GreaseSpot Cafe

Are You Gooder at Grammar?

Belle

:yawn1: Those dang "boring" exercises stick with us, don't they? I can still relive the nightmares of diagramming sentences if I think about it long enough. :biglaugh: I actually wrote a letter to Mrs. Overcash last year to thank her for her persistence and teaching ability as it obviously worked and stuck with me. I love to write my former teachers when I think of them and how I'm using something they taught me.

Fun and zippy are fine if it works, but it stinks when it doesn't because the kids are the ones who have to pay for the fact that it didn't. :( I just know that you'll get lots of letters down the road from kids you helped and made/make a lasting impression on with your great compassion and skills at helping people help themselves. :love3:

Belle,

Re:"Those dang "boring" exercises stick with us, don't they? I can still relive the nightmares of diagramming sentences if I think about it long enough."

I actually enjoyed those assignments. I would even WAGER that the 20 somethings wouldn't do as well as on this as us old goats.

afi.jpg

sudo

90% here - - I guess I picked the wrong correct answer in #10 - maybe. I think this is fun and it also demonstrates that we should try to use the rules we know, and beef up our skills in areas we don't know.

If you don't clearly understand what's written anywhere, you won't function well...especially now.

It just scares me that so many of the kids (that I know) can't communicate clearly through the written word. I just wonder what business correspondence and white papers are going to look like in the future? Are we, adults, going to have to learn to rd txt msg grmmr 4 th futr?

It's not just kids. A few years ago, the CEO of my company delivered a talk on our new quality initiatives. One of his slides read

PURSUIT OF EXELLENCE IN EVERY AREA

It wasn't easy to avoid pointing out the obvious irony, but I DO still have a job! :lol:

George