GreaseSpot Cafe

Name that Flick

Raf

Sorry. Thought I already put something up

"Tom is the one who saw you at Susan's. He's known about you all along, isn't that right? We do know what that means. If Commander Farrell is the man who was with Miss Atwell, then Commander Farrell is the man who killed Miss Atwell. And we know that the man who killed Miss Atwell is Yuri. Therefore, Commander Farrell IS Yuri, quod erat demonstrandum."

A very serious movie

"What's all this top secret business I've been hearing about over at the Pentagon?"

"Here's what we do have. CID is running a phone check. They're looking for all calls placed to a Susan Atwell."

"Who's she?"

"Well, she's in the morgue at Fort Meade. She was murdered last night."

"We know anything about it?"

"Get ready for this. We think she's either David Brice's or Scott Pritchard's mistress. Well she was seen with both of them. It didn't seem a high priority matter, so my people have been a little lax in following it up."

"Well, spilt milk. And you can forget about Pritchard. He's homosexual.

"I'll be damned."

"Ah, so will he, if you believe the Old Testament."

"Well, spilt milk. And you can forget about Pritchard. He's homosexual.

"I'll be damned."

"Ah, so will he, if you believe the Old Testament."

I've always liked this line. It's one of the best lines in this movie. And it is a double-agent Russian spy movie too Raf even if you tried to divert attention to it.

No Way Out Kevin Costner and Gene Hackman

Edited by Human without the bean

It's not really a spy movie. That's just incidental. That's like calling The Wizard of Oz a weather movie.

I think your wrong Raf. It is a spy movie technically. Costner plays an Naval Officer, and in this case, he is the direct liaison for the Secretary of The Defense to the CIA and at the same time a KGB agent who is spying on the CIA *spoiler alert*. If that isn't a spy movie then I must not know what one is.

I'll come up with something.

2 LL's... Surveilling, 2 L's.

since this is such a tremendous waste of taxpayer money, at least we could do is get the spelling right.

That's not necessarily true. Branching Universe Theory holds......you can do...

Ohhh.. Branching....Universe....Theory, Ohhh, no, no, no....

Alright, I'll show you. The traditional view of time is linear, like a river, flowing from the past to the future.

But you can change the course of a river, right?

Exactly, introduce a significant enough event at any point in this river and you create a new branch, still flowing toward the future, but along a different route. Changed.

Yeah, but that river is the Mississippi and were lobbing what amounts to a pebble into it. That's a very few tiny ripples in a kind of big body of water, don't you think?

Traditionalist.

Say we do create this new branch. What happens to the old one, to this one?

Ask the radical!..

Well, it might continue parallel to the new branch. Most likely, it ceases to exist.

The idea is we cease to exist, alright? Or this version of us, anyway. Umm, we never came here. We never met Doug, we don't remember it ever happening.

Well, that's worth ten billion right there.

since this is such a tremendous waste of taxpayer money, at least we could do is get the spelling right.

Alright, I'll show you. The traditional view of time is linear, like a river, flowing from the past to the future.

Exactly, introduce a significant enough event at any point in this river and you create a new branch, still flowing toward the future, but along a different route. Changed.

Yeah, but that river is the Mississippi and were lobbing what amounts to a pebble into it. That's a very few tiny ripples in a kind of big body of water, don't you think?

Traditionalist.

Ask the radical!..

Well, it might continue parallel to the new branch. Most likely, it ceases to exist.

The idea is we cease to exist, alright? Or this version of us, anyway. Umm, we never came here. We never met Doug, we don't remember it ever happening.

For all my career, I've been trying to catch people after they do something horrible. Just once in my life, I'd like to catch somebody before to do something horrible.

You think you know what's coming? You don't have a clue! I told you, I have a destiny, a purpose. Satan reasons like a man but God thinks of eternity. Well, I prostate myself before a world that's going to hell in a hand bag, because in all eternity, I am here, I will be remembered. That's destiny! A bomb has a destiny, a predetermined fate set by the hand of its creator. And anyone who tries to alter that destiny will be destroyed. Anyone who tries to stop it from happening will cause it to happen. And that's what you don't understand. We're not here to coexist. I'm here to win.

You better have some divine intervention Buddy. Your gonna need it.

You better have some K Y jelly. You're gonna need it.

Edited by Human without the bean

• 2 weeks later...

Traditionalist.

Ask the radical!..

For all my career, I've been trying to catch people after they do something horrible. Just once in my life, I'd like to catch somebody before to do something horrible.

You think you know what's coming? You don't have a clue! I told you, I have a destiny, a purpose. Satan reasons like a man but God thinks of eternity. Well, I prostate myself before a world that's going to hell in a hand bag, because in all eternity, I am here, I will be remembered. That's destiny! A bomb has a destiny, a predetermined fate set by the hand of its creator. And anyone who tries to alter that destiny will be destroyed. Anyone who tries to stop it from happening will cause it to happen. And that's what you don't understand. We're not here to coexist. I'm here to win.

You better have some divine intervention Buddy. Your gonna need it.

You better have some K Y jelly. You're gonna need it.

"Here's some new clues".

It's a brand new program. It's called Snow White. Our primary data comes from seven orbiting satellites but at any given time as many as four are surveilling one area. It's like having multiple eyewitnesses, each with their own vantage point.

Snow White...

Is she alive or is she dead?

Alright: Life, like time and space, is not merely a local phenomenon.

[screaming] Oh Alright! Am I asking a hard question?

[Muttering] Looks like I picked a bad week to stop snorting hash.

I'll tell you what: I will speak slow so that those of you with Ph.D's in the room can understand. Here, look. Here's a monitor, right?

[Throws a chair against the monitor, breaking it] Now the monitor is broken. It's dead. It's not temporarily transitioned to another state of entropy, it's *dead*. Right. Now is *she* alive or is she *dead*?

Now the monitor is broken. It's dead. It's not temporarily transitioned to another state of entropy, it's *dead*. Right. Now is *she* alive or is she *dead*?

Alright. Now we're getting somewhere.

Could be. I haven't seen the movie, but the TV show was about time travel.

George

You should see it George. A fun show, and Madeline Stowe. No Raf. that wasn't it. 12 Monkeys was about time travel. The thing with movie is it is about changing time, more so, than it is about time travel. There is a time machine and they use it to travel back in time, but only 4 days.

The same actor who played in this movie also played in Frequency (Jim Caveziel) another time warp time travel movie.. But you probably didn't see that either I'm guessing George, did you?

You should see it George. A fun show, and Madeline Stowe. No Raf. that wasn't it. 12 Monkeys was about time travel. The thing with movie is it is about changing time, more so, than it is about time travel. There is a time machine and they use it to travel back in time, but only 4 days.

The same actor who played in this movie also played in Frequency (Jim Caveziel) another time warp time travel movie.. But you probably didn't see that either I'm guessing George, did you?

I did not see Frequency. :)

George

We're locked. Minus four days, six hours, three minutes and forty-five seconds.

Is this video?

No.

Digital re-creation?

Nope!

The guy with the backpack, and blue jacket.

I'm on him!

You can't do that. You can't change the angle on video shot four days ago.

You can't do this either. Keep your eyes at the edge of the screen. [ The screen moves sideways revealing more of the scene, enabling them to see around corners, inside rooms, inside houses].

Not our guy. Back to general surveillance.

Alright Doug, let's get you up to speed.

You've developed a working time window. You can look into the past. From the look of things, it's a prototype machine, developed on limited funds, probably built for no more than ten billion. Your using it as an investigative tool, trying to find a clue to the identity of the ferry bomber. The only thing I don't understand is why you're looking at four days ago, and not yesterday when it happened.

You can only look back four days, six hours and change. But that's it, no more no less. We can't see ten minutes ago.

We can't look back and see if there was a second gunman.

We can look anywhere but the when is four days ago. A single trailing moment of *now* in the past.