on?"

"I could sue you for calling me that, Polly! A shyster is a disreputable lawyer. I'M a QUACK!"

George

• 2 weeks later...

"I'm going to show my boobies. What do you think, Irving, you've seen my boobies. Hmm, are they worth showing?"

"Well, since I can only render an evaluation based on a completely impersonal, purely professional examination of the subject, uh, subjects, I would have to say that in my humble opinion you've got a terrific pair of knockers."

"What'd you give him?"

"Oh, a pinch of this, a dash of that. Sometimes referred to in the trade as a Sleeping Beauty Boilermaker. Take no notice if he begins to levitate. It's a common side effect."

"Now Lila, in order to inject this properly I have to expose my gluteus maximus."

" Would it endanger your amateur standing if I asked you to use a sterilized needle?"

"You're the doctor."

"I could sue you for calling me that, Polly! A shyster is a disreputable lawyer. I'M a QUACK!"

George

"Felix, for the last 40 years I've lived a life of dedicated debauchery. I've consumed enough booze to destroy a dozen healthy livers. I've filled my lungs with enough nicotine to poison the entire population of Orange County. I've engaged in sexual excesses that make Caligula look like a celibate monk. I have, in fact, conscientiously, day in and day out, for more years than you've been in this best of all possible worlds, tried to kill myself and I've never felt better in my life. So, if you're really going to end it all, I can show you at least a half-dozen better ways to do it."

"Ben, do you realize that in a matter of a few hours you have demonstrated most of your excremental bodily functions."

"I haven't sneezed."

"A sneeze is expiratory, not excremental."

"I'm going to show my boobies. What do you think, Irving, you've seen my boobies. Hmm, are they worth showing?"

"Well, since I can only render an evaluation based on a completely impersonal, purely professional examination of the subject, uh, subjects, I would have to say that in my humble opinion you've got a terrific pair of knockers."

"What'd you give him?"

"Oh, a pinch of this, a dash of that. Sometimes referred to in the trade as a Sleeping Beauty Boilermaker. Take no notice if he begins to levitate. It's a common side effect."

"You're the doctor."

George