GreaseSpot Cafe

our bird, rascal

excathedra

Oh excathedra, I am so sorry. The suggestion of a cage with fresh food is good. Also walking around the neighborhood talking where she can hear you, many times will lure her out of hiding.

Oh and fliers at the local business and veterenarians are also a great idea, because sometimes the bird will seek shelter in a garage or shed and the people do not know where they belong.

Edited by rascal

cockatiel

i've done all the above

thank you so much

it's snowing now

my prayer is she is with someone warm and safe

doing all i can and will be doing more

i just hope she isn't dead, she is my little baby bird (3 yrs old) and of course my son is beside himself with sorrow. it's really his baby

thank you again

i told my son i believe in miracles. he said, "mom you have to believe in them in order for them to happen." he's a good boy

been praying like crazy.

I keep seeing him on wires over snow between two homes when I pray. Homes are seperated by a chain link fence.

Praying and praying...

Praying that God leads him home to you.

Tell your son

Our neighbor's cat was new to them -- perhaps only 9 days or less. She got out and they were going nuts. I prayed everyday outloud that the trees and grass would communicate the way home to the cat.

She came home after a few days -- and it was a brand new home to her.

Simba the dog. I LOVE him. Chow-chow he is a show dog and was in the care of a family member of a client. He was tied to a tree by these idiots. They had him outside in 100 degree weather. Anyway, he got lost or stolen. I was sick as the girl taking him back was in AZ and we were in GA. She paid for all his medical bills until she could fly him out. (waiting for heat to break) She sobbed.

It was I think October 15th. I kept praying. Anyway it was around Dec. 21st that Animal control called with a tag number and it was SIMBA!!! We got him back to his owners

Then, the maltese dogs - I have another thread for them -- found!

Ex, five years ago our cockatiel Molotov flew away as well.

Everyone here has great suggestions. We did all of those plus we put an ad in the paper. We did get some calls but they turned out to be other birds.

Two weeks after she escaped a neighbor several blocks away called and said they saw her drinking from a puddle in their driveway. We hurried over but she had gone before we got there. She never did return to us but I was encouraged by the fact that she had survived just fine for at least a couple of weeks, and that other birds had found their way to people who were keeping them until owners could be located.

I've always hoped and prayed that if we couldn't find her that she found a new home, maybe even nearby.

Sorry for the long post, but you and yours are in our prayers.

Picture her warm and either with bird friends or maybe someone's home.

If I saw a bird like that I would bring her in and look for the owner...

All is not lost...

We have a cockateil and his name is Mr. Peepers.

He says"Mr. Peepers is a pretty bird."

He immitates the fax machine and cell phone rings he is so funny! I love him! I know it would be a terrible loss if he got out so I feel your pain.

they're are so many good people in this world (including y'all)

i ran an ad in the paper (i mentioned heartbroken boy)

when i got home from work, there were two messages on the machine.

one was from a man who says he has cockatiels (plural) and wants to give one to my son. kinda sounded like he might raise them or sell them.

the other was from a lady who said her son moved out and was not able to take his cockatiel with him. they want to give him to my son. his name is bugaboo. he's six years old and he talks and laughs and is very friendly. she said she knew it would not replace his, but to think about it, because they would be great company for each other !!!!! bugaboo is a little lonely.

we are seriously seriously thinking about bugaboo. rascal could have a boyfriend !!!!!!

anyway, i was SO touched. i'll be calling them no matter what.

Awww, I love to hear stuff like this. I'll bet you guys would be great for Bugaboo.

If it were me, I'd just figure Rascal is someplace warm and safe and take in the lonely lil bird. If Rascal returns, he/she'll have a pal. If not, Bugaboo will havea happy new home either way.