GreaseSpot Cafe

norway murders

excathedra

I think TWI was just like any other church.

A read of the Old Testament sure shows the same.

One day God's chosen are great the next they were more evil than

all that came before them.

The leadership tried to shield us from life as it is.

Life is very messy. And shielding us from the truth was a way of control.

Their special way of believing was so not powerful.

And all their revelation. If the twig guy didn't hear God then the branch guy and so on to the top.

You mean VP wasn't listening to save those people.

There in lies the rub, cult teaching equals the same old no power church.

Same sheet different twig.

Rascal,

It wasn't an "entire W.O.W. family", it was just one. But then, one is plenty when we're talking murder, ain't it?

It happened in Alexander City, Al. in 1979 or early'80 (memory gets a bit hazy now).

It was only a few miles from where I was sent, but I only found out about it after a few beers with

a branch leader, and the alcohol started talking. Nobody was supposed to know.

The Corps "Branch leader" (a serious whackjob from what I could tell) got in an argument with one of his W.O.W.s

and settled it the old fashioned way - and shot him dead. The W.O.W. went home in a pine box and the BL didn't go home at all.

He was still in an Alabama prison last I heard...

I remember that! Hadn't thought about it in so long. I had completely blocked it out of my mind. I was on my interim year as a WOW "branch?" coordinator in Alabama. We were definitely told to "lockbox" what happened. I never knew exactly what happened except that the bc got so teed off at one of the Wows that he shot him dead. I remember that the "leadership" was upset because they had told the murderer's wife to forget about him and move back out of the state but she stayed near the prison where he was incarcerated. They may have been family corps.

Yes, that was such a "great year". I knew that murderer because I was WOW in Tuscaloosa and closest to Alexander City. We had a plan from meetings with the limb coordinator to meet the murderer and his Wow family in the woods and survive off the land when the country was supposed to fall that year. Oh yes, we had our fifty pound sack of millet and maps of the Alabama wilderness where we were supposed to meet when the sh**t hit the fan. Made for a great time, especially when I found out about the murder...

I remember that! Hadn't thought about it in so long. I had completely blocked it out of my mind. I was on my interim year as a WOW "branch?" coordinator in Alabama. We were definitely told to "lockbox" what happened. I never knew exactly what happened except that the bc got so teed off at one of the Wows that he shot him dead. I remember that the "leadership" was upset because they had told the murderer's wife to forget about him and move back out of the state but she stayed near the prison where he was incarcerated. They may have been family corps.

Yes, that was such a "great year". I knew that murderer because I was WOW in Tuscaloosa and closest to Alexander City. We had a plan from meetings with the limb coordinator to meet the murderer and his Wow family in the woods and survive off the land when the country was supposed to fall that year. Oh yes, we had our fifty pound sack of millet and maps of the Alabama wilderness where we were supposed to meet when the sh**t hit the fan. Made for a great time, especially when I found out about the murder...

Wow

What an awful WOW year! Do you recall his name? The year? Was it around 1976 ish?

There was a serial killer who was with TWI and was written about in Ann Rule's book, I forget which one, the Lust Killer or the I-95 Killer, or another, I can't remember the title. I bought it years ago. Every time I looked at the guy's picture, I thought, he really does look familar. Then there, at his trial, his involvement with TWI is brought up - he even went to ROA and worked in the large food services tent. I thought - aha - that's where I'd seen him. I had worked with him!

This guy was a serial murderer. He got involved in TWI, I think in Michigan, somewhere in the midwest. Some ladies' car had broken down, they were older women coming home from a fellowship. He stopped and fixed the car. They invited him to the next fellowship, he went. He became a fellowship regular, I think even took the class, I don't know, but he was involved for quite awhile. He started dating one of the women. Later, he murdered her.

Of course, this was not mentioned at TWI.

That was discussed in this thread...

http://www.greasespotcafe.com/ipb/index.ph...st&p=178225

Wow

What an awful WOW year! Do you recall his name? The year? Was it around 1976 ish?

Let's see, it was my 9th Corps interim year, must have been 79/80. It was pretty awful, undoubtably the worst year of my life. On top of everything else my Mom died that year and I wasn't able to "leave the field" to be with her. It's taken a lot of His lovingkindness and tender mercies to forgive myself for not being there for her.

Does anyone else remember the "sky is falling, the sky is falling", let's plan on living off the land in the wilderness when the country falls spiel?

That was my first year in rez. I ended up graduating with the 11th - so we may have ended up knowing each other....

That survival thing - YIKES! Br*tt L*nn got usl all prepared - and it was skeery!

I didn't hear any rumbles of any WOW's committing murder. (and some rumors did get through the cracks on occasion.)

Edited by doojable

Does anyone else remember the "sky is falling, the sky is falling", let's plan on living off the land in the wilderness when the country falls spiel?

Yup ... I was in a small town in West Virginia, so the storm troopers wouldn't have found us for some time anyway. LOL But I got a shot gun for me and winter wear for everyone. Even bought some junk silver, on which we actually ended up making a few bucks when we sold it. I forget what scenario was supposed to happen. Some sort of a coup? Or marshall law? Gawd ... I wonder if any of them really believed that, or it was all just a gimmick to keep us hopping?

• 8 months later...
I told you, Ex10, that I would update you as I have information, and I will. I've contact the Norwegian authorities, and while much information prior to 1990 is held on microfiche and in paper form, they have been very kind and will be sending a snail-mail packet to me.

When that arrives, I'll scan and copy what they send. As you know, my concern was not having enough information upon which to proceed and didn't want to waste time, but, your information was particularly helpful. Jan Henriksen is the name on record, and whether or not twi was referenced in particular, I have no information at present.

The only information I will receive is that which is considered public record. My Norwegian is not as strong as my Danish, but, a qualified translator will look over everything before I post it, just to be sure it's accurate.

Until then,

~QT

Funny, I don't even remember seeing this thread before... I resurrected this thread because (IMO) it brought up quite a few items of (sad) interest that seem to have been left hanging "out there"...

QUIET THINKER: have you found out any further information in that last nine months?

SUNESIS: did you ever have the time to find out which of Ann Rule's books it was?

TWIs COMPLICITY: IF YOU were running a ministry wouldn't you want to be a little more careful about WHO you were sending somewhere to 'work for you' running your classes? ...probably not, if you were not willing to accept any responsibility. And what about the MALPAKs? I know that part of what we were all supposed to put together for survival during 'the coming anarchy' was a gun (for protection and food hunting). Did the guy in Alabama already have a gun 'laying around'? OR was it there to be part of his malpak? I know that when I was a WOW we didn't have any guns laying around.

What think ye?

Tom, yes, I gave Excie the info, she found it and posted it on another thread that was around the time as this original one. She gave the pic, book title, and the page text for all to read. :)

thanks Sunesis... dangit! now I've got to go "search" again?!?!

I'm really curious to see what Quit Thinker found out... does anyone out there no her?

My husband and I were in Athens, Ohio, in 1979-80 and I don't think we were ever told anything about any conspiracy where we should prepare with guns, sacks of millet or anything? Was this supposed to be a situation where only the WC were to survive and the rest of us peons were sacrificial lambs? We were both FLO grads, too.

I didn't attend every meeting of the Live Advanced Class in Athens in 1979, but I sure 'nuff don't remember any "sky is falling" scenario being mentioned there.

Nice, huh? Apparently the armies of evil were going to be busy hunting us down and killing us so the WC could escape?

Sweet!

WG

My husband and I were in Athens, Ohio, in 1979-80 and I don't think we were ever told anything about any conspiracy where we should prepare with guns, sacks of millet or anything? Was this supposed to be a situation where only the WC were to survive and the rest of us peons were sacrificial lambs? We were both FLO grads, too.

I didn't attend every meeting of the Live Advanced Class in Athens in 1979, but I sure 'nuff don't remember any "sky is falling" scenario being mentioned there.

Nice, huh? Apparently the armies of evil were going to be busy hunting us down and killing us so the WC could escape?

Sweet!

WG

You obviously never hung out in 'certain' people's basements in the mid '70's inspecting food supplies and rations after "class"!

I guess you just had to be one of the "chosen" by the "Directorate"! :biglaugh:

All of this making more opportunity for barnyard Farm conversation when we finally get back there. Btw., finding lots of very mature worms in rich fertile soil over there lately! :biglaugh:

Bumpy, that was a serious question. Was there in fact some sort of disaster going to happen, at least in the minds of the elite and the WC, that the WC only were to prepare to survive and the rest of us were sacrificial lambs?

Our BC at that time was a snooty, superior, 6th WC grad who would have been "in the know."

You would think, if that were the case, someone who loved God and loved the people they thought God had given them to take care of would have wanted them to be prepared to survive some invasion or whatever also.

Can anyone out there shed some light on this? I mean, at the time we were totally committed to what we thought was God's ministry, and the idea that we were to be left to die so that the WC and BOT could escape to the hills is absolutely horrifying. I mean, I knew at the time we were not valued by the Woman of God who ran our branch, but it sounds like the whole TWI was that way, too.

WG