GreaseSpot Cafe

When is this Decade Going to Stop Prevailing?

JavaJane

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like "The Decade of Deliverance"

...insert banjo pickin' -

do dee doodee doodee doodee doooo....

"You shore do have a purdy mouth..."

"Come on boy, squeal! Yeee hawwww!"

do dee doodee doodee doodee doooo....

"How come he didn't have his vest on?...how come he wasn't wearin' one?"....

do doo doo doodee doodee doooooo....

"What happened after that last decade? I don't remember nothin'....."

do doodee doodee doooooo....

"NOTHIN'!"

Edited by socks

Let's see... the decade of prevailing started in 1990...

And it's 2007 now...

And that's... uh... 2000, plus 7 more years...

Well, you see, a decade is ten years NOW, but back in the old testament days, it was really a lot longer, so it's okay for us to celebrate the decade of prevailing for 20-25 years or so!!!

As hard as she tries, rosie just can't train donna how to set the thing..

Maybe their needle is stuck on a groove in the recording and they just need a little shove... ?

They can't find the groove in the CD..

Edited by Mr. Hammeroni

I am reminded of an old joke

Seems a local church hired a new pastor and were eagerly looking forwrad to his sermon--come Sunday the pastor stands and preaches a firely sermon the brings tears to the eyes. the congregation suitably impressed praise him as they shake his hand while leaving the church.

THe next Sunday is eagerly anticipated and the pastor stands and delivers the EXACT SAME sermon as the previous Sunday. The congregation is a bit more subdued and slightly confused.

On the third Sunday the past again preachs the SAME SERMON. Now, becoming alarmed, the deacons send the most senior elder to speak with the pastor.

The elder gets right to the point "Pastor, we are concerned because you are preaching the same sermon over and over, what is the problem, here?"

To which the pastor replies, " I'm waiting for the congregation to apply what they've been taught before moving on to the next point."

Could it be that TWI is still trying to pervail and is thus stuck??

Let's see... the decade of prevailing started in 1990...

And it's 2007 now...

And that's... uh... 2000, plus 7 more years...

Well, you see, a decade is ten years NOW, but back in the old testament days, it was really a lot longer, so it's okay for us to celebrate the decade of prevailing for 20-25 years or so!!!

Like I said, the Decade of Prevailing II - Rosie's REVENGE!!

Well you see, it's like this:

In the Hebrew a "decade" isn't ten years at all. It's really twenty. The significance of the number "10" is doubled - that means it is established. So what they are saying is that they are establishing their "Prevailing-ness" <_< ;)

And if you believe that I have a bridge in Brooklyn I want to sell you!

What exactly are they prevailing over?

Here are the only things I could think of:

TWI prevails over all others in the category of toilet cleaning and teeth flossing.

TWI prevails as the church with the highest percentage of window washers in its membership.

TWI prevails as spewing more profanity from the pulpit than any other denomination.

TWI prevails over its members with an iron fist, or sometimes with a wooden spoon, depending upon member's age.

Seriously, if it's the Word which they say is "prevailing", please show me where this is occurring. Even LCM, who invented all the Prevailing jargon, said the Word had been spread throughout the world (hence the closing of the WOW program), and that the present-day task was to confront the world with the Word. So ... um ... if the Word prevails, who needs to be confronted?

How about the "Decade of Decadence in the Poisoned Land of the Prevailing Pervert"?

Actually it was Kenyon in his book Advanced Studies in Living that coined The Prevailing Word long before Wierwille or Martindale even were born.

Actually it was Kenyon in his book Advanced Studies in Living that coined The Prevailing Word long before Wierwille or Martindale even were born.

I knew I heard other ministers in other outfits say this, or something like it. Now I know why. Thanks TLB.

Nice, Hammer. :biglaugh:

I think the next decade will sadly be "TWI-the next generation".

Maybe they are just keeping the decade of prevailing untill they think they get it right. An affirmation perhaps.

Are they really still using it...or just the prevailing lingo?

They are STILL using it.... Seriously. I asked the question because I couldn't remember when the darn thing began it's been so long!

If they change the title of the "Decade of Prevailing", they would have to change their signs and robotic conversation. They don't have the staff power for something this BIG. Nor do they have the ABS support.

As far as I'm concerned they can have the word 'prevail'. I'm tired of it. If they stick to prevail, then they won't wear out another word that I used to like.

Mrs. B

Nice, Hammer. :biglaugh:

I think the next decade will sadly be "TWI-the next generation".

Maybe they are just keeping the decade of prevailing untill they think they get it right. An affirmation perhaps.

Are they really still using it...or just the prevailing lingo?

This is not to be confused with Star Trek: The Next Generation(Rosie: Resistence is futile) and when did Chuck Woolery and Shandi from Lingo get mixed up with TWI? :biglaugh:

As far as I'm concerned they can have the word 'prevail'. I'm tired of it. If they stick to prevail, then they won't wear out another word that I used to like.

Mrs. B

Like... "Tremendous"?

or, maybe... "Abundant"? :evildenk:

Funny how some words that used to mean good things now just bring back yucky memories.

A list of words I never want to hear again:

1. Available

2. Reproof

3. Prevail

4. Abundance

5. Tremendous

6. Ho-Ho

7. Bless and Treat

8. Present truth

9. Decent

10. In Order

11. Obey