GreaseSpot Cafe

Name that Flick

Raf

It's not "A Sound of Thunder."

So, how about "Minority Report"?

No, this is not a Tom Cruise movie. Even though this movie was well received at the box office, most critics agree that it seems too familiar and reminds them of the same old plot and same characters that you see every time you watch a time warp movie.

Edited by Human without the bean

Even though this movie was well received at the box office, most critics agree that it seems too familiar and reminds them of the same old plot and same characters that you see every time you watch a time warp movie.

This is a clue.

This sounds like 12 Monkeys

Could be "the Butterfly Effect."

It's not "A Sound of Thunder."

So, how about "Minority Report"?

I'm not quite out of clues, but I'm getting there. The main character used this line and it is repeated near the end by another lead character. ""What if you had to tell someone the most important thing in the world, but you knew they'd would never believe you'?

I'd try!

We can't watch the Agent buy 10 pairs of cargo pants in 1983. But given enough lead time, we can look anywhere at any given time within the target range. Alright? It's the when that's always constant. It's always four days and six hours ago. It's a single trailing moment of now, in the past.

So, if you can't move forward in time, how is it the image keeps speeding up like that?

It's not the image that's moving faster, it's our shifting point of view. That passage of time remains constant, but we can shift our point of view within that data streams, as fast as we want. You understand?

Ya, ya... no.

Thing of it is, no matter how clever we think we are, the most probable outcome of our little experiment is that four and a half days ago, you get a call from the coroner's office. "Hey Agent Carlin, I want you to come down here, there's something you should see". Next thing you know, your standing over a dead corpse, and it's you.

Edited by Human without the bean

• 2 weeks later...

Even though this movie was well received at the box office, most critics agree that it seems too familiar and reminds them of the same old plot and same characters that you see every time you watch a time warp movie.

I doubt that anymore clues would bring anyone closer to an answer. Above was a poor attempt of trying to give the title away.

The movie was Tony Scott's Deja Vu starring Denzel Washington and Val Kilmer.

Free Post

"All set up boss."

"Actually, HE'S the boss.

I just pay for everything and design everything, make everyone look cooler."

"You get hurt, hurt 'em back. You get killed... walk it off."

"You didn't see that coming?"

"And for gosh's sake, watch your language!"

"THAT'S not going away anytime soon."

"That man has no respect for lawn maintenance."

"He's trying. To stop. The car."

"We're struggling here. Why don't you take a shot at him?"

"Somehow, it just doesn't seem like the right thing to do."

"Don't make me put you over my knee..."

"So you don't want to dance... but you do want to wrestle."

"Not very good at this whole subtlety thing, are you?"

"Did you disable the alarm?"

"There's no alarm on the 307."

[alarm immediately begins wailing]

"Loving your work, Cowboy."

George

I'll be looking for that George. Is Sigourney Weaver in this?

No, she is not.

"I was briefed on your criminal career. Your balls are on the end of a very long leash, held by a very short man."

"I wonder if it was your father's shame that gave you such drive... Or was it your mother's reputation? I understand that she was extremely popular amongst your father's friends..."

"We may be engaged, but I'm my own woman! Besides, I don't have a ring! It was stolen, remember?"

"A good Russian husband would go out early and got his fiancée a new ring, as soon as he could."

George

"For a special agent, you're not having a very special day, are you?"

"Are they still following us?... Is there one of them?... Is he looking at us?... Does he have just one hand on the steering wheel?... When you hear something that sounds like a gunshot, drive."

"I was briefed on your criminal career. Your balls are on the end of a very long leash, held by a very short man."

"I wonder if it was your father's shame that gave you such drive... Or was it your mother's reputation? I understand that she was extremely popular amongst your father's friends..."

"We may be engaged, but I'm my own woman! Besides, I don't have a ring! It was stolen, remember?"

"A good Russian husband would go out early and got his fiancée a new ring, as soon as he could."

George

All right, THIS should do it:

"Napoleon Solo, the CIA's most effective agent."

"Illya Kurakin: KGB, the youngest member to join and pass in three years."

"For a special agent, you're not having a very special day, are you?"

"Are they still following us?... Is there one of them?... Is he looking at us?... Does he have just one hand on the steering wheel?... When you hear something that sounds like a gunshot, drive."

George