polar bear

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Joe Fair # 3 on the IndieCharts

Way Of Peace

http://iacmusic.com/iac_chart_display.aspx...&week_id=45

Sweet! Joe's a classic. Always good to hear.

Tom, I knew you'd understand. You don't actually need to listen to the first two, in fact they work perfectly well as visual communications.

AC DC on the other hand work extremely well as an audio presentation and much like the first two, make you wish the videos were longer. But the visuals...hmmm, well, yeah, the music is GREAT!

Tom, I'm the first one to admit I don't know a thing about music. I really just know what moves me.

....BUT - I know how to Google! ;)

What Pat Metheny plays in Sound of Water

Certainly the use of the Picasso guitar for “The Sound of Water” is an even more obvious display of the multi-dimensional musical mind of Metheny. The forty-eight string instrument seemed less of a gimmick than a practical tool to enable the musician (who helped create and design it (with Toronto luthier Linda Manzer) to bring a concept to fruition. Likewise, the use of the synth-guitar toward set’s end sounded like an appropriate means toward an expressive end as the group genuinely rocked sans the clichés of a style so closely aligned with the guitar hero role.

There are lots of great links on that page.