GreaseSpot Cafe

Stupid Revelation

nandon

whats the dumbest revelation that you or your leadership ever got?

small scale stuff, like we all know about the corpse full time thing, or anything lcm said for that matter.. that was all dumb, not his stuff...

one time my dad had the region coordinator over for a meeting, my dad puts on this way prod. song, the region coord comes up to him and says, "i really like that song, must have been revelation for you to know to put it on."

at the time, my dad was kinda proud, when he told me, i was like icon_rolleyes.gif:rolleyes:-->

I knew a corps grad that told me that he had received revelation that he was to enter into the race for the US Senate...

He had never attended college and had no political experience. When I asked him how he intended to run his campaign...he grinned and said "I dunno"...and then he popped another beer...he was serious.

A couple of weeks ago, following the worst-ever-in-Reno-history snow (when snow/slush is still on the ground), I have this little KIA sportage. . .and the freeway was backed up for miles, so, I thought to take a shortcut.

The "shortcut is over an unpaved dirt-snow-mud road.

Stupid idea.

Holy Spirit said, "don't even try it. Take the paved road."

Going past the other end of the "shortcut" there are bigger and more formidable off-road models of reno 4-wheel trucks stuck in the "road" I was going to try.

This was stupid revelation because I shouldn't have even been thinking of driving that "road." An idiot would have known better.

I felt realllly stupid.

Kit

In 1979 three carloads of us drove from NYC to New Knoxville for the weekend; attended a Sunday service in the BRC, slept in the cabin.

One of the guys claimed that he was receiving revelation on where the cops were so we could safely exceed the speed limit.

Until we got that speeding ticket on the way home icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

When I was a kid in the WOW program my naive 19 year old WOW siter brought this obviously gay guy to tiwg. I mean this guy wore clogs, had a lisp, wore a purse and gestured like a 12 year old girl. He sat thru twig and giggled at evrything, almost cried laughing at the SIT's.

Then afterwards he was flipping thru "The Queering of America" issue of Heart Magazine. The one that says that Cagney and Lacey were secretly lesbians and had a gay looking Uncle Sam on the cover.

He laughed at that and left.

When he left my WOW family was trying to figure out where we went wrong, why he didn't want to take the class or come back to twig. I was 11 years old at the time and said "maybe because he's a homo".

Everyone looked at me like I had three heads. This was 1981 , before the Political Correct era, so it wasn't because I said "homo". It just never occured to them that this guy was gay.

Next day my WOW sister comes home from work and says she spoke to the guy and he told her he was gay.

Calls wen out to out Limb leader and an announcment was made "Georgio got revelation!"

People cried tears of joy and wonderment at how amazing it was that a child could be so in tune with God. It was declared that I had a heightened ability to discern the "spirit of homosexuality"

Rediculous.