GreaseSpot Cafe

I don't get it

polar bear

Okay get this. The way disciples this year were sent out to the same city they were from. They had to quit their jobs. Go for training? Then they went back to this same city for six months and had to find a new job.

When they finished the big "to do" was about how many people they had talked to. That was it.

Can you beleive that peole are actually still doing this, and that they haven't figured it out yet.

All to promote the corporation. Someone hit me over the head for doing this a couple of times in my past.

Edited by polar bear

Okay get this. The way disciples this year were sent out to the same city they were from. They had to quit their jobs. Go for training? Then they went back to this same city for six months and find a new job.

When they finished the big "to do" was about how many people they had talked to. That was it.

Abso-frickin--lutely unbelievable!

You know some of us stuck around as long as we did because we didn't know a lot of that stuff talked about here at GS was going on. People who are still in TWI are totally blind and get what they deserve. I know I was blind too, but at some point you snap out of it when all the evidence is trying to smack you in the face. You want to feel sorry for these people but the other side of the coin is "you reap what you sow".

What's even more amazing is that there are people who post here at GS and are still involved with TWI. I just don't quite understand that. When I read this post, I felt a sickness in my gut.

IMO, TWI has some mighty wicked people leading that ungodly beast of a ministry. I am utterly disgusted.

Lone Wolf McQuade

Okay get this. The way disciples this year were sent out to the same city they were from. They had to quit their jobs. Go for training? Then they went back to this same city for six months and find a new job.

Can you beleive that peole are actually still doing this, and that they haven't figured it out yet.

All to promote the corporation. Someone hit me over the head for doing this a couple of times in my past.

Rosalie Fox Rivenbark and company........have administered an agenda that is reaching PITIFULLY LOW in twi.

:evildenk:

I went Way Disc.iple. That year we stayed in our limbs (and yes, I was disappointed). One of guys, we used his same old apartment he moved out of to go Way D. But he couldn't live there. We were a team, half guys half girls, team leader or whatever being one of the women. So this guy was sent across town with the other guys, and the women moved into his old apartment. That must of felt really weird for him.

Way D stunk. It was more about getting the other wayfers excited than actually accomplishing anything. What a waste.

F U twi

Go Way Disciple - We've been screwing up lives for 60+ years!

How many folks went WD? Are they still requiring WC wanna be's to go? Are they still hiding the number of "new" folks being welcomed to the fold?

That's just wrong on so many levels and it's just so sad that, with all the information available to them, folks are still allowing TWI to manipulate them and destroy their lives. :cryhug_1_:

Everyone going Corps must go Way D, even if they've been Way D before.

I believe my group "witnessed" to 14,000 people. Maybe a dozen or so came to fellowship. One to the class (barely). After the class that was it for him. Smart guy.

LWMc,

Re:"You know some of us stuck around as long as we did because we didn't know a lot of that stuff talked about here at GS was going on."

LCN told TWI followers that they should stay OFF the Internet as much as possible. Do you think that's the main reason current TWI folks don't find the Greasespot forums on the Internet? And on a personal note.. how did YOU finally find us? You've changed your tune from your first posts here you know. :biglaugh:

sudo

Well, trust me, I knew TWI got to a place of total control. That's why I left in 2000. I was here at 2000, back then, WayDale, and posted for awhile but then split. I heard about it through a friend who also left around the same time I did.

My tune hasn't changed per se. Although I am more convinced now that VPW was a plagiarist and a womanizer. But I still disagree slightly from some here who say he never did an ounce of good in his ministry. I'm still thankful for the good I was taught in TWI.

But as for Craig, I have nothing good to say about his leadership or his ministry.

Lone Wolf

The way disciples this year were sent out to the same city they were from. They had to quit their jobs. Go for training? Then they went back to this same city for six months and had to find a new job. When they finished the big "to do" was about how many people they had talked to. That was it.
That year we stayed in our limbs (and yes, I was disappointed). One of guys, we used his same old apartment he moved out of to go Way D. But he couldn't live there. We were a team, half guys half girls, team leader or whatever being one of the women. So this guy was sent across town with the other guys, and the women moved into his old apartment.

All of the above is simply proof positive that the Way's outreach strategies are finely honed and crafted by their Department of Redundancy Department.

:confused::doh:

I believe my group "witnessed" to 14,000 people. Maybe a dozen or so came to fellowship. One to the class (barely). After the class that was it for him. Smart guy.

14,ooo to 1 closing ratio-----Hmmmmm--------not even that, since he split after the class.

Not a personal reflection on you Bolski, but I think their current promotional campaign may be -------ummm----FLAWED!

Lone Wolf

I think I might understand partly how you feel.

Even though I had not attended a twig in years (and did not know about most of what went on after I stopped going), I still felt like I was part of TWI somehow.

That is, of course, until some of this stuff started to unfold before me as I searched for a replacement for my PFAL book.

Life sure can take some unexpected twists and turns.( and that's not always a bad thing.)

Bolshevik, you said...

Well, that says it all doesn't it? Absolutely nothing anyone can say can outdo that sentence right there. 14,000 people....1 comes, and then he's gone.

Does that sound like the Lord's presence?

Lone Wolf McQuade

I don't get it.

Unless there were groups of people from the same city or state, everyone couldn't have gone to their home limb or city.

And you know there aren't that many people going WayD.

It would seem unlikely that there were only people from a few states going and they all went back to their old state.

What am I missing?

What's not to get?

In our group we never even drove out to a root local. We sat in the LCs living room for the announcement and. . .Ta Da!! Your witnessing to your neighbor. (Just like you did last week).

Way Math:

Johnny's Way Disciple Team speaks to 14,000 people and 12 people come to fellowhsip. How successful is Johnny's Team?

0.0857% of the people came to fellowship.

Outcome: Very successful! :blink:

-------------

I wonder if they counted every time they said, "you want fries with that?" as talking to people... ? :doh:

What's not to get?

In our group we never even drove out to a root local. We sat in the LCs living room for the announcement and. . .Ta Da!! Your witnessing to your neighbor. (Just like you did last week).

So, if there's not more than one WayD signup in a state, they can't go?

We get the "stay in your own state" part ...what we don't get is what did TWI do if there was only one or two people from an area signed up? Did they get "sent" WayD solo? Did they have to wait until they could convince 3 other suckers to go? Did they have to move somewhere else?

What year was this btw? I got out in late 2001. If I remember correctly, that year people stayed in their own regions, not necessarily their own states.

oh oh, sorry lindyhopper, yes we stayed in the regions. We stayed in the same town as the limb coordinator of the assigned state, which happened to be where most of the wayfers lived. So half the disciples came from very close, (one dude in the same house) I came from within the same limb about an hour away, another an hour away in another state, and one other a few hours away.

Your right, not everyone came from the same town. (in our case, most did though, not all).

Either way, it was a complete waste :rolleyes:

How the heck did they pick some of those places?

Fargo, North Dakota

Sanford, Maine

Boise, Idaho

Burlington, Vermont

WTF?

Geeze---Chas---------. Don't you remember when VPW thumbed his nose at organized religion's missionary programs because they had committees that actually took an academic approach to deciding where missionaries should be sent?

According to VP, he made these decisions based on revelation that was given directly by God and ignored what his mind might tell him was a logical choice. I heard him teach various paramutations of this approach on many occasions.(mostly on SNS or class tapes)

He probably just had a dart board he tossed darts at but God told him WHERE to toss the darts, "dontchaknow?"