GreaseSpot Cafe

C2 taser

RottieGrrrl

I'm serious. I've been looking at tasers, a stun gun, but non-lethal weapon. taser gun Look at the pretty pink one. can anyone give me details on thse things? I know a security guy who would give me lessons. But I want to know about it before I even consider buying it. It would be for home protection.

How does it work? How many "shots" does it have in it? How effective is it? etc. etc. etc.

And what is the difference between this one and the more expensive ones that have more "Cartridges" in them?

Edited by RottieGrrrl

I'm serious. I've been looking at tasers, a stun gun, but non-lethal weapon. taser gun Look at the pretty pink one. can anyone give me details on thse things? I know a security guy who would give me lessons. But I want to know about it before I even consider buying it. It would be for home protection.

How does it work? How many "shots" does it have in it? How effective is it? etc. etc. etc.

And what is the difference between this one and the more expensive ones that have more "Cartridges" in them?

I hope you aren't bringing that out on the dance floor!!

I hope you aren't bringing that out on the dance floor!!

No, but I told my boss if he doesn't keep in line I might bring it to work...;)

But I'm wondering if "hot pink" might be too obvious. Should I get black? If I get it at all! I'd like to hear from someone who has some knowledge of these things and how they work, before I rush out and get some piece of junk or something that will not work right.

This is information I gained when I looked at one and the information is still the same except for better colors coming out according to this.

It's small enough to fit in your pocket, and we don't know about how it will be used,'' said Fred Wilson, director of operations at the Alexandria, Virginia-based National Sheriffs' Association, which is considering issuing guidelines to members about how to confront civilians wielding the weapons. ``There is concern out there.''

A Taser stun gun fires probes connected to thin electric cables to deliver a jolt of electricity that causes temporary paralysis. The probes aren't supposed to penetrate, instead making contact with the skin or clothing. The electric signals confuse the body's nervous system.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=206...&refer=home

http://news.softpedia.com/news/The-Taser-G...ock-46573.shtml

Shellon thanks for the links, and I looked at the othe link by socks, a cell phone taser. I'm reading this info and did I get this straight? Stun guns are banned in Illinois? WHaaaaat? I'm considering getting a non lethal weapon for home protection and who the hell decides that as a civilian I'm not responsible enough?

I can see making people take classes but outright banning is unGodly. Like I said before, I guess the criminals are the lucky ones because they don't follow the rules. The hell with them. I'll get one if I want one. And if I DO get one I'll learn how to use it, and I guess I'll take my chances with the law should someone decide to try to murder or rape me.

What do the police want me to do, point my cell phone at Mr. Rapist/Murderer and threaten to call 911?

Sheesh.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

I just tried to order a taser, yeah the pretty pink one... and it CAN'T BE SHIPPED TO ILLINOIS!!!!!!!!!!!!

SO I CAN GO OUT AND BUY A FREAKING HANDGUN NO PROBLEM BUT I CAN'T GET A NON-LETHAL WEAPON???????????

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

RRR

I'm reading this info and did I get this straight? Stun guns are banned in Illinois? WHaaaaat? I'm considering getting a non lethal weapon for home protection and who the hell decides that as a civilian I'm not responsible enough?

do your research and get one anyway... they can ticket you later if they think it will stick... which you can then probably easily beat...

do your research and get one anyway... they can ticket you later if they think it will stick... which you can then probably easily beat...

I just tried another website and it looks like my info is going through. I won't get my pink one but we can't have everything can we?

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

I just tried to order a taser, yeah the pretty pink one... and it CAN'T BE SHIPPED TO ILLINOIS!!!!!!!!!!!!

SO I CAN GO OUT AND BUY A FREAKING HANDGUN NO PROBLEM BUT I CAN'T GET A NON-LETHAL WEAPON???????????

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

RRR

That totally sucks Rottie. If you still want some info on Tasers, I have the instruction book right in front of me. We carry the X26, nasty piece of work but most of the info is the same for all.

Edited by Eyesopen

(eyesopen, has anyone ever told you that you look like Angelina Jolie?)

It has come up a time or two... :biglaugh:

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

RRR

I agree that is ridiculous. If you know and trust someone in another state or one close to you, see if you can have it shipped there. Then make arrangements to pick it up or have it mailed to you from their state.

I agree that is ridiculous. If you know and trust someone in another state or one close to you, see if you can have it shipped there. Then make arrangements to pick it up or have it mailed to you from their state.

I was thinking the same thing. But I just talked to our security guy at work and he told me to let him do some checking and see what he can get me. So that's what I'll do for now.

Rottie, I'm not saying you should or shouldn't get a taser, but just so you're aware, tasers can and do kill.

http://www.azcentral.com/specials/special4...rlist24-ON.html

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/local/201827_taser01.html

I'd hate for you to use it thinking it would just stun someone, but they end up dead from a heart attack.