GreaseSpot Cafe

Terrible F1 Accident [Image]

GT

Dang – there goes another one of those keys from the PFAL Class!...Maybe it’s just slain in the spirit [Keyboard User in whispering tone: “fall over, fall over”].

Tom Strange------The F1 (Dassault Mirage F1) is a fighter jet, so when you hear of a terrible accident involving an F1 you naturally assume---------

the mirage??? ...those things can't possibly still be flying! ...maybe there are some in the graveyard near Tucson, or on display at some military school... but flying???

The guys here who don't get it?? Must be Mac users.. now.. am I right???

<center>sudo</center>

Well Doc Sudo... I'm NOT a Mac user...

I understand the F1 KEY... but the humor being connected to the F1 Mirage fighter plane... I did NOT get. And I served in the USAF.

The work horse fighter plane when I was in was the F4 Phantom. The F-15 was just being introduced. I saw Harriers on TV, but not in real life...

The most exotic plane I ever saw in person was the SR-71. Now THAT was awesome! And still is. But even that's relegated to graveyards and museums because satellite technology rendered it obsolete as a recon intelligence gathering tool.

And then there were the countless C-130s (I rode in one once... on my way to the USA to go to ROA) and C-141s which I believe have also been decommissioned... and replaced by the C-17 STOL cargo plane. (Short Take Off and Landing). C-17s were only in the dreamed of (and maybe on the drawing board) stage when I was in.

HARSH!!!

I'm a mac user and I got it. GOSH. I have an F1 key.

I DID click the link in apprehension, anticipating twisted steel, etc. instead I got my first good laugh of the day.

sudo

Harumpppphhh! I got it right off --

G-3 Mac, with 10.9.1 (or something like that) Mac OS, and Firefox as well.

Methinks the *short circuit* lies between the typer's chair,

and the keyboard!!

:P

mac.gif

Methinks the *short circuit* lies between the typer's chair,

and the keyboard!!

mac.gif

har har!! an id10T error caused the surplus of downforce, no doubt.

and ditto

mac.gif