GreaseSpot Cafe

Name that Flick

Raf

"You shot your dog and had it stuffed? You f---ing freak!"

"No, I shot my dog and then brought him home and continued to care for him for the next 11 years until he died of pancreatitis."

"What?"

"It was a blank, Eggsy. It was a f---ing blank."

"I'll have the Big Mac, please."

"Great choice. But nothing beats two cheeseburgers with secret sauce. Goes great with this '45 Lafitte."

"A classic pairing. And may I suggest Twinkies and a 1937 Chateau d'Yquem for pudding?"

"I like it."

"I'm a Catholic whore, currently enjoying congress out of wedlock with my black Jewish boyfriend who works at a military abortion clinic. Hail Satan, and have a lovely afternoon madam."

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self."

"Merlin said you wanted to see me, sir?"

"Sit down. Pretty dog. What's his name?"

"JB."

"As in James Bond?"

"No."

"Jason Bourne?"

"No. Jack Bauer."

"Oh."

George

"Would sir care for a drink?

"Martini. Gin, not vodka, obviously. Stirred for 10 seconds while glancing at an unopened bottle of vermouth. Thank you."

"Do you like spy movies, Mr. DeVere?"

"Nowadays, they're all a little serious for my taste. But the old ones... marvelous. Give me a far-fetched theatrical plot any day."

"The old Bond movies. Oh, man. Ah, when I was a kid, that was my dream job: gentleman spy."

"I always felt that the old Bond films were only as good as the villain. As a child, I rather fancied a futuristic colorful megalomaniac."

"What a shame we both had to grow up."

"You know what this is like? It's like those old movies we both love. Now I'm going to tell you my whole plan, and then I'm going to come up with some absurd and convoluted way to kill you, and you'll find an equally convoluted way to escape."

"Sounds good to me."

"Well this ain't that kind of movie."

"No, I shot my dog and then brought him home and continued to care for him for the next 11 years until he died of pancreatitis."

"What?"

"Great choice. But nothing beats two cheeseburgers with secret sauce. Goes great with this '45 Lafitte."

"A classic pairing. And may I suggest Twinkies and a 1937 Chateau d'Yquem for pudding?"

"I like it."

"I'm a Catholic whore, currently enjoying congress out of wedlock with my black Jewish boyfriend who works at a military abortion clinic. Hail Satan, and have a lovely afternoon madam."

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self."

"JB."

"As in James Bond?"

"No."

"Jason Bourne?"

"No. Jack Bauer."

"Oh."

George

• 2 weeks later...

This is a fairly recent movie, on pay-per-view now.

"My dad might have saved your life, even though your f--k-up cost his? What, you've got him stuffed here and all?"

"Can't you see that everything I've done has been about trying to repay him?"

"'Manners maketh man.' Do you know what that means? Then let me teach you a lesson."

"Would sir care for a drink?

"Martini. Gin, not vodka, obviously. Stirred for 10 seconds while glancing at an unopened bottle of vermouth. Thank you."

"Do you like spy movies, Mr. DeVere?"

"Nowadays, they're all a little serious for my taste. But the old ones... marvelous. Give me a far-fetched theatrical plot any day."

"The old Bond movies. Oh, man. Ah, when I was a kid, that was my dream job: gentleman spy."

"I always felt that the old Bond films were only as good as the villain. As a child, I rather fancied a futuristic colorful megalomaniac."

"What a shame we both had to grow up."

"You know what this is like? It's like those old movies we both love. Now I'm going to tell you my whole plan, and then I'm going to come up with some absurd and convoluted way to kill you, and you'll find an equally convoluted way to escape."

"Sounds good to me."

"Well this ain't that kind of movie."

"What?"

"I like it."

"JB."

"As in James Bond?"

"No."

"Jason Bourne?"

"No. Jack Bauer."

"Oh."

George

We could use another line or two... :)/>

Unless, of course, you're telling me that I get nothing, and that I lose.. :lol:/>

George

That wasn't on my mind, but now that we're on the subject.....

You get NOTHING! You LOSE! Good DAY, sir!

"Violet! You're turning violet, Violet!

"You get NOTHING! You LOSE! Good DAY, sir!"

"...Or which way the river's flowing.

Is it raining, is it snowing?

Is a hurricane a-blowing?

Not a speck of light is showing,

so the danger must be growing.

Are the fires of Hell a-glowing?

Is the grisly Reaper mowing?

Yes! The danger must be growing

'Cause the rowers keep on rowing

And they're certainly not showing

ANY SIGN THAT THEY ARE SLOWING!"

"Round the world and home again, that's the sailor's way!"

"Candy is dandy, but liquor is quicker."

"The suspense is terrible, I hope it will last."

"So shines a good deed in a weary world."

"Under section 37B of the contract signed by him, it states quite clearly that all offers shall become null and void if - and you can read it for yourself in this photostatic copy:

'I, the undersigned, shall forfeit all rights, privileges, and licenses herein and herein contained, et cetera, et cetera... Fax mentis incendium gloria cultum, et cetera, et cetera... Memo bis punitor delicatum!'

It's all there, black and white, clear as crystal! You stole fizzy lifting drinks! You bumped into the ceiling which now has to be washed and sterilized, so

you get NOTHING! You LOSE! Good DAY, sir!"

"Meine Herrschaften, schenken Sie mir Ihre Aufmerksamkeit. Sie kommen jetzt in den interessantesten und gleichzeitig geheimsten Raum meiner Fabrik. Meine Damen und Herren: der 'Inventing Room'".

["Ladies and gentlemen, please give me your attention. You now come into the most interesting room of my factory, the most secret room at the same time. Ladies and gentlemen: the 'Inventing Room'."]

"99-44-100 percent pure."

Edited by WordWolf

Here's where the quotes are from...

"Under section 37B of the contract signed by him, it states quite clearly that all offers shall become null and void if - and you can read it for yourself in this photostatic copy:

'I, the undersigned, shall forfeit all rights, privileges, and licenses herein and herein contained, et cetera, et cetera... Fax mentis incendium gloria cultum, et cetera, et cetera... Memo bis punitor delicatum!'

It's all there, black and white, clear as crystal! You stole fizzy lifting drinks! You bumped into the ceiling which now has to be washed and sterilized, so

you get NOTHING! You LOSE! Good DAY, sir!"

End of the movie, Charlie's being shuffled out by Wonka.

Violet Beauregard chewed the experimental gum with the meal- despite warnings

from Wonka and Sam Beauregard. She tasted the entire meal, and then the

dessert- blueberry pie. She turned blue and swelled up full of blueberry

juice. (The makeup AND the blueberry costume caused problems for

the actress-the makeup resurfaced in school weeks later, and she

couldn't move in the costume-and the Oompa-Loompa actors didn't have

experience in steering giant blueberry costumes so they crashed her

a few times.

Wonka, creeping out the audience and the kid actors,

on the boat, the Wonkatania, in the tunnel.

(The kids thought the actor was having a meltdown

at the time.)

Same scene, before it got scary.

Discussing gin and butterscotch in the inventing room with Mr Salt.

I think that was when Augustus Gloop was stuck in the tube.

Wonka, at the end, after Charlie returns to hand back the

everlasting gobstopper.

"Meine Herrschaften, schenken Sie mir Ihre Aufmerksamkeit. Sie kommen jetzt in den interessantesten und gleichzeitig geheimsten Raum meiner Fabrik. Meine Damen und Herren: der 'Inventing Room'".

["Ladies and gentlemen, please give me your attention. You now come into the most interesting room of my factory, the most secret room at the same time. Ladies and gentlemen: the 'Inventing Room'."]

After the WonkaWash (Hsaw Aknow) in that carbonation-car, they arrived at the Inventing Room.

Wonka introduced it in German.

"99-44-100 percent pure."

Wonka, at a combination lock that reminds one of Ivory Soap's advertising.

"I understand that you little guys start out with your woobies and you think they're great... and they are, they are terrific. But pretty soon, a woobie isn't enough. You're out on the street trying to score an electric blanket, or maybe a quilt. And the next thing you know, you're strung out on bedspreads Ken. That's serious."

George

"Wanna beer?"

"It's 7 o'clock in the morning."

"Scotch?"

"Do you want to go over the list one more time?"

"No, I don't want to go over the list! OK, let's go over the list."

"I understand that you little guys start out with your woobies and you think they're great... and they are, they are terrific. But pretty soon, a woobie isn't enough. You're out on the street trying to score an electric blanket, or maybe a quilt. And the next thing you know, you're strung out on bedspreads Ken. That's serious."

George

• 2 weeks later...

"Come on over here Ron. Let me show you what I'm doing, taking advantage of some of the time off. To, uh, add a whole new wing on here. Gonna rip these walls out and, uh, of course re-wire it."

"Yeah, you gonna make it all 220?"

"Yeah, 220, 221. Whatever it takes."

"All of us here at Schooner Tuna sympathize with all of you hit so hard by these trying economic times. In order to help you, we are reducing the price of Schooner Tuna by 50 cents a can. When this crisis is over, we will go back to our regular prices. Until then, remember, we're all in this together. Schooner Tuna. The tuna with a heart."

"Wanna beer?"

"Scotch?"

George

I've got that it's not in the US, because the US is 120 V and a lot of other places

use 220 V.

Definitely US

Whereas most circuits use 110 or 120V, major appliances (oven, A/C, maybe washer/dryer) often need 220.

"My brain is like oatmeal. I yelled at Kenny today for coloring outside the lines! Megan and I are starting to watch the same TV shows, and I'm liking them! I'm losing it."

"Honey, I know what you're talking about. I've been there myself, alright?"

"Well, if you're so unhappy, why don't you say something about it?"

"Because I wasn't unhappy! Look, maybe I was a little confused, maybe I was a little frustrated, but I knew what I was doing was important, because it means something to raise human beings. What saw me through was pride. I've pride in this house, I've pride with my kids, and I've pride being Mrs. Jack Butler! Where are you going?"

"I'm goin' downstairs to sleep on the fat couch if I can get through the door."

"Well, you should take pride with some of that FAT, Porky!"

"Come on over here Ron. Let me show you what I'm doing, taking advantage of some of the time off. To, uh, add a whole new wing on here. Gonna rip these walls out and, uh, of course re-wire it."

"Yeah, you gonna make it all 220?"

"Yeah, 220, 221. Whatever it takes."

"All of us here at Schooner Tuna sympathize with all of you hit so hard by these trying economic times. In order to help you, we are reducing the price of Schooner Tuna by 50 cents a can. When this crisis is over, we will go back to our regular prices. Until then, remember, we're all in this together. Schooner Tuna. The tuna with a heart."

"Wanna beer?"

"Scotch?"

George