GreaseSpot Cafe

Poetry Published

I Love Bagpipes

:wave:

I've posted some of my poems on the forums here from time to time and have appreciated folks reading them and the comments. Thank you very much for your kind and encouraging words. :)

Well.....20 of my poems were recently published in a book entitled Seeking the Spiritual. Tis my first time being published but is the 7th book the other poets have put together. I have 20 poems in the book, and I have a pen name. ;) You can probably figure it out if you click below and read the author list. The names in parenthesis are our screen names at the poetry site.

http://www.poetrypages.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=51150

Anyhoo, just wanted to announce it. Consider yourselves once again spammed. ;)

btw: Special thanks to Shellon and Pond and Oenophile for encouraging me to find a place for my pennings, and to frickafrack for pointing me in the direction toward PoetryPages. :)

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearc...07667&itm=5

http://www.amazon.com/Seeking-Spiritual-Ki...n/dp/0976807661

(From the inside back cover):

About the Authors

From the mind of the poet.... to the keyboard....

to PoetryPages.com.... to you.

The authors found within these pages have formed a unique bond. The majority of us have never met and due to the vast amount of miles that separate us, most never will, yet we congregate almost daily in an intimate corner of cyber space to celebrate our love of poetry, our immense respect for one another and the beauty and power of the written word.

We share our thoughts, fears, loves, hates, and humor. Sometimes we drape them in colorful metaphor, sometimes we paint them black and occasionally we slam them home with the power of minimalism and pure simplicity.

We present intricate word pictures of changing seasons, form spinning flurries of snow falling through the halo of a street light to the fiery heat of the summer sun beating down upon youth. We offer our insights into the pinnacles of man's achievements and visit the depths of the darkest corners of his psyche.

Poetry can open the door to a whole new view on life, burrowing deep into the shadows of the past and freeing cherished memories that may have been lost and forgotten.

It has been said that "a picture paints a thousand words." We believe that the right words can paint a million pictures.

:eusa_clap::eusa_clap::eusa_clap: Congrats, Bagpipes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is so cool!!!!!!!!!!! Gonna have to get a copy…why did you pick such a plain pen name like “Tom Watson”? I mean – you don’t even look like a Tom.

The authors found within these pages have formed a unique bond. The majority of us have never met and due to the vast amount of miles that separate us, most never will, yet we congregate almost daily in an intimate corner of cyber space to celebrate our love of poetry, our immense respect for one another and the beauty and power of the written word.

We share our thoughts, fears, loves, hates, and humor. Sometimes we drape them in colorful metaphor, sometimes we paint them black and occasionally we slam them home with the power of minimalism and pure simplicity.

We present intricate word pictures of changing seasons, form spinning flurries of snow falling through the halo of a street light to the fiery heat of the summer sun beating down upon youth. We offer our insights into the pinnacles of man's achievements and visit the depths of the darkest corners of his psyche.

Poetry can open the door to a whole new view on life, burrowing deep into the shadows of the past and freeing cherished memories that may have been lost and forgotten.

It has been said that "a picture paints a thousand words." We believe that the right words can paint a million pictures."

I just wanted to add that I love this line about words painting a million pictures! I wish you all great and continued success!

Edited by RainbowsGirl

:redface2:

Gosh.....thank you for all the kind comments.....gulp.

Are you bags123????

LOL.....oops.....didn't even think about Gerry's (bags123) screen name. No, I'm not bags; bags is very much male.

Hint: The names in parenthesis are site screen names. The names not in parenthesis are author's real/pen names.

Or if you want me to just tell you, I can do that too. :wink2:

Tbone - Tom Watson - hahahahahah.

signed: token backwards :wink2:

I want to purchase this book and read it. If I like it, can I post it on my website?

Eagle

I don't see why not. The only money we make goes into keeping it in circulation. :biglaugh: Most all the poems are online too, but that's be a huge search. (lol)

It is not a Christian book. The poets come from a variety of beliefs: pagan, catholic, agnostic, christian, and I dunno what else.

Thank you kindly Eagle....

ILB

:wave:

Dear ILB,

I have read most of them and your story. You did a fantastistic job. they show a lot of versatility too. For all that you have been through and overcome; It is so commendable of you to expose your heart, soul, and life! It is so inspiration to read your story! Bravo!

Thank you Ex and Kit.

I have debated whether or not to post the following link. My decision (as I often say) is obvious. It is a link to my poetry archive. :spy: The archive is in process and always under construction. :wink2:

http://www.poetrypages.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=50569

Thank you'ins again.

Cheers!

:beer::dance::beer:

Wow Bagpipes. Thanks so much for sharing the link. Your life story made me cry. You are amazing and talented. I didn't read all the poems yet but I'll definitely go back and read and re-read them. Just wanted to tell you how much I appreciated your talent and willingness to share it.

Do you play the bagpipes? My 15 year old son is learning to play them.

Thank you wrds&wrks.

"Amazing and talented" LOL and :redface2:

I hardly fit those categories, but t'anks!

Those folks in Cirque de Sol (sp?).....now that's amazing and talented!!!! :biglaugh:

No, I do not play bagpipes. But they engender a "call of the wild" feeling in me. (Well, depends on the song.) Fiddles and flutes and penny whistles do the same. (Sometimes gnomes appear :wink2: .) Must be the Scots in me blood. I like pirates too.

The only wind instrument I "play" is the recorder.

That is way cool about your son!! Not too many pipe players around.

Here, he might enjoy the link below.

I love it!! In fact me wrote a short rhymish to introduce it:

Jack Sparrow!! Will Turner!!

All ye pirates come ashore!

When once ye watch this

if ye be not cheery

Ye have no pirate in ye

And I pray for ye bloody souls...

The Fredericton Society of St Andrews Pipe Band perform Captain Horne in Calypso style.

(That's me and Doojable jiving on the table. JUST KIDDING!!! :rolleyes: But it would be, iffin we wuz there.

Hey Dooj, let's board the next Black Pearl and help furl her sails!!! :biglaugh: No tequila or bourbon; must be rum. Jack Sparrow provides nice quarters for all who provide rum. :beer: )

Edited by I Love Bagpipes