GreaseSpot Cafe

Name that Flick

Raf

" If I get any trouble outta you guys, I'm gonna integrate this jail."

"If you win this case, justice will prevail, and if you lose, justice will also prevail. Now that is a strange case."

"I need a drink."

"At three o'clock in the afternoon? What would your wife think?"

"I'm my own man, Lucien. I drink when I want to."

"When did she leave town?"

"This morning."

"Our society cannot condone men who take the law into their own hands."

"We knowed each other since childhood. It's my fault. No matter what gets said in court. I knew what I was doing, and I sure didn't intend to hurt you, but just them two boys. I know it don't mean much now, but I'm sorry."

1."Ask if he thinks I should go to jail."

2."Carl Lee, they amputated his leg because you shot him. He's the prosecution's witness."

1."You're my lawyer ain't ya? Ask him."

2."Your Honor, one question."

3."Make up your mind, Mr. Brigance."

2."Deputy Looney, do you think Carl Lee shooting you was intentional?"

4."No sir. It was an accident."

1."Ask him!"

2."Do you think he should be punished for shooting you?"

4."No, sir. I hold no ill will toward the man. He did what I would have done."

2."What do you mean by that?"

4."I mean, I don't blame him for what he did. Those boys raped his little girl."

5."Objection, your Honor! The witness's opinion on this matter is irrelevant."

2."Your Honor, I believe Deputy Looney has earned the right to speak here today."

3."Overruled. Continue."

2."Go ahead, Dwayne."

4."I got a little girl. Somebody rapes her, he's a dead dog. I'll blow him away just like Carl Lee did."

5."Objection your Honor!"

2."Do you think the jury should convict Carl Lee Hailey?"

3."Don't answer that question."

2."He's a hero. You turn him loose."

3."The jury will disregard..."

4."Turn him loose!"

5."Your honor, you silence that witness!"

4."You turn him loose!"

"If I let you go, you must swear you will never say you saw me, never say you heard me speak, never tell anyone how I look, never repeat what I have said - a promise, forever!"

"Anybody can fly plane, now here: I'll check you out. Put your little hands on the wheel there. Now put your feet on the rudder. There. Who says this ol' boy can't fly this ol' plane? Now I'm gonna make us some Old Fashioneds the old-fashioned way - the way dear old Dad used to!"

"What if something happens?"

"What could happen to an Old Fashioned?"

"If you can, give us your position. Who is flying the plane?"

"What do you mean 'who's flying the plane'? Nobody's flying the plane!"

"We're the ones with the Imperial, and we're running last?"

Edited by WordWolf

"Anybody can fly plane, now here: I'll check you out. Put your little hands on the wheel there. Now put your feet on the rudder. There. Who says this ol' boy can't fly this ol' plane? Now I'm gonna make us some Old Fashioneds the old-fashioned way - the way dear old Dad used to!"

"Then what happens next? I'll tell you what happens: Then they all decide that I'm supposed to get a smaller share! That I'm somebody extra special stupid, or something! That they don't even care if it's a democracy! And in a democracy, it don't matter how stupid you are, you still get an equal share!"

"1: I wish I knew what they're going to do to us. But no matter what happens to us...

what happens to you, I hope will be worse!"

2: "I don't think you have to worry too much about that. My wife is divorcing me, my mother-in-law is suing me for damages, my daughter is applying to the courts to have her name changed, my pension has been revoked. And the only reason that you 10 idiots will very LIKELY get off LIGHTLY, is because the judge will have me up there to throw the book at!"

3: "Oh, that's tough. Oh ho ho ho."

2: "I'd like to think that sometime, maybe 10 or 20 years from now, there'd be something I could laugh at... Anything."

"Look! We've figured it seventeen different ways, and every time we figured it, it was no good, because no matter how we figured it, somebody don't like the way we figured it! So now, there's only one way to figure it. And that is, every man, including the old bag, for himself!"

"So good luck, and may the best man win!"

"Right! Except you,lady. May you just drop dead!"

Edited by WordWolf

"Then what happens next? I'll tell you what happens: Then they all decide that I'm supposed to get a smaller share! That I'm somebody extra special stupid, or something! That they don't even care if it's a democracy! And in a democracy, it don't matter how stupid you are, you still get an equal share!"

"1: I wish I knew what they're going to do to us. But no matter what happens to us...

2: "I don't think you have to worry too much about that. My wife is divorcing me, my mother-in-law is suing me for damages, my daughter is applying to the courts to have her name changed, my pension has been revoked. And the only reason that you 10 idiots will very LIKELY get off LIGHTLY, is because the judge will have me up there to throw the book at!"

2: "I'd like to think that sometime, maybe 10 or 20 years from now, there'd be something I could laugh at... Anything."

"Look! We've figured it seventeen different ways, and every time we figured it, it was no good, because no matter how we figured it, somebody don't like the way we figured it! So now, there's only one way to figure it. And that is, every man, including the old bag, for himself!"

"All right, all right, we all agree on that. Now look, let's be sensible about this thing. There's money in this for all of us. Right? There's enough for you, there's enough for you, and for me, and for you, and there's enough for... "

2. "Now for the last time. Are we calling Sylvester or not?"

3. "No! We are not! And I'll tell you why not. Because your son Sylvester is an irresponsible, unreliable, big loudmouth no good bum! Who if he isn't a crook? It's because he doesn't have the brains or ambition even to become a crook!"

4. "I say! Good show!"

1."Mama, who's with you? Where are you talking to me... Where are you?"

2."I'm with this truck driver at Peterson's Garage in a place called Plaster City. And will you just shut up a minute so I can tell you what happened?"

1."Now listen, Mommy, you listen to me close. You stay right there, because I'm coming, Mom. I'm coming to get you right now, Mom."

2."Will you SHUT UP AND LISTEN?"

1."Mama, it's all right. Everything's gonna be all right, Mama. Your baby's coming to get ya. You just sit there. Sit there, relax, take it easy."

2."Sylvester..."

1."I'm coming to get you, Mom!"

2."... shut up and let me talk..."

1. "Everything is gonna be all right!"

3. "Well?"

2."So he's coming here. And I'm not to worry about a thing, because 'everything is going to be all right!'

Exactly like your father: a big, stupid, muscle-headed moron!"

"Anybody can fly a plane, now here: I'll check you out. Put your little hands on the wheel there. Now put your feet on the rudder. There. Who says this ol' boy can't fly this ol' plane? Now I'm gonna make us some Old Fashioneds the old-fashioned way - the way dear old Dad used to!"

"All right, all right, we all agree on that. Now look, let's be sensible about this thing. There's money in this for all of us. Right? There's enough for you, there's enough for you, and for me, and for you, and there's enough for... "

3. "No! We are not! And I'll tell you why not. Because your son Sylvester is an irresponsible, unreliable, big loudmouth no good bum! Who if he isn't a crook? It's because he doesn't have the brains or ambition even to become a crook!"

4. "I say! Good show!"

2."I'm with this truck driver at Peterson's Garage in a place called Plaster City. And will you just shut up a minute so I can tell you what happened?"

1."Now listen, Mommy, you listen to me close. You stay right there, because I'm coming, Mom. I'm coming to get you right now, Mom."

1."Mama, it's all right. Everything's gonna be all right, Mama. Your baby's coming to get ya. You just sit there. Sit there, relax, take it easy."

2."Sylvester..."

3. "Well?"

2."So he's coming here. And I'm not to worry about a thing, because 'everything is going to be all right!'

"Ginger, I want you to prepare yourself for a little shock. When I tell you what happened..."

"So, tell me, tell me. I've got this biscuit dough..."

"The Smiler Grogan case is solved!"

"The WHAT? Now, what the hell is the Smiler Grogan case?"

"The tuna factory robbery! The case I've been talking about for the last fifteen years!"

"Look, why don't we just start digging for it?"

"Well, suppose someone comes along? What do we tell them?"

"Well, we could tell them that we're here on an archeological expedition."

"Aah!"

"We don't tell them anything. We tell them to hit the road or we beat their brains in!"

Edited by WordWolf

"Anybody can fly a plane, now here: I'll check you out. Put your little hands on the wheel there. Now put your feet on the rudder. There. Who says this ol' boy can't fly this ol' plane? Now I'm gonna make us some Old Fashioneds the old-fashioned way - the way dear old Dad used to!"

4. "I say! Good show!"

2."Sylvester..."

3. "Well?"

"Ginger, I want you to prepare yourself for a little shock. When I tell you what happened..."

"So, tell me, tell me. I've got this biscuit dough..."

"The Smiler Grogan case is solved!"

"The WHAT? Now, what the hell is the Smiler Grogan case?"

"The tuna factory robbery! The case I've been talking about for the last fifteen years!"

"Look, why don't we just start digging for it?"

"Well, suppose someone comes along? What do we tell them?"

"Well, we could tell them that we're here on an archeological expedition."

"Aah!"

"We don't tell them anything. We tell them to hit the road or we beat their brains in!"

"Will you take us to Santa Rosita state park?"

"What's the matter, what happened to you? What was ya, in some kind of initiation?"

"We had an accident. We fell into yellow, all right? Hurry up!"

"Now, where have I always told ya that the Smiler hid the dough? Where? Right there!"

"It's only a possibility now, it's only a possibility that this man was telling the truth. And if it was the truth, then it is a fact that this place is almost 200 miles away. Now I suggest that we quietly get into our cars and drive down there at a safe, sound speed, keeping each other in sight of each other. And then when we get down there, we dig up the money - providing there is some money there. And if we do find it, we share it amongst us in a simple manner."