GreaseSpot Cafe

snow

likeaneagle

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WG, the only tale I have is that I'm already tired of this snow! Heh heh.

I'm trapped. The city plows dumped a 6-ft. deep (front to back), 3-ft. high pile of their "scrapings" at the end of my driveway. There's no way I can shovel that much heavy, icy stuff. It's not worth a heart attack! My son's car is broken down and in the garage awaiting repairs, and he has no way to get over here to dig me out.

I'm on two waiting lists for snow removal companies....maybe one of them can make it tomorrow.

At first I thought that the snow behind my car was just a drift, so when the little boy across the street came asking if he could shovel my walk, I thought, "Great! He can dig out a path for my car!" But when I went out to show him where to dig and got a closer look, I realized it wasn't just a drift.

Thank God for that little boy, though. The drifted snow is thigh-deep all around my house, and it's not the light, fluffy stuff, so it's extremely hard to walk through, at least with my short legs! I had him dig a path from my back door to the side street, which my garage faces, so when I finally get my car dug out, I'll be able to walk in the street to get to it. And he made a path down the front sidewalk for the poor mail man.

I'm thankful I'm the child of Great Depression survivors, because I usually have enough staples around the house, and the only prescription I must have, I just got refilled. So other than being out of milk and patience, I'll survive. :rolleyes:

snowed in here too

5 feet of drifts in the drive way and the plow guy hasn't come yet

but that's ok

i have plenty of food,cigs, and WINE!

jard

in all due respect..

i don't think it was the smartest thing you ever did in your life, to take your son out to see his girl friend in a blizzard!

that is how disasters happen

stay home if you can.tommorow is another day.

Edited by coolchef

whoa--I actually went snowblind today which has never happened to me before.

It was gorgeous today, brilliant sun with crystal clear blue skies, and a bout 2+ feet of brilliant white everywhere laced over the hills.

Crusty and heavy-- a good workout to shovel it all----especially since my workshop had been plowed up against the door ( grrr...). I didnt realize how bright it was outside until I finally made it inside my shop and couldnt see anything at all for a good half hour-which was very spooky-

It took a long while for my eyes to readjust

best to wear the shades next time---

jard

in all due respect..

i don't think it was the smartest thing you ever did in your life, to take your son out to see his girl friend in a blizzard!

Hi Cheffie ~

I hear ya. I didn't mean for it to sound like I risked our lives. We were just in our neighborhood on a couple of streets that were plowed. It wasn't snowing when I dropped him, but started coming down on the way home. Got stuck turning in her (unplowed) driveway/street and the deep pile at the foot of my driveway where they had plowed (thought I could barrel through) :biglaugh:

But thanks for your concern. I wouldn't take a chance on doing something too stupid in that kinda weather. :confused:

Tonto ~

PM

J.

I think that in the song, they must have been singing about Mad Dog 20-20. That is: Mogan David 20-20. And, I was just joking with C Chef when it came to wine. We all know that BFAW is garbage. In reality, if I get to have my druthers (and I do when I want to), I'd rather drink a good Merlot. Dry-er red wine is for me.

Y'all stole our snow. ;)

The JOHN BEARGREASE SLED DOG MARATHON has been cancelled. :(

I've got a back yard here that is more brown than white.

And the trails out there through the woods look the same.

On it's 25th anniversary, Beargrease is cancelled due to lack of snow.

I've used my new snow shovel only ONCE this year.

We're putting up with frigid temps instead.

In my own sick way -- I envy you!! :P

It's so pretty outside! There's icicle buds on the trees. With all the snow and the ice buds, it looks like a winter wonderland...Wish I could upload a picture of it for you all.

And when the sun shines on it, it's glamorous!

we had an inch or two, but the wind made huge drifts ... we were ready to go get the new 4 wheel drive sport red silverado ... but couldn't get out the lane ... even the tractor got stuck on the thick ice under all the snow ... 40's and 50's next week though :)

Edited by rhino

We're having our heat wave, its 26 degrees as I type! Next week we won't get as warm as you, Danny, or even you Rhino, but at least it will be above freezing. I forget what that's like. And no more snow until Friday!

We got a lot of snow here in Colorado. Too much
Not too bad here in Nebraska, but folks seem to forget what snow is like every year and have to re-learn how to drive. :rolleyes: Good thing neither of us live up in Alaska, I hear they get more snow than Colorado and Nebraska put together.

• 2 weeks later...